Who tops your list of "he's just not cuttn' it?" Who d

Armchair GM

Chandler: A couple years ago this guy was running great routes, creating separation and making plays..usually in chunks of 12-15 yards. I know he's coming off of an ACL, but he's playing scared. Maybe I'm overreacting, but the play that sticks out was this past week where he caught the ball in the flats and rather than turning it up field, he turned, saw the defenders and curled up in a ball. I think he had another drop down the seam , in traffic, which again leads to the fear.

Graham: We draft Goodwyn...Graham steps up his game in camp...Goodwyn goes down...Graham is unseen.

Bring on...

Grag...They drafted him as a receiving TE, but he showed, in pre-season, he can block too. This week’s match up seems to lend to the fact we're gonna need both, without having to sub Chandler and Smith in and out. Let's see what the kids got in live action.

Easley...He's big, showed up well in pre-season and can't be any less visible than Graham...right?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chandler has been lumbering out there. I don't think he's 100%, and shouldn't be playing, at least not yet. Hopefully he's week/s away and this isn't his new normal.

Grag - I'm thrilled at the thought of a pass-catching TE who is fast, but he really hasn't looked good at all. I'm fine giving the rookie time to develop, but I don't think he's ready. Can anyone comment on his blocking? The couple plays I've seen him block (literally 2 I think) have been underwhelming.

Lee Smith I think is our best option right now. And we need to add another solid TE to this team. Why can the Bill not land a proper TE?

-------------------

I'm willing to give Graham more time and chances. I've been disappointed with his hands, but am not sure if that's a streak, or just how he is. I need more data. From what I've heard, he's getting separation in games, just not being target most of the time.

I'd like to see more of Easley too. I don't know if he's ready to be a regular reciever, but I'd like to see 5-10 plays a game, with a couple targets (assuming he gets open etc.).

Edited by Matt in KC

Easley is doing amazing on special teams. He hasn't played one snap at WR yet. The guy has to be so frustrated, waiting for his chance. It looks like they even have Hogan ahead of him on the depth chart based on what we saw on the last play of the Carolina game.

Chandler to me still seems solid. He gets open consistently, might be a half step slower than we'd like but he's never been fast, just crafty and sure handed.

Bradham seems the odd man out to me this year. Moats, Lawson,Kiko playing well together.

Jim Leonard isn't cutting it. I have no doubt he's better than everyone else at home watching the games, but he looks slow and out of place to me, giving up a TD in each game so far.

You should take another look at the games, including the TD's. He's been surprisingly solid. The one TD that "he gave up" against the Pats was perfect coverage and just an insane throw/catch behind the receiver.

I have actually been really pleasantly surprised at JL.

You should take another look at the games, including the TD's. He's been surprisingly solid. The one TD that "he gave up" against the Pats was perfect coverage and just an insane throw/catch behind the receiver.

100% correct. Leonard McKelvin and Bradham are going unnoticed and doing enough that we are not losing those matchups.

While Bradham is not having a stellar season to make MVP he is keeping his side of the fort up.

Disappointing might be Carrington. I am not disappointed with his play. I am disappointed everyone else is beating him to make the plays. But that is what happens when you have Dareus taking up every blocker, Williams chugginf the line up and Mario wrecking the opposite end at an all pro click.

Carrington will have a superstar game soon and it may be this week. Book it if you want.

Wasn't he also covering Olsen when he scored? Just went back and looked yes was JL again letting up another TD. So we expect 1TD a game from him and that is supposed to be "pleasantly surprise"

Edited by Meatloaf Sandwich

Grag - I'm thrilled at the thought of a pass-catching TE who is fast, but he really hasn't looked good at all. I'm fine giving the rookie time to develop, but I don't think he's ready. Can anyone comment on his blocking? The couple plays I've seen him block (literally 2 I think) have been underwhelming.

I believe Gragg has been inactive for the first two weeks.

I thought he showed very well in preseason and he looks to have been a steal in the 7th round.

I'd also like to see him suit up on Sundays.

100% correct. Leonard McKelvin and Bradham are going unnoticed and doing enough that we are not losing those matchups.

