MIA - TJ Graham - Track star with no separation

MClem06

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graham and Goodwin -- 73 snaps, 1 catch zero yards, 1 fumble; 1 carry 5 yards. Time for Marcus, lets see what we have.

Okay, and how many of those 73 balls went to either Goodwin or Graham? Four? How many went to any wide receivers...less than 10 is my guess. Stats don't always paint a complete picture. So, all the receivers suck, becuase the ball was never thrown to them. Got it.

I agree to make judgement final on him we need to wait 3 games to let EJ spread his wings but disappointment would be how I would consider him to date. Easley has come on lately so I would split the reps, especially if it is a slant or a post, or a hook pattern. If it's a fly route put TJ in. Everything else should go to Woods, Stevie and Easley.

Classic example of Bills fans not looking at talent (or lack thereof) objectively. Stop being a homer and look at things as they are. Reality check. Remember when some posters here thought D'rick Rodgers was a stud? Someone also compared Easley to Eric Moulds. There's no true #1 WR on the Bills roster. Stevie Johnson should be a #2, and at this point in his career Woods a #3. Chan Gailey who knows offense never really incorporated TJ Graham into the offense. Goodwin is a special team player. The Bills have great #2 and #3 WR's but no legit stud #1 WR.

Nobody has mentioned the difference between TJ and Easley and their downfield blocking either.

The biggest disappointments for me on opening day were Hackett's weak game calling and TJ's performance. He's a great kid, hard worker, team player etc. but there are VERY few of these one dimensional little speed guys that make a difference in this league.

I predicted Goodwin to take over the TJ spot after a month. With his injury they'll probably start putting in Easley here and there.

Side note: did anyone notice how Easley is a man among boys on the special teams kick coverage? Nice job Damien E !!!

Classic example of Bills fans not looking at talent (or lack thereof) objectively. Stop being a homer and look at things as they are. Reality check. Remember when some posters here thought D'rick Rodgers was a stud? Someone also compared Easley to Eric Moulds. There's no true #1 WR on the Bills roster. Stevie Johnson should be a #2, and at this point in his career Woods a #3. Chan Gailey who knows offense never really incorporated TJ Graham into the offense. Goodwin is a special team player. The Bills have great #2 and #3 WR's but no legit stud #1 WR.

Robert Woods is a #1 receiver, no doubt. Stevie Johnson is a #2 receiver, that I will give you. T.J. Graham will never be any good at ALL because he has hands of stone. That can't be changed/

Not a lot of throws to WRs in generally, and only 1 specifically directed towards Graham. What happened to him tearing it up in camp?

I want to be encouraged by the positives from Week 1, but it really looked like the same old Bills to me, just at a faster pace. Lots of 3-and-outs. Lots of checkdowns. The rare deep shots were down the sideline and either underthrown or out of bounds. Very few intermediate throws. Just enough of a glimpse of what it *could* look like (2nd half opening drive) to keep us hopeful, but most of the time, it's drive-killing penalties or general ineptitude. Both backs are good players, but the run game wasn't very effective, particularly on 3rd down. No sacks allowed, but only 150 yards through the air. And to cap it all off, a disturbingly predictable heartbreaking loss. I'm sick of moral victories. I'm sick of teams that would be good "if they can just put it all together". I'm not writing this team off after 1 game, but I'm not very encouraged.

your post has little, if anything, to do with addressing the OP......jI know you are venting, but I'm just sayin'

We've all seen what TJ can do. Absolutely nothing. He is the #1 problem on the offense. If EJ puts that deep pass on the money, there's still no guarantee TJ hauls it in. That 19 yard return was atrocious. He got it to the 12 after dropping it then running out of endzone, having second thoughts at the 2, then his teammate told him to run. This guy is physically and mentally challenged. I'm convinced he's Whaley's nephew. No business being in the NFL. Remember losing to Pats last year after he ran the wrong route?

More than Left Guard?

tenure ?

Graham can get open.

Hell Easily and Hogan can too.

Marcus has a longer stride and has deep speed maybe as compared to TJ has explosive speed.

Hogan just gets open and the catches the ball.

I hope to see them all make plays this season.

Might we consider ? again ? that the past sunday was more about Manuels development . we saw he gained confidence and kept his pose . well done coaches. We also have a a college boy O coordinator up against the Evil Genius for the first time.

pretty big day all around for Bills.

I foresee one hell of a passing attack , including that slacker TJ Graham , having one heck of a season as they loosen the reins.

But i agree the kid still needs work. Hell so does Stevie it seems :nana:

We've all seen what TJ can do. Absolutely nothing. He is the #1 problem on the offense.

Hyperbole is the #1 problem on this board.

Guess how much Eric Moulds would have produced in his career if he were written off after less than 17 games? I'm not saying that Graham is Moulds, but he has a skill set and I'm sure that the team is going to decide when they've seen enough of it. Receivers typically take time to develop in this league.