Cleveland Kidnapper Ariel Castro dead

Just Jack

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He will get a proper end. What about cremating him and return his ashes to the soil.

I don't give a crap what his family decides to do, but letting his corpse lay in a cornfield to let the buzzards get him isn't part of our culture. Not mine, anyway.

How we treat the dead is one of the things that separate us from serial killers who leave their victims in cornfields for the buzzards.

Perhaps. But the much more important distinction would be -- NOT FRIGGIN' MURDERING INNOCENT PEOPLE!

That sends a bigger message about you than it does him.

Well, duh. The message being "Jon cares about a whole lot of other things much, much more than the method of disposal of the corpse of a disgusting abusive POS who tortured innocent people for a decade." If you, or anyone, thinks the lesser of me for that, well frankly I'm fine with it.

I couldn't care less about him. I'd bury him for the sake of my own humanity, not his.

I'd cremate his body and let the ashes fertilize some flowers rather than leave him in a cornfield, because I wouldn't want any kids to stumble across his decomposing corpse. Not because I give two figs about what it says or doesn't say about my "humanity."

I'd cremate his body and let the ashes fertilize some flowers rather than leave him in a cornfield, because I wouldn't want any kids to stumble across his decomposing corpse. Not because I give two figs about what it says or doesn't say about my "humanity."

You should be truly frightened at your attitude.

Little note to all our readers: when DC Tom is showing more humility than you are, you seriously need to take a step back and reevaluate your world-view.

Little note to all our readers: when DC Tom is showing more humility than you are, you seriously need to take a step back and reevaluate your world-view.

Seriously. Yikes.

Well my first inclination was to merely reply "That's ridiculous", but then I thought "Well, DC Tom has at times demonstrated some knowledge in various fields, so perhaps it's worth carefully considering his point." So I did. My response after a night of sleep and introspection is that on this topic, we should probably agree to disagree. Our world-views on this point are simply not aligned, and are not going to be made closer by a bunch of pointless bickering. Our definitions of 'humanity' likely have very different weightings for certain actions. I will say this: I am not at all frightened at (or by) my attitude. I strive to treat people well, and they (mostly) respond in kind. Have a good day.

Seriously. Yikes.

Whatever. Edited by Jon in Pasadena

Well my first inclination was to merely reply "That's ridiculous", but then I thought "Well, DC Tom has at times demonstrated some knowledge in various fields, so perhaps it's worth carefully considering his point." So I did. My response after a night of sleep and introspection is that on this topic, we should probably agree to disagree. Our world-views on this point are simply not aligned, and are not going to be made closer by a bunch of pointless bickering. Our definitions of 'humanity' likely have very different weightings for certain actions. I will say this: I am not at all frightened at (or by) my attitude. I strive to treat people well, and they (mostly) respond in kind. Have a good day.

Booooorrrrrring.

:D

Actually, it was a bit more than your non-comment deserved. Consider it pay-it-forward for your future gems.

"I'd cremate his body and let the ashes fertilize some flowers rather than leave him in a cornfield, because I wouldn't want any kids to stumble across his decomposing corpse."

You said that.

It's disturbing enough that a person in a civilized world has beliefs such as those. What's more disturbing is that you're a parent (at least your words would indicate that).

How does your attitude toward your fellow man make you any better than the person about whom you're speaking? Guess what ... it doesn't. It puts you on a level playing field.

So when you're done e-blowing Tom and when you're done proving to anyone unlucky enough to read your drivel that you have absolutely no idea what humanity is ... well then, perhaps, you can come up with something other than, "whatever," or "I don't care what you think."

"I'd cremate his body and let the ashes fertilize some flowers rather than leave him in a cornfield, because I wouldn't want any kids to stumble across his decomposing corpse."

You said that.

It's disturbing enough that a person in a civilized world has beliefs such as those. What's more disturbing is that you're a parent (at least your words would indicate that).

How does your attitude toward your fellow man make you any better than the person about whom you're speaking? Guess what ... it doesn't. It puts you on a level playing field.

OK, I'm going to assume that either you have horribly mis-read what I wrote, or else that you are dangerously insane. Let me rephrase the above to remove any possible ambiguity:

I would
not
leave Ariel Castro's corpse to rot in a cornfield, because to do so would leave open the possibility that a child or other sensitive individual might stumble across it and be traumatized. Therefore, as an alternative, I would cremate him, and scatter his ashes.

If you still have a problem with that, well...you have a lot of problems.

So when you're done e-blowing Tom and when you're done proving to anyone unlucky enough to read your drivel that you have absolutely no idea what humanity is ... well then, perhaps, you can come up with something other than, "whatever," or "I don't care what you think."

First, you're disgusting. Tom & I have at least a limited history of intelligent conversations. Second, hate to break it to you, but "Yikes" is not really super-profound commentary. Even when preceded by the super-awesome adjective "Seriously." Third, if your drivel is not contingent on your gross mis-reading of my first post, then... you have more serious problems than I thought.

Boy, you guys (DC and Gug) are brutal... Smell blood and give 'em the business!

