welfare versus minimum wage

so, you're ok with subsidizing the 10-20% bottom of the curve that will never likely qualify for higher skilled and paying jobs into perpetuity? clear. just so we both understand, sans obamaphones, you don't and won't resent or denigrate that group for accepting such assistance, right?

How the !@#$ do you get THAT from what he posted?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alternatively, might it be that "those few families" were thrust into poverty because "market forces" did not provide for a living wage for their working parents? do you really buy the bs you're spreading?

It's because they lacked education and skills, most being first generation immigrants; and they were getting along just fine, laying the foundation for successive generations until some empty headed, big government do-gooder came along and insisted that the food be ripped off of their plates. Market forces were providing for those families just fine. It was short sighted regulation that "heroically" starved them.

That's correct, you will never see a Conservative admit the truth that welfare creates jobs through consumer spending

It might. It also creates debt and dependency. As long as there is an endless pot of money and we can continue to print and borrow and have no regard for our debt then it's a terrific idea to give people who want more whatever they desire. Heck, I don't see why we don't ratchet up the borrowing by 50x and really get this economy humming. Show the world how it's done.

so, you're ok with subsidizing the 10-20% bottom of the curve that will never likely qualify for higher skilled and paying jobs into perpetuity? clear. just so we both understand, sans obamaphones, you don't and won't resent or denigrate that group for accepting such assistance, right?

I reserve the right to resent and denigrate everyone.

I also support policies which foster economic growth and I fundamentally reject your "new normal" as a fact of life.