MNF Thread

BringBackFergy

The NFC East is gonna be really tough this year.

A pretty damn good football team is gonna finish last in that division.

And a pretty damned bad QB will either make or just miss the playoffs, just like every year in north Texas.

Until proven otherwise, you have to say that Vick is better than EJ, McCoy is better than Spiller/Freddy, and DeSean Jackson is better than Stevie.

Also Celek is better than Chandler. And the Eagles lost Jeremy Maclin for the season.

It's questionable at best whether our offensive skill guys are as good as theirs.

And I'll go with Spiller/Freddy over McCoy. The rest of it? I'm just hopeful.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, is it possible that Shanahan once again is allowing RG III to return to action before he is ready? If he continues to struggle, I wonder how long it will be until the call goes out to Cousins.

To my eye, RG3 is fine physically although mentally he might not be fully ready for action.

Besides being a bit skittish, he really hasn't gotten many reps this preseason and none with live bullets.

RG3 lost a step or two?? Hesitant

Those are two very different things. Remember how tentative Brady looked in his first game after his knee injury (IIRC that was the Ledois fumble game)? I'm sure RG3 is hesitating, I think it's way too early to say he's lost a step.

Vick on the other hand has lost a couple steps from his early days.

Those are two very different things. Remember how tentative Brady looked in his first game after his knee injury (IIRC that was the Ledois fumble game)? I'm sure RG3 is hesitating, I think it's way too early to say he's lost a step.

Vick on the other hand has lost a couple steps from his early days.

Fair enough...maybe he is hesitant to leave the pocket on a scramble to reach the first down marker because he knows he lost a step or two. :)

Fair enough...maybe he is hesitant to leave the pocket on a scramble to reach the first down marker because he knows he lost a step or two. :)

Or hesitant due to the insane amount of fumbles he lost last season...he probably knows he's gotta be more conservative running or he could lose his job.

Sorry, I forgot that Marrone was an offensive genius at Syracuse. I think he even led them to the Poinsettia Bowl one year.

I guess it makes more sense to sum up someone's ability to succeed after one game.

You talk as though its a certainty the Eagles run over the league and Marrone is destined to live in th cellar of the AFC East.

Nothing like having a decent sample size.

I guess it makes more sense to sum up someone's ability to succeed after one game.

You talk as though its a certainty the Eagles run over the league and Marrone is destined to live in th cellar of the AFC East.

--come on--stop with the common sense stuff

Nothing is ever certain. Body of work today, right now, is all you can work with.

LOL!

By the time this game is over, he might have lost a leg or two. This is just an ass pounding being administered by Philly.

I noticed the Eagles D looks fast, like ours did. I think the Eagles and Bills D's have been conditioned very well by facing these high temp O's all pre season. I really hope Hackett implements some more passing into the O with more diverse run plays. We have potential to look similar to this Eagles team, which by the way looks very good.

Well, as my post suggests, I think it's fair to consider their respective college coaching records, as well.