Favorite Album Covers

Chef Jim

I mentioned that I had been reading Gregg Allman's autobiography and in it he explains the story behind the Live at Fillmore East cover. Here is the picture that was not used.

ABB%2BPromofillmorejpg.jpg

Well they photographer was not happy with how the band was not cooperating and he said I'm going to turn around and reload the camera and this is the last roll. You better behave or I won't work with you again. Well while the photographer was reloadind Duane saw his drug dealer across the street. Duane runs across and scores a bag and runs back and sits down. And this the the now iconic picture for that album. And now you know the rest of the story.

Allman-Brother-At-Fillmore-East.png

I always wondered what they were laughing at. Oh and Dickey's looking at Duane with that "I can't !@#$ing believe you just did that" look.

Edited by Chef Jim

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whipped-Cream.jpg

one of my favorites as well. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Some_Girls. "some girls" is another and had to be redesigned after some of the celebs that appeared complained. i also am fond of "stop making sense" by talking heads. Target sells some nice clear plastic mounts to hang album covers. i really like the look of them bunched mand hanging on one wall in my man cave..

one of my favorites as well. http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Some_Girls. "some girls" is another and had to be redesigned after some of the celebs that appeared complained. i also am fond of "stop making sense" by talking heads. Target sells some nice clear plastic mounts to hang album covers. i really like the look of them bunched mand hanging on one wall in my man cave..

I love vinyl and they had some clever covers back in the day. I have the Some Girls(one of my favorite stones albums and songs!) with the insert, Sticky Fingers with the zipper, In Through the Out Door with paper cover...

I love vinyl and they had some clever covers back in the day. I have the Some Girls(one of my favorite stones albums and songs!) with the insert, Sticky Fingers with the zipper, In Through the Out Door with paper cover...

Zeppelin III with the wheel ...

Seconded.

Here's the best part. I used to browse the albums at the store and always made sure to find the Roxy Music ones. Never bought one, too risky as a kid, so I had no idea what their music was like. Fast forward to 1982 when I moved in with my future wife who I found out was a huge Roxy Music fan. She had all of these in her collection. :thumbsup: