Teen kicked out of trendy clothes store for being a fat-a$$

\GoBillsInDallas/

I think you missed the point.

Then for my edification, please explain the virtue of more shaming?

After all, shaming is the impetus for this story. A girl was shamed for her lack of self respect and became a victim. Now we get to shame the rude B word, who shamed the fat body. in a week's time the rude B word will be a victim due to the onslaught of national media scrutiny. There will be hate mail and death threats for the rude B word, and the fat chick will get a You Go Girl Fat is Beautiful and Real Women Have Curves Hot Fudge Pride Parade. The circle of bull **** continues all because people love to be outraged by bad behavior to feel marginally better about themselves.

Promoting tolerance through intolerance of intolerance doesn't sound much like tolerance, now does it?

After all, shaming is the impetus for this story. A girl was shamed for her lack of self respect and became a victim. Now we get to shame the rude B word, who shamed the fat body. in a week's time the rude B word will be a victim due to the onslaught of national media scrutiny. There will be hate mail and death threats for the rude B word, and the fat chick will get a You Go Girl Fat is Beautiful and Real Women Have Curves Hot Fudge Pride Parade. The circle of bull **** continues all because people love to be outraged by bad behavior to feel marginally better about themselves.

Promoting tolerance through intolerance of intolerance doesn't sound much like tolerance, now does it?

Interesting take. I'd like to string up the "curves are beautiful" crowd myself. Turns out when you're fat, you're not beautiful on the inside, ask your organs that are struggling to survive.

But she'll get a lot of go-on-girls anyways because she's up to her 38 inch waist in her 15 minutes of pity. And while the anonymous forces of Internet hate could make the store clerks life a little dicey, without making her the center of attention, she kinda gets away unscathed (though I'm certain some corner of the Internet has already circulated her address, phone number, work schedule, license plate and a list of her fears).

Meantime, everyone's a !@#$ing victim anymore. To take my stance to the logical extreme, part of me wishes the girl took a look in the mirror and said to herself, damn it, may be she's right. May be it's time to drop some LB's. Instead, the opposite happened because of our crippling victimhood mentality.

Edited by The Big Cat

Bullseye; best take on this type of bullsh-- I've read in a long time. And the bolded part made me laugh.

Interesting take. I'd like to string up the "curves are beautiful" crowd myself. Turns out when you're fat, you're not beautiful on the inside, ask your organs that are struggling to survive.

But she'll get a lot of go-on-girls anyways because she's up to her 38 inch waist in her 15 minutes of pity. And while the anonymous forces of Internet hate could make the store clerks life a little dicey, without making her the center of attention, she kinda gets away unscathed (though I'm certain some corner of the Internet has already circulated her address, phone number, work schedule, license plate and a list of her fears).

Meantime, everyone's a !@#$ing victim anymore. To take my stance to the logical extreme, part of me wishes the girl took a look in the mirror and said to herself, damn it, may be she's right. May be it's time to drop some LB's. Instead, the opposite happened because of our crippling victimhood mentality.

Agreed.

In a perfect world the headline would be:

Treat Others With Respect, Treat Yourself With Respect

Gross fat girl needs to lose a lot of weight (unless its a medical condition or glandular in which case we apologize, but lets be serious, its probably not) and awful B word needs to stop being such an awful B word because she's not even that hot herself.

Then image problems can be the fault of men again.

I can see why she should lose weight, being young and all.. But who really cares. Anybody read the recent BMI story? For 1 in 5, BMI tells the wrong story:

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/aug/22/science/la-sci-obesity-predicting-health-20130822

"Obese is bad and lean is good. End of story, right?

Wrong, say a pair of University of Pennsylvania physicians and obesity researchers who are calling for better ways to assess individual health prospects than the body mass index, or BMI..."

Who the heck is this store employee or anybody else to say somebody isn't healthy just by looking @ them?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I can see why she should lose weight, being young and all.. But who really cares. Anybody read the recent BMI story? For 1 in 5, BMI tells the wrong story:

http://articles.lati...health-20130822

Wrong, say a pair of University of Pennsylvania physicians and obesity researchers who are calling for better ways to assess individual health prospects than the body mass index, or BMI..."

Who the heck is this store employee or anybody else to say somebody isn't healthy just by looking @ them?

Who's to say there won't someday be a dominant NBA center named Ari Silverstein?

Would you bet on it?

http://articles.lati...health-20130822

At this girls age she has no reason to be at this weight. BMI or not... which I am a 30, I think...which makes me obese. I would like to find anyone say I am obese.

At this girls age she has no reason to be at this weight. BMI or not... which I am a 30, I think...which makes me obese. I would like to find anyone say I am obese.

Mine's 28, putting me at the high-end of 'over weight.' I'm fixing to run a half marathon Sunday at a sub-8 pace. BMI is horse ****.

Mine's 28, putting me at the high-end of 'over weight.' I'm fixing to run a half marathon Sunday at a sub-8 pace. BMI is horse ****.

Last year with all the hiking I did (33 mountains total) my BMI was down to 31.2 according to this calculator,. I started at 36.6