Spiller Update

Luvbills

He is off to handle personal situation with his grandfather, 'indefinitely', according to NFL.com.

wow, Tuel and Freddy better come ready to play, if CJ is not there

Edited by Beerball

Family comes first. I hope his family situation is resolved soon and in a manner which brings peace of mind to his family.

And just goes to show how different is Marrone compared to an Andy Reid...Reid chose to go back to the football field coaching when his son passed away, a son who never got the time from his father who was busy coaching a professional team. Marrone understands what it means to have a life and fittingly speaks the same terminology to his players...Kudos to Doug!

And just goes to show how different is Marrone compared to an Andy Reid...Reid chose to go back to the football field coaching when his son passed away, a son who never got the time from his father who was busy coaching a professional team. Marrone understands what it means to have a life and fittingly speaks the same terminology to his players...Kudos to Doug!

Everyone deals with death in there own way. There is no right or wrong way.

Everyone deals with death in there own way. There is no right or wrong way.

I understand..However when your family is grieving and needs your support (When you are the head of the family) you don't run away to a football field.

as opposed to a son who never saw his father because he was working a long haul truck or mining or construction? Reid's kid almost certainly had depression or some other mental illness but in any event, not seeing your dad who provided everything else in spades, is slim excuse to off yourself. not to minimize his sad death, and Westside is right, some can deal with grief by throwing themselves into their work.

He is off to handle personal situation with his grandfather, 'indefinitely', according to NFL.com.

wow, Tuel and Freddy better come ready to play, if CJ is not there

He wasn't going to play much Thursday night anyway. No way he misses the opener if he is healthy. Nothing to see here.

He wasn't going to play much Thursday night anyway. No way he misses the opener if he is healthy. Nothing to see here.

so long as indefinitely does not extend into the second week of September, you are right,

so long as indefinitely does not extend into the second week of September, you are right,

Unless I put my tin foil hat on and think that his knee injury is worse than reported and he will miss the first few games and Marrone is just messing with BellyCheat ;)

CJ is doing the right thing and the only thing he could do. I am not sure what he would do if this occured during the regular season, but it didn't, and from a football perspective I am glad he won't be on the field Thursday. I also like how Marrone handled it - told him to go home and to let them know if he needed anything.