SU Hoops 2013-2014 edition...

bills44

Gotta call it both ways. Parker trucked Gbineje but got the superstar call that they didn't give cj fair.

Coulda had a second classic finish between these 2.

Gotta call it consistently. The blocking foul on Gbinije moments earlier was identical to the charge call on Fair at the end. Hood was still moving, his feet were not set, and Fair was moving upward and to the left to avoid the contact.

It should have been Fair at the line with the chance to go up 1 with 10 seconds left. Even if Boeheim didn't get T'd, Syracuse would be down 2 with Duke going to the line. Complete crap, and I support Boeheim's actions. As a head coach you need to show your players some fire every once in a while. This was the right time.

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phew! A win is a win no matter how ugly. I hope Grant is okay for the Virginia game. Having only 6 guys Boehiem will actually play will kill us. If Grant was in, I think we win tonight going away. He's the guy who keeps them honest around the rim.

P.s. I'm exhausted after watching this game.

Phew! A win is a win no matter how ugly. I hope Grant is okay for the Virginia game. Having only 6 guys Boehiem will actually play will kill us. If Grant was in, I think we win tonight going away. He's the guy who keeps them honest around the rim.

P.s. I'm exhausted after watching this game.

I agree. These are stressful games. I would have been ticked if we lost because Maryland pretty much is terrible.

The officiating was bizarre tonight, by the way. MD went to the line 30 times, and we had 4 FTs? All those Christmas offensive fouls when that 300 pound dude was all over his back. Just head scratching.

But you're right-- totally different game if Grant is in there.

Ennis was awesome. Cooney continues to frustrate.

I agree. These are stressful games. I would have been ticked if we lost because Maryland pretty much is terrible.

The officiating was bizarre tonight, by the way. MD went to the line 30 times, and we had 4 FTs? All those Christmas offensive fouls when that 300 pound dude was all over his back. Just head scratching.

But you're right-- totally different game if Grant is in there.

Ennis was awesome. Cooney continues to frustrate.

Agree on all points. I understand them getting to the free throw line more because they went to the rim more, but it's the size of the discrepancy that is disturbing.

Christmas couldn't breathe on someone without catching a foul.

Ennis is the man. I like that he has been finding his own offense a lot more the past couple games, even if he had the tough shooting night against Duke. The tempered aggression is good. His hesitation move to get to the rim is just pretty to watch.

I hold out hope that if a Cooney keeps chugging along it'll come together for him. Thankfully, he's a good and active defender.

I hold out hope that if a Cooney keeps chugging along it'll come together for him. Thankfully, he's a good and active defender.

I think we need to just hope that he gets hot at the right time-- i.e., tourney time.

If Ennis and him play well, we are a top-5 team. When they play poorly, it is a grind-- e.g., BC and Duke games.

Cooney seems to be rushing the shot or his form looks off just to get the shot off, on the last shot that was a fade away it was more natural he did not think about it. I like Ennis looking for his shot more in this game he needs to gain confidence in his jumper. any word on Grant yet?

Cooney seems to be rushing the shot or his form looks off just to get the shot off, on the last shot that was a fade away it was more natural he did not think about it. I like Ennis looking for his shot more in this game he needs to gain confidence in his jumper. any word on Grant yet?

He's expected to be able to go on Saturday. Boeheim said he'll be spending a lot of time in the whirlpool this week.

that would be awesome...maybe he stays to become a better everyday scorer...there is a great bleacher report story on ennis by a writer named cj moore, we can't link bleacher report here so go look for it..it's a very good look into ennis and how he approaches the game

https://twitter.com/...098412156608512

Interesting Tweet from Alex Kennedy (Editor Writer for Basketball Insiders) regarding Ennis' possibility of staying another year at SU.

I hope Ennis continues his recent trend of looking for his own offense more, especially if Grant can't go or is limited. It would also be a great time for Cooney to break out of his slump.

Let's go Cuse!