Happy Birthday Toni Basil

Just Jack

I don't know if anyone read the link that JJ posted but we're talking about a very accomplished person who's led a very interesting life. In fact her appearance in "Mickey" was an anomaly in the middle of a very successful choreographing career.

Toni:

1) Claims to have made less than $3000 in US royalties from "Mickey."

2) Made that video when she was over 40 years old.

3) Really was a cheerleader at Las Vegas High School.

4) "Has worked with David Bowie (choreographed and co-directed his 1974 "Diamond Dogs" Tour, Elvis Presley, Talking Heads (she dated David Byrne), the Monkees, Devo, Frank Sinatra, George Lucas, Jack Nicholson, Tom Hanks, Bette Midler, Tina Turner, the Muppets, Matchbox Twenty, Bob Fosse, Davy Jones of the Monkees, and even "Suite Life"-era Zack and Cody. Her latest credit on IMDB had her choreographing an episode of RuPaul’s TV show...which is a long way from dancing next to Annette Funicello all the way back in 1964's Pajama Party."

5) Is childhood best friends with Teri Garr.

6) With Teri sat in on a recording session for "Yellow Submarine" and partied with the Beatles on an all-nighter afterwards.

7) Played the New Orleans hooker in "Easy Rider" that Peter Fonda took a liking to.

8) Possessed video and firsthand knowledge that Michael Jackson did not invent the "Moonwalk."

Quite a life.

Who cares about this chick, the boss turns another year tomorrow.

I hadn't thought about the Boss' birthday yet. He's the only celebrity that i know their birthday.

Toni made that Mickey video when she was 39, not over 40, but here's a picture of her at 41. She was still getting it done!:

Alice%20Cooper,%20Toni%20Basil%201984%20%20cliff.jpg

And Brian Holloway thought he had it bad w/teenagers!

I just caught this a while back on late night TV (Svengooli, ME-TV, Chicago), did you know that she was in this movie? Played the character "Red." LoL...

Village of the Giants w/Beau Bridges & Ron Howard (1965):

movie-reviews_village-of-the-giants-poster.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Village_of_the_Giants

She was also in the movie Easy Rider.

The single is in the HOF, not her.............That's like if they took Frank Reich's cleats or whatever from the comeback game, and put them in the HOF. Do you say Frank Reich is in the Hall of Fame?

Whatever. Take it up with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame if you want.