Did Marrone tip his hand that Brad Smith is safely on the team?

Big Turk

In last night's interview postgame, he said

"We had a plan going into the season. Obviously, [wide receiver] Brad [smith] is part of those plans, as well as [running back] Fred Jackson "

So does this basically mean that Brad is on the team?

If so now that likely leaves only one spot for the last WR spot...who is it?

I think that is all for this week only. If EJ comes back next week, that gives them two of three qbs healthy again. Kolb, he might be back soon or in another month. But if EJ gets better by next week, they will have 2 healthy qbs again. All this stuff about emergency qbs is for this week only. At least that is my thought

In last night's interview postgame, he said

"We had a plan going into the season. Obviously, [wide receiver] Brad [smith] is part of those plans, as well as [running back] Fred Jackson "

So does this basically mean that Brad is on the team?

If so now that likely leaves only one spot for the last WR spot...who is it?

I don't read that out of it at all. It seemed pretty obvious that Marrone was talking about their plan for THAT GAME after Kolb got hurt. Once the Bills pick up another QB Smith will be in as much trouble as ever, since there could be one less roster spot if Kolb remains on the roster.

Brad Smith knows the plays as a WR, lets see what he can do at qb. He's ok on ST, but would not keep him as a WR over our other prospects. What harm could he do in practice or 4th preseason game.

It can do no harm...But it's pretty much established what Brad Smith can do as an NFL QB...

Just saying... B-)

Don't even insinuate that there's a possibility of Smith making the team. You don't want to incite the pitchfork crowd here that want to run Smith out of town on a rail (after he's tarred and feathered of course). It's as if Brad Smith insulted their wives, slept with their mothers, then stole money from them. Brad Smith is the root of all evil on TSW!

Don't even insinuate that there's a possibility of Smith making the team. You don't want to incite the pitchfork crowd here that want to run Smith out of town on a rail (after he's tarred and feathered of course). It's as if Brad Smith insulted their wives, slept with their mothers, then stole money from them. Brad Smith is the root of all evil on TSW!

Well, there's that. Plus the fact that he almost took a knee on a kickoff 2 yards deep in the EZ. He smartly powered out to the 17 yard line. Other than taking one to the house last year. He is buried in the depth chart for even that ST role.

Look Smith may have a roll in the NFL, but the Bills with 2 separate coaches have yet to figure it out. A QB? man that would be brutal.

Brad could just fill in till the final cut down, when we could pick up a more viable backup qb. I can't imagine Leinart being ready to play Thursday's game.

Edited by independent

I might be okay with this if there was any indication at all Brad could throw the ball at an NFL level, or if he had taken any snaps at QB this year.

And let ,me clarify: I'd be fine for Thursday if our plan was to have Tuel play the full game and Brad Smith come in and hand off if he gets hurt, SO LONG as the team is pretty sure we'll have 2 active QBs week 1 against the Pats.

Brad Smith:

worst QB on team

worst WR on team

worst RB on team

worst KR on team

+100

Hell, with those credentials, they can sign me to a minimum contract.. pretty sure I can fill all four of those roles for FAR less money than Brad's making.

Edited by Quester74

I think that is all for this week only. If EJ comes back next week, that gives them two of three qbs healthy again. Kolb, he might be back soon or in another month. But if EJ gets better by next week, they will have 2 healthy qbs again. All this stuff about emergency qbs is for this week only. At least that is my thought

I think they cut Kolb if they sign Lienart.