Let's be reasonable. Jon was just lashing out against a wicked, evil man... Who really thinks Jon would pull the trigger on leaving the dead creep in a cornfield for buzzards to take? LoL... Same with my gibbet comment. It is just a way people act when faced with such awful acts.

The indignanation is a bit over the top... Nobody is leaving creep, Ariel Castro for the buzzards to get and never will...

Come on... Let's all sing kumbaya... "Come on all you people now, smile on Your brother ... everybody get together and try to love one another... right now, right now, right now".

Boy, you guys (DC and Gug) are brutal... Smell blood and give 'em the business!

Let's be reasonable. Jon was just lashing out against a wicked, evil man... Who really thinks Jon would pull the trigger on leaving the dead creep in a cornfield for buzzards to take? LoL... Same with my gibbet comment. It is just a way people act when faced with such awful acts.

The indignanation is a bit over the top... Nobody is leaving creep, Ariel Castro for the buzzards to get and never will...

Come on... Let's all sing kumbaya... "Come on all you people now, smile on Your brother ... everybody get together and try to love one another... right now, right now, right now".

Oh, I know. I was just being a jerk for the hell of it.

But ... Castro - as much of a monster and piece of garbage he was - and as much as our society, as a whole, is better off without him - there is likely someone out there who is sad that he is dead. Someone who, although this person did terrible things, will miss him. For that reason, and due to the fact we are a civilized people, even he deserves a proper burial.

But I'm leaving this alone now.

As I sing this, "Come on all you people now, smile on Your brother ... everybody get together and try to love one another... right now, right now, right now".

Oh, I know. I was just being a jerk for the hell of it.

But ... Castro - as much of a monster and piece of garbage he was - and as much as our society, as a whole, is better off without him - there is likely someone out there who is sad that he is dead. Someone who, although this person did terrible things, will miss him. For that reason, and due to the fact we are a civilized people, even he deserves a proper burial.

But I'm leaving this alone now.

As I sing this, "Come on all you people now, smile on Your brother ... everybody get together and try to love one another... right now, right now, right now".

I am just playing peacemaker... ;) You are a sane and reasonable man Gugny!

I wonder what Tom's response will be? ;)

Who really thinks Jon would pull the trigger on leaving the dead creep in a cornfield for buzzards to take?

Holy crap. Apparently the font size made the comma in my original comment seem to disappear or something, because for want of it, the fundamental intent of my statement seems to have been lost (or what is worse, reversed!) I feel like friggin' Richard III here (which is not a pleasant sensation for those keeping track.) :blink:

one of the articles i read mentioned his family finding out on the news and being upset. people were destroying the family for being upset. i found it a little unfortunate both for the few people left that cared about him to see it on CNN before getting a call from the prison, and for all the people that didnt think the family had a right to be sad.

MRags get back in here. Tell people what it is like dealing with some of the psych ward inmates. There are cons and inmates, everyone knows that... but tell us how out there these guys are. I have worked with a bunch. Call the Temp Agency for 6 guys, surely, 1 is an inmate. Call 4 times and you get a psych ward pill popper.

These guys do not understand punish because they do not understand reality. It is not just their environment that is attributed to this. It is many many things.

This person, while still a very evil and disgusting person, is now dead and whether you are religious or not it does not matter, he is dead.

i missed a lot of this thread. Haven't read what all the arguments are but yes, there is a HUGE difference in your every day "inmate" and your "psych ward" inmates. To the state of NY they are called ICP inmates, or BHU inmates. We just call them "Bugs" as in big outs.

Inmates are just inmates to me. But there's a difference for sure. A normal every day inmate gets up, goes to the yard, works out, goes to chow daily, maybe works a job.

A Bug is different. They masterbate chronically, they throw poop, cups of piss, eat their own poop, they go to the yard but not to work out, they search for cigarette butts that are almost dead and tossed on the ground.

A few stories here:

When I was at Sullivan, we had a bug that tried to commit suicide but his shoe laces broke as he was hanging. Just days before he did this, he ate a cup of his own poop for 1 cigarette. Not 1 pack of cigarettes, just 1!!! He ate the poop. Never got the cigarette, so he tried to end it all. Apparently the cigarette was that important to him. As he Layed strapped to a stretcher in the ER we have him a cig. He was happy after that.

Another bug would walk around winter or summer with pants and a winter jacket on. In the pocket of his winter jacket he would always have a piece of raw chicken to hang on to. Eat it as his day went on. He was very normal. He would constantly tell everyone about how he invented the windmill, or high speed rail. He was a master at Chess though. I'll give him that.

And then there's inmates that are normal that just love to create chaos. Just for the joy of watching someone die. I've heard many, many stories. I won't give details and make anyone ill here. Your just gonna have to trust me.

It is important to them. That is all they got, it is their "world" mrags, which you probably know... It is all they have and know. Just like the guy who stabs a pregnant woman for 5 cents. Sounds crazy, of course it is crazy... To the rest of the rational world. Of course we don't understand it because it is not our world. It all seems very rational to them but, it is VERY irrational to the rest.

Gotta take my shower now... Almost time to check outta the Holiday Inn Express.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois