Did Marrone tip his hand that Brad Smith is safely on the team?

Big Turk

I don't think they can just cut Kolb if he has football related injury. Would have to go to IR or work out a deal with him. Or wait until he is healthy, then cut him.

Two problems here- One, Kolb doesn't have a "football" related injury. It's a "Kolb" related injury. Not concussion-like symptoms, bit Kolb-like symptoms. And two, for the Bills to wait for Kolb to get healthy will be a never-ending process- it could extend for the rest of our lifetimes. We're kind of stuck with this guy- he's a bad penny.

Two problems here- One, Kolb doesn't have a "football" related injury. It's a "Kolb" related injury. Not concussion-like symptoms, bit Kolb-like symptoms. And two, for the Bills to wait for Kolb to get healthy will be a never-ending process- it could extend for the rest of our lifetimes. We're kind of stuck with this guy- he's a bad penny.

Being stuck with him was the point I was making. They can't just cut him because he got injured in a game and isn't healthy enough to play. They would have to IR him or list him as inactive. But they can't just cut him now unless he passes a bunch of medical tests

It can do no harm...But it's pretty much established what Brad Smith can do as an NFL QB...

Just saying... B-)

Throw horrible INTs on trick plays that are so far away from our receivers that it appeared he was throwing to the opposition intentionally?

It can do no harm...But it's pretty much established what Brad Smith can do as an NFL QB...

Just saying... B-)

that not entirely true.

Brad Smith in at QB could do a ton of harm. He could lead any one of our young receivers over the middle with a wild throw (at best) and lead the receiver right into a young hard hitting safety that's showing everything he's got just to make the team. Absolutely murders Goodwin, Graham, Hogan, Kaufman, Easley, or Rogers. Next thing we know, they are getting carted off the field all because Brad Smith threw a ball that Calvin Johnson with a ladder couldn't catch.

There you have it. One way Brad Smith could cause harm. Or how bout an interception, and Freddy tries to catch the defender and breaks another leg tackling him. Then were down to just CJ for the whole year.

Plenty of things could go wrong. I don't want Brad Smith in this league anymore let alone on this team.

Yes, im a BS hater. He didnt sleep with my mother, rape my fiancé, date my sister, or steal money from me. I just have something against players with absolutely no skill or worth making millions of dollars a year for what some guy off the street could do for 15 bucks.

Edited by mrags

I kind of felt like Marrone was giving Smith one more really good look, and probably will keep Hogan and Easley, going with 7 receivers on the roster. My guess is that one of the 2 I mentioned will play more on special teams.

Hogan has played well on ST so far. Nice to see a WR that's not scared to stick his nose in there and make a tackle.

Well, there's that. Plus the fact that he almost took a knee on a kickoff 2 yards deep in the EZ. He smartly powered out to the 17 yard line. Other than taking one to the house last year. He is buried in the depth chart for even that ST role.

Look Smith may have a roll in the NFL, but the Bills with 2 separate coaches have yet to figure it out. A QB? man that would be brutal.

Three seasons ago, Brad Smith burned the Bills twice while playing for the Jets when the WILDCAT was still a glamour thing. Somehow, it became a fantasy of this front office to get him in FA. Now in his 3rd season with the Bills, he is yet to really be part of any wild cat package and the NFL itself has moved on from the wildcat stuff to the Read option...Now the Bills are foolishly trying to hold on to him in the hope of making something out of nothing. The Bills might be better on the upside to keep Kaufman or Da'rick Rogers on the roster.