Marrone - this loss is on you both

BreezeMafia

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doug Marrone - welcome to the NFL. Your strategy in the 4th quarter cost the Bills. No one else but you. You played to lose in the 4th quarter. Why don't you watch the Jets who allowed Geno Smith to actual play football

Huh??? He played to lose??? Are you just looking to start a fight?? Playing to lose means run, run, run, punt. Hurry up is an offensive minded strategy - they didn't execute. Shiite happens. Stevie could catch a first down pass in his hands and the clock would run.

I don't get pi$$ed off much but this kind of observation boils my blood.

It wasn't either one of those guys that dropped the ball on third down and allowed the Pats to come back and win. That was on Stevie. If he catches that ball, the Bills win the game and everybody is happy. He missed two like that today that killed drives. Marrone, Hackett and Pettine did their jobs. Stevie didn't do his. He gets paid to catch the football.

Firstly, I would like to say that I am not a fan of the extremely predictable run scheme. Every run play was basically hike it to Manuel in the shotgun and just hand it to either Fred or CJ next to him. Let them choose a hole and run. It was so predictable. Also, when the back gets the ball he has no forward momentum to gash the defense. It was horrendous. They'll have to mix this up more. I'm sorry but I'm not a fan.

Secondly, I am going to be cussing Doug Marrone every week if he does not change his "up-tempo" offense at the end of games. I'm fine with running it (the up-tempo) up until about 4 minutes to go in either the half or the game. From there, you have to manage the clock as it best fits you; not just blindly run your up tempo offense as if the clock doesn't exist. I was ready to kill him on that three and out with about 5 minutes to go. Our runs were way too predictable and we used no time. Who on earth other than Doug Marrone didn't know for a fact that New England was going to manage the clock perfectly and win the game. He botched the hell out of this. If he does not change this, we'll lose games because of it. We may have lost today because of it. He will not succeed if he does not change.

Way too many penalties killed drives. Usually on big plays that were drive starters we got them whcih is so frustrating. We'll have to work these out. Hopefully, the refs were just screwing us this game. New England had like no big penalties. Infuriating. However, if this is a real issue it will continue to bite us hard and this is also on Marrone.

Our team is a bunch of p*ssies. Mario spent time on the sidelines in a huge game for us in the heat of battle. No more excuses Mario. You're the 2nd coming of Albert Haynesworth. Prove me wrong. Byrd is a b*tch now. Plantar Fascitis? My *ass. I guarantee if he was traded tomorrow it would magically heal over night. Suit up and shut up. You're under contract and this team is paying you $6.9 million to play. Every player is complaining about some knick knack little injury so they have an excuse if they play poorly. Go produce. I don't want to hear about your injuries. Every player has knick ups. You just B word about every little one. Lots of our players are like this and I'm sick of it. Toughen up. We're supposed to be a blue collar squad.

Pettine is clearly light years better than Wannstedt. We made so many mistakes today and were in the game. I wanted to kill Spiller over that fumble. Pathetic. Too many stupid mistakes cost us and Marrone made some of them. I bet the players are in the locker rooms talking amongst themselves right now saying "what kind of clock management was that by coach?" It's hard to get in players faces and rip them when you're making big mistakes yourself.

Get it together!!!

It wasn't either one of those guys that dropped the ball on third down and allowed the Pats to come back and win. That was on Stevie. If he catches that ball, the Bills win the game and everybody is happy. He missed two like that today that killed drives. Marrone, Hackett and Pettine did their jobs. Stevie didn't do his. He gets paid to catch the football.

True but even on his first challenge of the game, new England recovered the football and the man still challenges. I just think he looked a little lost today

So it's more on Stevie than lets say... Spiller? Pretty sure spiller not only sucked today but he also handed the Pats the football, in which the scored

I was fine with Marrone (wtf at challenge, though). Not great or anything. Pettine also was ok. Defense was soft when we needed to not be, though.

Hackett needs to pull his head out of his ass, though.

Edited by Dorkington

That catch wouldnot have locked up the game

My biggest complaint was calling the same running play all game long....do they really not have any other running plays or formations?

They became very predictable on offense

Edited by Max997

True but even on his first challenge of the game, new England recovered the football and the man still challenges. I just think he looked a little lost today

And that had exactly zero impact on the game...I mean who really cares about that challenge at this point, it changed nothing. The drops and penalties are why we lost, not Marrone. Marrone and the whole staff I feel did a great job today, especially considering all the injuries we had coming in (including missing 2 of our most important defensive players in Gilmore and Byrd).

Not getting the Marrone criticism. Defense makes one or two stops or Johnson catches that 3rd down pass we're talking win.

Exactly...Marrone had this team ready to play and this team and staff did a good job today and they have something to build on.