One week till opening day and zero NFL snaps at QB on the roster

I'd be lying if I didn't say I find this disconcerting.

I vote Batch for #3, clipboard, extra coach on the field and a good presence on the team. I don't care if he never sees a down - in fact, I prefer it. But this is pretty awful looking right now - even moreso than if they had held onto Leinart.

I had a similar thought. I can't remember an NFL with so little experience at QB. I'm hoping Manuel gets healthy and has a succsessful rookie season, but this could get ugly.

Especially since one of them is an UDFA. I know players come from everywhere, but in your ideal situation Tuel is fighting for a roster spot, not your probable week 1 starter and second most experienced QB.

The Bills are obviously going to be bringing another QB in with Clausen and Quinn prob at the top of the list

No way they go into season with just EJ and Tuel even if EJ was completely healthy

Edited by Max997

I'd be lying if I didn't say I find this disconcerting.

I vote Batch for #3, clipboard, extra coach on the field and a good presence on the team. I don't care if he never sees a down - in fact, I prefer it. But this is pretty awful looking right now - even moreso than if they had held onto Leinart.

Considering the suckiness of the snaps we have seen in the last year, below the mendoza line, couldn't this be considered an upgrade?

I like the idea of Dennis Dixon.

I had a similar thought. I can't remember an NFL with so little experience at QB. I'm hoping Manuel gets healthy and has a succsessful rookie season, but this could get ugly.

last year with the Redskins wasn't far off.

last year with the Redskins wasn't far off.

I think Grossman sucks, but having a guy who has appeared in the Super Bowl, even as your #3, is pretty far off from this (I think). And Rex had also started for this same team, so he had experience with the team and staff.

Whomever the Bills pick up will be fresh to this team.

Three observations/thoughts:

1) First, I think it means they feel very confident that EJ Manuel will be back next week.

2) As for a 3rd QB, I have liked the idea of Dixon all along--much better option than the list of Notre Dame rejects listed above.

3) I would assume they are in discussions with someone or this move would not have been made today (that is, cutting Lewis).

This is what happens when your GM doesn't draft a QB until the 4th year of your most recent rebuilding process. Where's the accountability?

Buddy and Chan's blind faith and belief in Fritztragic have left the QB spot so completely empty, the Bills may be starting an undrafted rookie QB, or

a highly drafted QB, both of whom have no NFL snaps.

Do get me wrong, I'm more excited for this season than most years, it's just that you can't run an NFL franchise like this.

Kolb was an accident waiting to happen apparently, and Buffalo was his 3rd NFL stop. I do hope he is OK and gets well.

:huh:

Welcome to the NFL, rookie!

The sooner EJ lays claim to his team, the better. And I fully hope that means ruffling some vet feathers by telling Mario to shut his phucking fridge when things aren't going well.

Shades of '86, baby. Albeit without a QB with three previous seasons of up tempo, run and shoot pro ball behind him.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

This is what happens when your GM doesn't draft a QB until the 4th year of your most recent rebuilding process. Where's the accountability?

Buddy and Chan's blind faith and belief in Fritztragic have left the QB spot so completely empty, the Bills may be starting an undrafted rookie QB, or

a highly drafted QB, both of whom have no NFL snaps.

Do get me wrong, I'm more excited for this season than most years, it's just that you can't run an NFL franchise like this.

Kolb was an accident waiting to happen apparently, and Buffalo was his 3rd NFL stop. I do hope he is OK and gets well.

:huh:

Stop whining, seriously. Do you think it's easy to completely redo a friggin NFL franchise? It takes time. And getting your QB early in that rebuild is a bad idea, unless the absolute perfect one is there, because they'll get destroyed behind a porous o-line and not have much talent at the skilled positions to work with. They'd be shell shocked before week 8. Look at how bad the Raiders consistently are, and how their QB's do. They get crushed every play unless they hand off to McFadden. Buddy and co. did a pretty good job, imo.

I am excited to see how these rookie QBs do. I don't get all of this worrying nonsense. Nobody on this forum has any skin in the game, both figuratively and literally. When you buy the ticket, you take the ride. Stop sniveling and enjoy it for what it is, an adventure into the unknown. EJ and Tuel represent the unknown. Embrace it. Wish them well. Go Bills!