Jimbo on Mike & Mike this morning

merlin

What struck me the most about his interview (he sounded great by the way) was his comparison of Stevie to Reed. Kind of a stretch, but we can hope that connection is half as good between he and EJ! I love his mentioning of Hull. No doubt, he was a huge factor in the Bills offensive production at that time and why they have locked up Wood instead of say, Byrd. I also noticed that while most people focus on EJ's poise, character, etc when talking about him, Jim seemed to think his best traits were his physical tools. That means they are phenomenal. I also noticed, like you said, that he said that while EJ may be a good runner, they don't necessarily want to incorporate that too much into the game plan and only use that ability when needed for exacapability, as they want him to remain in this role for 8, 10, 12 years. In comaprison to the RG3 drama, where he is (was) a running machine and now a shell of what he was in only his 2nd year. I do hope for RG3 that he will get back to where he was.

The single best thing the coaches appear to be doing with EJ is not having designed runs for him. Maybe its his knee, maybe its their plan. I don't know but I do know, the sooner EJ learns to read defenses and take advantage of that with accurate passes, the better he and the offense will be.

Running QBs like RGIII make great highlights and get the networks all abuzz, but in the end they have relatively few truly productive careers. Either defenses stop them from running and then they never develop the ability to be a good passer or they get injured. The league is currently skewed for passing offenses... develop a passing QB not a runnign QB.

The single best thing the coaches appear to be doing with EJ is not having designed runs for him. Maybe its his knee, maybe its their plan. I don't know but I do know, the sooner EJ learns to read defenses and take advantage of that with accurate passes, the better he and the offense will be.

Running QBs like RGIII make great highlights and get the networks all abuzz, but in the end they have relatively few truly productive careers. Either defenses stop them from running and then they never develop the ability to be a good passer or they get injured. The league is currently skewed for passing offenses... develop a passing QB not a runnign QB.

See Vick,Michael. The guy is ridiculously talented/athletically gifted. He also gets hurt every year because of the offense he runs and his size. It is like teams are so enamored with what he can do they think it is worth it to get everything they can for the time he is healthy and then from there throw caution to the wind. I read that Chip Kelly had his eye on EJ in the draft and they would have taken him of the Bills (or someone else ahead of them) didn't. He also tried to recruit him at Oregon. Edited by YoloInTheBlo

Kiko is going to be our anchor for years. He was pretty good in the first game and excellent last week. Hard to decide which one of our top three picks I'm most excited about.

I think Kiko was a Pettine pick because he knew exactly how he wanted to use him. He reminds me of a raw, young Brian Urlacher.

Kiko is going to be our anchor for years. He was pretty good in the first game and excellent last week. Hard to decide which one of our top three picks I'm most excited about.

How about all the three of them and if Goodwin can come back from his injury and play like he did in Pre-season, the top 4 picks would be excellent.

I think Kiko was a Pettine pick because he knew exactly how he wanted to use him. He reminds me of a raw, young Brian Urlacher.

He looks so skinny (like a WR) on TV!

How about all the three of them and if Goodwin can come back from his injury and play like he did in Pre-season, the top 4 picks would be excellent.

He looks so skinny (like a WR) on TV!

Yes, he is a weird player (by his frame) and that is why many teams didn't know how to use him - my understanding is he was well-regarded as a prospect but he didn't fit in their scheme based on size.