Is the death penalty too good for her?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I just got an email from a colleague that his baby boy (maybe a month old or so) just passed. He said he got to hold him for three hours while the child died. Said it was the first time he held him in three weeks. I don't know the details of his story but it's stories like his that make the one above really, really pisses me off!

And I just got an email from a colleague that his baby boy (maybe a month old or so) just passed. He said he got to hold him for three hours while the child died. Said it was the first time he held him in three weeks.

that's absolutely heartbreaking. I'm so sorry for your friend. I can't begin to imagine how terrible an experience that must have been.

that's absolutely heartbreaking. I'm so sorry for your friend. I can't begin to imagine how terrible an experience that must have been.

I invited him to a BBQ at my house a couple of weeks ago and he said he'd love to make it but was having too much fun with his new baby boy. This POS in this story does not deserve to continue on this planet. :censored:

Now that improved DNA testing and more complete DNA data banks have eliminated most of the "wrongful conviction" errors, I'm full-blown in favor of the death penalty as punishment for murder and several other heinous crimes. Death is a deterrent in that, once dead, chances are the individual will not commit murder again.

Over the course of 30 minutes or so.

But not until she's thoroughly interviewed by psychiatrists and psychologists to determine what, exactly, her problem is.

I believe that's vitally important research, simply to identify these !@#$ed-up people early and eliminate them from the gene pool before they have kids.

And I just got an email from a colleague that his baby boy (maybe a month old or so) just passed. He said he got to hold him for three hours while the child died. Said it was the first time he held him in three weeks. I don't know the details of his story but it's stories like his that make the one above really, really pisses me off!

There is a special place in hell for evil woman like this.

So sad about your story. Send all my love, prayers, and strength. Help your friend if you can.

My brother was born one day before my first birthday (I was such a blessing, that my parents couldn't contain themselves and wanted another right away! ;-) ). He passed away the next day on my first birthday that February. The year was 1969. My mother was still in bed recovering and my father had to bury/make arrangements for my brother. It still tears (both meanings) him up to this day. They didn't even have a coffin small enough... Just a foam box. He is buried w/my grandfather who passed away just before that Christmas. My father almost killed the smug doctor in the hall when he saw him. That is another story. @ birth my brother was born blue... He asked the pediatrician (the doctor he almost killed) if that was okay. The ped said: "Ah, that's normal... Baby's are sometimes born blue." Huh? My brother had Hyaline Membrane (infant respiratory distress). Here my father was, wife in the hosipital had a 5 year old (my sister), a 4 year old (brother), and me @ one... And now he is burying his newborn all alone. IMO, it led to a lot of my father's issues (especially drinking, why I am so hard on it as an excuse) in years to follow.

Anyway... It is tough... Your friends will carry it for the rest of his life. Wish them the best and all the strength to carry on.

Adding a bit of levity... Notice, the age gaps in my family... Seemed like mom & dad were quick workers. Having children in bursts... LoL...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

drowning is too peaceful.

Have you ever drown?  Have you known anybody who drowned and came back?  Been struggling for air?  You think?  That may be the point Tom is trying to convey.  I work with a retired Navy diver (I think he was in construction... He talks about his time especially in Groton, CT).  He claims drowning really isn't that peaceful.  I take it he may have had some close calls (that's another story) while diving for the Navy.

Well anyway... I killed a mouse in classic trap @ work.  It was still struggling so I threw the whole trap in a 5 gallon pail of water... Thinking what you thought in your post.  My co-worker (diver) went off on me!  LoL... He said it would have been better to beat the poor little mouse with a stick than let it drown. "Huh?": I said.  I said: "Drowning is peaceful."  He asked me if I have come close to drowning.  I guess I couldn't argue w/him.  Oh, well... The mouse eventually died.  I used a big screwdriver and latex gloves to extract it from the trap and dumped the whole bucket of water, mouse and all, into the lock chamber... Viking funeral!... W/out the burn.   Hoping a big fish would come along and take him gracefully... LoL.

Well she figured hey, abortion is legal, so why not?

What a stupid argument... You gotta be joking. Abortion in this situation is very much illegal (UK).

Why was she a registered medical practitioner? Did two registered medical practitioners come to the same opinion, in good faith... Was the baby beyond 24 weeks old? Because here is the law in the UK:

"...Subject to the provisions of this section, a person shall not be guilty of an offence under the law relating to abortion when a pregnancy is terminated by a registered medical practitioner if two registered medical practitioners are of the opinion, formed in good faith -

(a) that the pregnancy has not exceeded its twenty-fourth week and that the continuance of the pregnancy would involve risk, greater than if the pregnancy were terminated, of injury to the physical or mental health of the pregnant woman or any existing children of her family; or

(b) that the termination of the pregnancy is necessary to prevent grave permanent injury to the physical or mental health of the pregnant woman; or

(c ) that the continuance of the pregnancy would involve risk to the life of the pregnant woman, greater than if the pregnancy were terminated

(d) that there is a substantial risk that if the child were born it would suffer from such physical or mental abnormalities as to be seriously handicapped..."

What a stupid argument... You gotta be joking. Abortion in this situation is very much illegal (UK).

Why was she a registered medical practitioner? Did two registered medical practitioners come to the same opinion, in good faith... Was the baby beyond 24 weeks old? Because here is the law in the UK:

"...Subject to the provisions of this section, a person shall not be guilty of an offence under the law relating to abortion when a pregnancy is terminated by a registered medical practitioner if two registered medical practitioners are of the opinion, formed in good faith -

(a) that the pregnancy has not exceeded its twenty-fourth week and that the continuance of the pregnancy would involve risk, greater than if the pregnancy were terminated, of injury to the physical or mental health of the pregnant woman or any existing children of her family; or

(b) that the termination of the pregnancy is necessary to prevent grave permanent injury to the physical or mental health of the pregnant woman; or

(c ) that the continuance of the pregnancy would involve risk to the life of the pregnant woman, greater than if the pregnancy were terminated

(d) that there is a substantial risk that if the child were born it would suffer from such physical or mental abnormalities as to be seriously handicapped..."

Well, we're in America here. So shut up.