While Bradham is not having a stellar season to make MVP he is keeping his side of the fort up.

Disappointing might be Carrington. I am not disappointed with his play. I am disappointed everyone else is beating him to make the plays. But that is what happens when you have Dareus taking up every blocker, Williams chugginf the line up and Mario wrecking the opposite end at an all pro click.

Carrington will have a superstar game soon and it may be this week. Book it if you want.

Bradham only played one defensive snap last week.

Last year, I'd say Sheppard and Aaron Williams. This year, I like Williams as a safety and thrilled that Sheppard is gone. I only worry about TJ. I caught the 10 o'clock news the other night. They show a tiny snipet of Bills practice footage. EJ throws a perfect pass to TJ. He completely bobbles it, then pops it into the air, bouncing it off his helmet before catching it. No wonder EJ isn't targeting him much in games. Sadly, this is all I've ever seen from TJ. Extreme clumsiness. He lacks in just about every aspect of the WR skill set. Isn't this obvious to just about everyone at this point? It should be!! Not sure about Chandler. EJ has thrown him some bad passes. Colin Brown might come around. Carrington has been silent, but I have faith he'll make some plays and the D line as a whole has done it's job. Overall this team seems a lot more solid than in years past.

It makes me wonder these people that argue like the guy you quoted even watched the game. At the very least they seem to disagree with others even if the other guy didn't play hahahah

didn't watch the game. Did we get a lot of strikes? Who was the first at bat.

The OP asked who's not cutting it thru 2 games... not just last week. Watch Bradham against NE. He did well.

Watch Hughes last week and he did very good.

I can't wait until Sunday when we take on the Westaide Jets. I think they're great and I always like the shows the Jets and Sharks put on. Such great medoliesm

didn't watch the game. Did we get a lot of strikes? Who was the first at bat.

The OP asked who's not cutting it thru 2 games... not just last week. Watch Bradham against NE. He did well.

Watch Hughes last week and he did very good.

I can't wait until Sunday when we take on the Westaide Jets. I think they're great and I always like the shows the Jets and Sharks put on. Such great medoliesm

Lol that's nice

Jim Leonard isn't cutting it. I have no doubt he's better than everyone else at home watching the games, but he looks slow and out of place to me, giving up a TD in each game so far.

I thought Jimmy has looked great personally

I believe Gragg has been inactive for the first two weeks.

I thought he showed very well in preseason and he looks to have been a steal in the 7th round.

I'd also like to see him suit up on Sundays.

He isn't a special teams guy, hence Easily and Hogan active

Wasn't he also covering Olsen when he scored? Just went back and looked yes was JL again letting up another TD. So we expect 1TD a game from him and that is supposed to be "pleasantly surprise"

Not his fault. The Bills were in zone coverage and he was in the back part of the zone. It was Robey and Lawson that were responsible for the TE in the middle of the field. And, frankly, Newton made a great throw--both Robey abd Lawson almost touched the ball.

On the first Edelman TD he looks to have blown his coverage, but maybe it was someone else's job (a very deep LB?). He stayed over with the CB and WR in the right corner of the endzone while the Edelman broke out of the bunch formation to the deep center right past him, uncovered for an easy TD.

On the second Edelman TD in the second quarter Leonard got spun around and was out of arms-reach from Edelman. I don't know how you call that perfect coverage. Kiko was oh-so-close to tipping that ball and made the throw that much harder for Brady.

I, personally, don't think Chandler is majorly worse than last year, just that the offense has changed and so has the QB. In the past he'd basically go to a hole in a zone and the QB would zing the ball into his general area within 1.2 seconds. Plays aren't quite as quick on this offense (the actual play, not just when the ball is hiked). Ideally, I think we need to find a more athletic TE, as I don't think Chandler really fits the scheme that well. But... hell if I know.

My person who I haven't seen much from is Hughes. Every time he's in, it seems like someone runs a big play at him. But again, that's just perception, and not film review.

Oh, and totally agree about Graham, he's basically invisible out there. I really want us to give Easley a shot, but apparently something is keeping him on the bench.

Edited by Dorkington