Mike Pettine Is Brilliant, Hackett I am Concerned About

The only reason this game was close was because of Mike Pettine. He is a brilliant D-Coordinator. Impeccable scheme.

Hackett was awful today. Predictable, conservative, not taking advantage of matchups and adapting that Jackson should have been focused after the 1st quarter.

Questionable headcoaching. We perhaps witnessed the worse challange in recent years. Taking into account the recent inepness, of Mularkey, Juaron, Williams. Even more clueless about time managment in the 4th quarter than these guys.

Unfortunetly I think Pettine will be poached from the Bills after this year or next.

I wouldn't get too down on Hackett yet. For all we know, at this point Manuel can only handle a very limited playbook. He hasn't played in over 3 weeks and only played a couple of quarters of preseason football.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't get too down on Hackett yet. For all we know, at this point Manuel can only handle a very limited playbook. He hasn't played in over 3 weeks and only played a couple of quarters of preseason football.

It's not even that. He didn't make the move to feature Jackson over Spiller when it was glaring that he was the better matchup today.

yeah but he still needed to mix it up!! Evryth out the gun?? Give me a break!! 3rd and 1 out the gun. We kept frank summers right?? Lol

Spiller wasn't the RB matchup that should have been featured in this game after the 1st quarter. At the same time they overuse Spiller. Inept.

The defense was nothing short of amazing today. Nothing to complain about at all on that side of the ball.

How can you have nothing to complain about? They allowed the game winning drive. I agree that overall they looked better than the O but there are plenty of things they can improve upon - getting off the field on 3rd down would be a good start.

poor clock management. If we had a more experienced offense, that would have been an excellent approach. 3 and out did wind the defense. it had to. I am just happy it wasn't 46-10 blowout. A win would have been great, but when handed a loss, at least it was close.

The defense was nothing short of amazing today. Nothing to complain about at all on that side of the ball.

Don't see how you can say that when the Pats beat the defense consistently with basically the same play to Edelman or Amendola

And what about the run defense? Vareen looked like a beast vs them today

Fire Hackett! Bring in a new offensive coordinator! Revamp the offense. No over reaction here on TBD. First game for the new staff. Give them a break. The team, as a whole, will improve as the season goes on.

Funny, I don't see anybody saying that.

There are gonna be growing pains - just hope that Hackett and Marrone will be able to see what we are all seeing and feeling from watching on TV.

Why don't some of you guys go see how many times Brady has been held to 6 points in the entire second half of a game. Then come back and say how the defense wasn't solid.

Even with all the penalties and mistakes, the OFFENSE needs to learn to close out a game...and in time they will. But for anyone to expect more from a defense missing two starters and with a less-than-100% stud DE, you're delusional.

Why don't some of you guys go see how many times Brady has been held to 6 points in the entire second half of a game. Then come back and say how the defense wasn't solid.

Even with all the penalties and mistakes, the OFFENSE needs to learn to close out a game...and in time they will. But for anyone to expect more from a defense missing two starters and with a less-than-100% stud DE, you're delusional.

Who is saying defense wasn't solid?...just a little much to say brilliant

I would hv liked to hv seen the defense take away that pass to Amendola and Edelman that killed them all game long

Who is saying defense wasn't solid?...just a little much to say brilliant

I would hv liked to hv seen the defense take away that pass to Amendola and Edelman that killed them all game long

Whey even take issue with it? Seriously, see how many times Brady has been held to 6 points in the entire 2nd half...Mr "39" 4th quarter comebacks simply doesn't have that happen to him, yet our defense pulled it off. The offense had several chances to make it a two score game, which likely would have made the difference. They didn't get it done. That doesn't mean they WON'T get it done as they mature, but today they didn't.

As far as taking away Amendola and Edelman, of course it would have been nice to take that way. But don't you think Brady had some say in that?

To your point, Amendonla was blanketed down the stretch. Just a series of insane throws/catches. I still don't even understand how some of those were caught.

Absolutely no doubt...that's why I was on a few people who said Brady was pedestrian. Even with green/unfamiliar receivers and missing his top target, Brady made sick throws that were timed absolutely perfectly. In years past, we'd consistently see his targets just running wide open all over the place...there was none of that today. Our guys were almost always in position, but the throws were surgeon-like. That's why the guy has been to five Super Bowls...it's not as easy as just pulling Pettine aside before the game and saying, "hey, Mike...make sure you don't forget to take Amendola and Edelman out of the game, k?" Brady is one of a very small number of QBs who can dictate to a defense, regardless of his supporting cast. Sometimes there is NOTHING you can do, regardless of how aware we are of where he's going to throw the ball. As much as I enjoy taking shots at Tommy boy and making fun of him, you can't deny that he is able to win games all by himself.

Hackett is the only one I questioned on the coaching staff. Imo, I think his play calling was bs!!

As for the d in the 4th, perhaps the were winded because of the 3 and outs. I'm not feeling Hackett at all.

I questioned the selecton of special teams coach. And, today did not change my mind about that.

Why make a guy who has hardly played in the past three weeks almost solely responsible for moving the chains and keeping the clock running? Freddie was the answer and Hackett didn't use him.

Actually, several "regulars" looked rusty. Chandler in particular was missing a step both physically and mentally, lets see what Gragg can do. Also, 11 out there fielding kickoffs when he hasn't played in three weeks or more. Finally put in Easley to handle the lsat one.....that actually made some sense, since he has been playing in preseason. Edited by bigK14094