How do we stack up against the Jets?

boyst

Starting to wonder if this could be a trap game for us. We have high spirits. Atlanta coming up. They are the Jets and they are a team that constantly wrings us dry. I don't care if they have had a lot of turnover I still picture our RB's running to the LOS and disappearing.

That being said... how are we going to matchup on the line? Is it worth it to pull the TE for the FB and two backs? A 3 back set...?

How can we open the lanes against a heavy DL this week without exposing EJ? He is still a rookie and I am concerned that he could be 2 or 3 hits away from losing some confidence...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting to wonder if this could be a trap game for us. We have high spirits. Atlanta coming up. They are the Jets and they are a team that constantly wrings us dry. I don't care if they have had a lot of turnover I still picture our RB's running to the LOS and disappearing.

That being said... how are we going to matchup on the line? Is it worth it to pull the TE for the FB and two backs? A 3 back set...?

How can we open the lanes against a heavy DL this week without exposing EJ? He is still a rookie and I am concerned that he could be 2 or 3 hits away from losing some confidence...

Keep them from stacking the box and throw early and often.

Keep them from stacking the box and throw early and often.

can we risk burning the clock up if we can't score more then FG's? If it is a 2-3 TD lead OK...pass. but we have to stick to the run soon. Otherwise we leave Manuelleft to the wind . His short passes and intermediate play will soon be figured out. He will have to go long.

can we risk burning the clock up if we can't score more then FG's? If it is a 2-3 TD lead OK...pass. but we have to stick to the run soon. Otherwise we leave Manuelleft to the wind . His short passes and intermediate play will soon be figured out. He will have to go long.

I don't see the Jet's offense as much of a threat as the depleted Pats and Panthers offense so I think the defense will again do their part. I know what you mean about the short passes though, the game plan reminds me of how Fitz would play but they still are easing him in. I do think we will see some more deep balls the more he plays.

One thing that was very successful the last game was the play-action pass which I'm sure they will continue to do.

Edited by The Wiz

I would encorage EJ to run a lot-- and perhaps work in some designed read options.

The Jets blitz and play a lot of man-- opens things up for a lot of good QB scrambles.

I don't see the Jet's offense as much of a threat as the depleted Pats and Panthers offense so I think the defense will again do their part. I know what you mean about the short passes though, the game plan reminds me of how Fitz would play but they still are easing him in. I do think we will see some more deep balls the more he plays.

One thing that was very successful the last game was the play-action pass which I'm sure they will continue to do.

I would be more at ease if he has been targetting down field WR's but he isn't. Sunday is the day Chandler needs to get then lead out if we are going down field. Putting only 2 WR's down field with only a TE on the short route is not a good passing scheme. Who evwe and what ever position is the #4 WR cannot go too far down field with such a young QB.

Until we pass it deep effectively teams can key in on the mid level stoppage. Even if all we do is like Carolina and air the ball out then I think it will prove effective against the Jets - a D not too different then ours

I would encorage EJ to run a lot-- and perhaps work in some designed read options.

The Jets blitz and play a lot of man-- opens things up for a lot of good QB scrambles.

those read options need to take advantage of mismatches - Spiller at WR does just that with FJ staying in the backfield. We cannot go out and be vanilla but we must not go out an be exotic. We need to create mismatches with our best players. Use those play action plays to freeze the DB's and use the read option to hold the LBs

All I can say is I dropped the Pittsburgh D for Buffalo's in my fantasy league! :flirt:

Never have had a Buffalo D other than for a bye week. Nice to have a respectable D for a change.

I predict Geno will have a rough day. Our win will depend on how well Manuel plays against Rex' trickery and whether our O line can make holes. Could be a slog-fest.

LOL! Whatever paper actually published that should go out of business for even having that awful of a writer on staff.

Pretty sure Tom wasn't befuddled by the Jets but by his own team and we aren't the only team with a rookie QB. I think our defense will be more hungry for fresh meat than theirs.

Tom was also befuddled by thedownpour during most of the 2nd half.

QB: EJ > Geno

RB: Ours >>> theirs

WR: Ours = theirs

OL: Ours < theirs

DL: Ours > theirs

LB: Ours = theirs

DB: Ours > theirs due to strength of DL

P/K: Ours = theirs

KR: Not much anymore. Kickoffs are usually touchbacks now.

PR: Ours >> theirs

Coaching: Ours > theirs

We should match up well.

The real key to this game will be whether or not EJ is prepared to play on the road. If he is we win. If he isn't, it will be along day.

I think this is the key, too. I expect him to be steady, and the same guy that we see at home, if only because he seems to have such a steady temperament. But we won't know until we see it. If he is, the Bills will win. That might seem obvious, but it's not like he is going to throw 3 TD's in a loss (something Fitz would do).

It has been proven rather conclusively through in depth analysis by football outsiders that trap games do not exist and the team expected to win wins at a slightly higher rate than normal...

QB: EJ > Geno

RB: Ours >>> theirs

WR: Ours = theirs

OL: Ours < theirs

DL: Ours > theirs

LB: Ours = theirs

DB: Ours > theirs due to strength of DL

P/K: Ours = theirs

KR: Not much anymore. Kickoffs are usually touchbacks now.

PR: Ours >> theirs

Coaching: Ours > theirs

We should match up well.

ARE YOU HIGH!?

The Jets have arguably the worst skill-players in the entire LEAGUE!

It has been proven rather conclusively through in depth analysis by football outsiders that trap games do not exist and the team expected to win wins at a slightly higher rate than normal...

I know, but it still has the mindset. It seems like a game we night not be ready for...our first away game, young team, not prepared...seems like we're heading in to a trap.

Realistically how this game will be decided is Rex Ryan's D vs Nathaniel Hackett's sometimes too cute Circus Offense. Advantage Yets. If I'm the Bills I get the ball to spiller in space. Nothing says Blitz buster like a speed back in the flat vacated by blitzing backers/dbs. We make them pay for Blitzing often which we can be sure they will do, the rest takes care if its self.

LV

Edited by LVBillsBackr

I know, but it still has the mindset. It seems like a game we night not be ready for...our first away game, young team, not prepared...seems like we're heading in to a trap.

What did I miss? Why would they not be prepared?

ARE YOU HIGH!?

The Jets have arguably the worst skill-players in the entire LEAGUE!

Not sure about the coaching....coould be equal or go the other way based on experience. but Ours>Theirs in WRs. Maybe Ours >> Theirs if Holmes is still hobbled.

What did I miss? Why would they not be prepared?

Not sure about the coaching....coould be equal or go the other way based on experience. but Ours>Theirs in WRs. Maybe Ours >> Theirs if Holmes is still hobbled.

Young team. First away game. New staff.

We may not like Rex much but he always brings his team in to games prepared and ready to play. I do not doubt Marrone at all or his abilities to have us ready.

Young team. First away game. New staff.

We may not like Rex much but he always brings his team in to games prepared and ready to play. I do not doubt Marrone at all or his abilities to have us ready.

I agree on Rex. The coaching matchup likely goes the way of the Jets in terms of experience. This isn't college though and the whole team isn't young. They will be OK going on the road. It all comes down to how they perform on the field. I know they say the home field is a 3 point advantage, but I think some places are a bigger advantage than others. We had home field for NE and lost. KC went to Philly last night and won handily. Seattle is like a 7 pt home field advantage.