What if the Bills game is blacked out?

apikefish

Where are you finding this info? I usually go to the506.com, but they don't post the upcoming weekend's games until Wed or thurs.

Right on the stations website....

http://wydc-tv.com/programming.html

They may get blacked out also, here's their coverage map...

http://wydc-tv.com/map.html

Dansville falls within that 75 mile radius.

Can't we just agree that a stadium that has over 60,000 seats filled should not be blacked out to the public, when you consider tax payer funds finance the stadiums, fans buy a ton of apparel, and the NFL Sunday Ticket should enable someone to watch all NFL games regardless of location (otherwise it is discrimination based on location)? The fact that the NFL has gotten away with this sham for 50 years, when it has proven to be detrimental to its franchises that get blacked out with regular frequency (see Rams, Raiders, Cardinals, Browns, Colts), is staggering on a criminal level. The majority of income for most franchises comes from television revenue. Thus, it does a huge disservice to the franchise and the league to black-out the games, when it needs fans to watch the substandard product known as a Dallas Cowboys game.

Opening day was a sellout, but the reported attendance was only ~65K. Were there really ~7,000 no-shows?

They said somewhere it was a typo I guess. Was reported as 65,519 but was really 69,519 or something like that.

There is an easy way to get blacked out Bills games in real time if you have direct tv. I live in Rochester and get every blacked out Bills game. And I don't mean red zone, I mean the actual game.

Turn your dish 5.6 degrees?

I too get annoyed when people say "just buy a ticket and go the game!"

I live 123 miles from the Ralph yet if the game is blacked out I don't get to see it because my CBS/FOX stations are Rochester. It is hard enough to get by each week with enough for gas and groceries. I would have to spend $60-$100+ for a ticket, $25 for parking, $30 for gas and tolls just for ONE game. If I could afford it I would try to go, and I have gone once each of the past 5 years. But I feel like the blackout policy punishes fans like me who want to watch their team play but legitimately have reasons why they cannot go.

The NFL does not care about people who cannot afford to go to the games. However, they fully expect tax money from those people.

Really? Regular season games? I am surprised the NFL would allow that. Or, are you just talking about pre-season games? I have seen it with pre-season, but those games are set up by the individual franchises, and the rights belong to the teams, not the NFL.

I have never heard of this being done with regular season games before.

They definitely never did it when I have lived in an NFL city... I didn't live in WNY at the time, but I seem to recall that the local NBC affiliate in Buffalo (WGRZ, maybe WGR back then) tried to lobby the NFL to allow them to show a re-broadcast of the legendary comeback game against the Oilers, but the NFL wouldn't allow it. They are pretty tight fisted abou this kind of thing...

I may be having a Sr. moment, but I believe that at least in Rochester (since it is not the "principal" market maybe) they have rebroadcast non-sellout games a day or two later in years past.

I don't know about Buffalo however.

Saw Hannah Bueller was handing out tickets at a Tim Hortons in Hamburg this morning.... me thinks the team and other business partners took care of it.

If there is any business that should be buying tickets towards a sell out it should be Tim Hortons. They owe this community. Im not sure I see them getting involved in the community enough for the loyalty Buffalo shows them.

If there is any business that should be buying tickets towards a sell out it should be Tim Hortons. They owe this community. Im not sure I see them getting involved in the community enough for the loyalty Buffalo shows them.

Would make sense that Tim Horton's buys a certain quantity of tickets and gets a promo video of Miss Hannah handing them out in their stores.