welfare versus minimum wage

what the hell are you talking about? can you not even stay on point from one sentence to the next? c'mon....trolls are supposed to be more fun than this. you can't even do that well.

LOL, I'm right on point, seems you are having trouble following along because you just don't understand simple economic principles. That's not my fault

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, I'm right on point, seems you are having trouble following along because you just don't understand simple economic principles. That's not my fault

didn't you used to go by the name 'combo'? you were more entertaining in those days.

Simple economic principles like "a healthy economy requires poor people to buy ****" and "the government creates demand for food?"

You are well and truly whacked.

Simple economic principles like "a healthy economy requires poor people to buy ****" and "the government creates demand for food?"

You are well and truly whacked.

Just telling the truth and you ideologues can't handle it. "Does not Conservo-Compute...bzzt" You guys are so far right that you can't see over your biases

Graveyard is 3rd shift. Midnight for us.

I want my $.10 of taxpayer money wasted while you posted while on my payroll. :lol:

No, two thirds of economic activity is consumer spending and if the wealthy have all the money cars, refrigerators, computers, Iphones etc. will not be bought and all the people that make, sell, deliver and finance those buys will lose their jobs. Rich people don't buy ten iphones!

Right on schedule! :w00t:

Yes, definition of consumer spending does exist on the internet :rolleyes:

http://en.wikipedia....nsumer_spending

That's.... that's not what we're talking about... thought I'm not surprised you don't understand that.

You've differentiated a small subset of consumer spending, stating that it's essential to the economy, IE. poor people spending all of their money on consumable goods and services is central to a healthy economy. Then you backed that up by stating the the government creates the demand for food.

Please source this.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

When consumers stop spending, doesn't everybody cry? What's the message, save or spend? Of course it is a little bit of both. Didn't Obama catch flak early on for his Vegas comment? Boy did the Chamber of Commerce in Vegas hate on Obama for what he said about "blowing money in Vegas." Consumers really get sent a mixed message. What I am saying is that I just can't see how the economy can sustain itself without the free spenders that rack up the debt. If every consumer played it close to the vest, wouldn't we be in a world of hurt? Somebody would be crying that they weren't making money. IMO, I see a very parasitic system that sends mixed messages and sets many people up to fail. Just saying.

When consumers stop spending, doesn't everybody cry? What's the message, save or spend? Of course it is a little bit of both. Didn't Obama catch flak early on for his Vegas comment? Boy did the Chamber of Commerce in Vegas hate on Obama for what he said about "blowing money in Vegas." Consumers really get sent a mixed message. What I am saying is that I just can't see how the economy can sustain itself without the free spenders that rack up the debt. If every consumer played it close to the vest, wouldn't we be in a world of hurt? Somebody would be crying that they weren't making money. IMO, I see a very parasitic system that sends mixed messages and sets many people up to fail. Just saying.

Which is a failure of Keynesian monetary policy. Spending in the now decreases savings, and leads to a decrease in future spending. Wealth cannot be physically unlimited in a world of finite resources.

So you're saying that the best way to fuel the economy is for consumers to go into debt? Wow!

So you're saying that the best way to fuel the economy is for consumers to go into debt? Wow!

Heck no.

Which is a failure of Keynesian monetary policy. Spending in the now decreases savings, and leads to a decrease in future spending. Wealth cannot be physically unlimited in a world of finite resources.

So, there going to be pain in the here and now for the sake of a better future. ??

my friend who owns a car dealership gets the squirts when the average of of a car on the road goes up, curently between 10-11 years. He can't survive on not selling vehicles, he relies on people buying cars they don't need....

The current American Economy is all about cosumser spending, just refer to Black friday and the ongoing reports of Holiday Sales for basic evidence. IMHO, your economy runs in two ways, one being you produce stuff and sell it to others, meaning in export trade and you do more export than import.... or two, you have a populace that busy stuff, alot of it, and you tend to import more rather than export.

We're a cosumer economy, I don't know if that is good or bad. There is those who spend almsot ever dime they get, there is a tiny minority that saves, invests and grow wealth...

But as real incomes trend down, what other choice does the country have? Almost everything is run by Cheap Debt, Housing, Cars, Schooling, heck even purchses like TV's nowadays.

I guess we could make it insanely cheap to do do business here so business come back and produce more here like they did 30 years ago, but are we really even going to be cost competitive with third world and developing countries?

Then what exactly were you saying??

When you said "fueling" I associated that with growing, not sustaining... The you mixed in "best way". I really don't know what the best way to sustain this economy is. I honest think that the economy needs to be throttled back with people saving. Take one step back to take two steps forward.

It has to happen, and will at some point.

I am all for it now than for it @ a later point.

my friend who owns a car dealership gets the squirts when the average of of a car on the road goes up, curently between 10-11 years. He can't survive on not selling vehicles, he relies on people buying cars they don't need....

The current American Economy is all about cosumser spending, just refer to Black friday and the ongoing reports of Holiday Sales for basic evidence. IMHO, your economy runs in two ways, one being you produce stuff and sell it to others, meaning in export trade and you do more export than import.... or two, you have a populace that busy stuff, alot of it, and you tend to import more rather than export.

We're a cosumer economy, I don't know if that is good or bad. There is those who spend almsot ever dime they get, there is a tiny minority that saves, invests and grow wealth...

But as real incomes trend down, what other choice does the country have? Almost everything is run by Cheap Debt, Housing, Cars, Schooling, heck even purchses like TV's nowadays.

I guess we could make it insanely cheap to do do business here so business come back and produce more here like they did 30 years ago, but are we really even going to be cost competitive with third world and developing countries?

So true... I agree.

I am breaking your friend's heart... My cars are going on 7 years strong. Good thing for him is that I MAY need a third car since my son will be driving soon. ;-) Actually, we will be better off if we do without.

The whole consumer economy and the message that is sent reminds me of the Steven Wright joke where he names his dog: "Stay." ;-)

When you said "fueling" I associated that with growing, not sustaining... The you mixed in "best way". I really don't know what the best way to sustain this economy is. I honest think that the economy needs to be throttled back with people saving. Take one step back to take two steps forward.

I am all for it now than for it @ a later point.

So true... I agree.

I am breaking your friend's heart... My cars are going on 7 years strong. Good thing for him is that I MAY need a third car since my son will be driving soon. ;-) Actually, we will be better off if we do without.

The whole consumer economy and the message that is sent reminds me of the Steven Wright joke where he names his dog: "Stay." ;-)

lol, mine is going on 12, my wife's 11.... he always bsuting my stones about selling my piece of **** Honda and getting into a real car... a Chevy.... I ask him didn't we just bail you out a few years ago... and then it spirals down from there....