Byrd signed tender [update: may still want to be traded]

BRAWNDO

i'm looking for the Byrd signed his tender thread.....

You're right. This thread is far off course and its due to me. I apologize.

If anyone wants to further discuss pain among NFL players, id be happy to discuss in private message. But I won't be responding to any thing more on that front in this thread as to not derail it any further.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If nothing else, I found the articles interesting and relevant. The thread got pretty derailed, but you shared good content.

Still have to loop back to tuel, maybe some Rogers, a couple Damond jokes, and then we can get back to arguing about made up trade demands and how byrds still a jerk and not ready to play week 1

If only the guy would tint his windows.

You're right. This thread is far off course and its due to me. I apologize.

If anyone wants to further discuss pain among NFL players, id be happy to discuss in private message. But I won't be responding to any thing more on that front in this thread as to not derail it any further.

The Byrd and Keller thread would be a good place to take up the discussion of injuries and dealing with them post-career--------> http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/160497-dustin-keller-jairus-byrd/

Nice, so apparently Byrd is open to being traded. Still a lot of bad blood apparently, though not that surprising. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000232635/article/jairus-byrd-open-to-being-traded-by-buffalo-bills

Wouldn't the development be that he refused trade under any circumstance? That an unnamed source says he might be open to a trade with the right conditions is hardly earth breaking or unexpected. I'd guess we have about 80 guys that'd say the same behind closed doors.

Edited by NoSaint

Nice, so apparently Byrd is open to being traded. Still a lot of bad blood apparently, though not that surprising. http://www.nfl.com/n...y-buffalo-bills

:wallbash::doh:

Apparently "a person informed of Byrd's thinking" thinks he's open to it. There is also a question mark on that headline. Because page views. This kind of stuff is great cause for the existence of the Peter Pan link. It reminds us how freaking susceptible we are to clickbait.

I'll be very surprised if Byrd isn't on the field in week 1. Pettine should kick the ass of whoever is responsible if that ends up being the case.

Wouldn't the development be that he refused trade under any circumstance? That an unnamed source says he might be open to a trade with the right conditions is hardly earth breaking or unexpected. I'd guess we have about 80 guys that'd say the same behind closed doors.

Don't disagree, however for this to be "leaked" not even 24 hours after signing is certainly tasteless to say the least. I mean, you signed now and you're not happy. we get it. Just get to business now and let the rest play out behind those closed doors.

Nice, so apparently Byrd is open to being traded. Still a lot of bad blood apparently, though not that surprising. http://www.nfl.com/n...y-buffalo-bills

Trouble with this rumor is Byrd hasn't said anything. It just has zero legs and started by a tool who has no inside word from Byrd, or the Bills.

Bad blood would have been signing just prior to week 10 just to get the year vested.

Edited by Best Player Available

Don't disagree, however for this to be "leaked" not even 24 hours after signing is certainly tasteless to say the least. I mean, you signed now and you're not happy. we get it. Just get to business now and let the rest play out behind those closed doors.

It could be his third cousin twice removed that hasn't spoken to him in years. Or totally made up and people poorly sourcing each others twitter posts. It's not like Byrd rolled into camp with a "can I get a trade" Tshirt, or a dolphins cap

Not accusing Rapoport as such, as he seems fairly legit on Twitter, but there are reporters in this field who gin up stories all the time -- with all due respect to the good guys. And there are agents and players and even scouts and reps from other teams that feed these guys info. A quick read of Jon Morosi in baseball is a pretty good indicator of how some of these guys operate. Rumors generate page views, which generates traffic which helps revenue and establishes interest in the reporter.

Or, think about it another way (one which casts Rapoport purely as messenger). What if team X wants Byrd in trade? What if Team X lets slip to Rapoport that they (in truth) had trade conversations regarding Byrd. What if the Bills told Team X to buzz off? What if that team then feeds a guy like Rapoport info that Byrd really wants out, in hopes of increasing public pressure on the Bills to deal?

It could be his third cousin twice removed that hasn't spoken to him in years. Or totally made up and people poorly sourcing each others twitter posts. It's not like Byrd rolled into camp with a "can I get a trade" Tshirt, or a dolphins cap

Sure. on the other hand, it could be his agent who, as his representative, is dropping these hints as an unnamed source, to get the point across to Bills mgmt. that although he's signed his tender, its not all peachy keen. We can speculate one way or the other, but my gut feeling is that after this prolonged standoff, Byrd certainly feels he should be paid as the top safety and is not letting this issue die completely.

Not accusing Rapoport as such, as he seems fairly legit on Twitter, but there are reporters in this field who gin up stories all the time -- with all due respect to the good guys. And there are agents and players and even scouts and reps from other teams that feed these guys info. A quick read of Jon Morosi in baseball is a pretty good indicator of how some of these guys operate. Rumors generate page views, which generates traffic which helps revenue and establishes interest in the reporter.

Or, think about it another way (one which casts Rapoport purely as messenger). What if team X wants Byrd in trade? What if Team X lets slip to Rapoport that they (in truth) had trade conversations regarding Byrd. What if the Bills told Team X to buzz off? What if that team then feeds a guy like Rapoport info that Byrd really wants out, in hopes of increasing public pressure on the Bills to deal?

Absolutely. anything is possible. Just disappointing that now that he's finally signed, you still have to hear crap about his not being happy. Whether its made up, speculated, leaked or stated by the man himself, its annoying that the issue still lingers to a certain degree.

Trouble with this rumor is Byrd hasn't said anything. It just has zero legs and started by a tool who has no inside word from Byrd, or the Bills.

Bad blood would have been signing just prior to week 10 just to get the year vested.

Is the tool Tim Graham? He's been having twitter fights all day since he was "thinking out loud" this morning what if Byrd comes in and demands a trade.

i'm looking for the Byrd signed his tender thread.....

LOL

:wallbash::doh:

Apparently "a person informed of Byrd's thinking" thinks he's open to it. There is also a question mark on that headline. Because page views. This kind of stuff is great cause for the existence of the Peter Pan link. It reminds us how freaking susceptible we are to clickbait.

I'll be very surprised if Byrd isn't on the field in week 1. Pettine should kick the ass of whoever is responsible if that ends up being the case.

You're right. It is click bait.

But that doesn't automatically mean its false.

You're right. It is click bait.

But that doesn't automatically mean its false.

It's not explicitly false, but it's very unsubstantiated.

In our newsroom if you don't have three sources to corroborate something, you don't run it.

In sports talk and reporting, you see that rule violated all the time.

It's not explicitly false, but it's very unsubstantiated.

In our newsroom if you don't have three sources to corroborate something, you don't run it.

In sports talk and reporting, you see that rule violated all the time.

Sources are optional for the Buffalo News.

From that article:

"The expectation is that it will take several weeks for Byrd to get in playing shape."

I wouldn't trade Byrd for that alleged Chargers deal of a 2nd and 5th and 6th or whatever it was. No way in hadees.

As far as it taking several weeks for Byrd to be ready, the Patsies game is 2 1/2 weeks away. That would classify as several weeks I'd think.

Watch the video on this page and then tell me this is a guy we should let sit to teach a lesson. Or a guy that won't be ready to play September 8th or that you wouldn't want to play that game for any reason.

Edited by reddogblitz