EJ hurt knee according to BB.com

Anyone else think that this is a strategic move by the coaching staff? It is strange that Marrone didn't name Kolb the week 1 starter. I'm not necessarily saying that the team is making up a fake injury, but maybe it isn't serious at all and the organization made the decision to shut him down in the preseason. The organization could have said we know what he have in Manuel and lets work with him behind closed doors. I mention this for several reasons:

1. EJ is clearly a better option then Kolb so EJ is our week 1 starter

2. We play N.E. week one, against one of the best gameplanners in NFL history, lets not give the Pats any more tape on this guy

3. Lets see if its worth keeping Kolb around or Tuel has what it takes in this league to be a viable backup

4. Along the lines of 2, our offense looks terrible with Kolb in there, lets have N.E. think its just the same old Bills (Im not saying we aren't yet!)

That's just my 2 cents. Maybe we actually have a coach now that can compete strategically with the best organizations in the NFL in stategy and game planning. Let's hope

I cannot put my finger on it, but the announcement seems out of the blue, so I am hesitant to trust it, or am, at the very least having trouble defending it. I generally always thought the smoke screen talk about or Bills for the past few years where reaches. Buddy and Co. where always honest, which I liked. This coaching staff and FO is much different, which I also like for different reasons. They play everything close to the vest, and give us no real information. I want to say there is something else at play here.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else think that this is a strategic move by the coaching staff? It is strange that Marrone didn't name Kolb the week 1 starter. I'm not necessarily saying that the team is making up a fake injury, but maybe it isn't serious at all and the organization made the decision to shut him down in the preseason. The organization could have said we know what he have in Manuel and lets work with him behind closed doors. I mention this for several reasons:

1. EJ is clearly a better option then Kolb so EJ is our week 1 starter

2. We play N.E. week one, against one of the best gameplanners in NFL history, lets not give the Pats any more tape on this guy

3. Lets see if its worth keeping Kolb around or Tuel has what it takes in this league to be a viable backup

4. Along the lines of 2, our offense looks terrible with Kolb in there, lets have N.E. think its just the same old Bills (Im not saying we aren't yet!)

That's just my 2 cents. Maybe we actually have a coach now that can compete strategically with the best organizations in the NFL in stategy and game planning. Let's hope

lol, that's ridiculous. Regardless of the Week 1 final score, the Patriots already win if our organization has to resort to these tactics. And really? Give up 2 weeks of crucial reps and development time for EJ and gaining familiarity with receivers? For what gains? It'd be like selling your soul to get a 1-foot head start in a marathon run.

Gotta be F'n kiding me. Any Docs on this board that can help ease our worries?

A poster on the shout box said that he had the procedure. Felt good 2 weeks later but was bothered for an entire month.

Funny the kolb curse is spreading. Actually not funny... Scary

I bet you Kevin has a Kolb that he made to look like a doll. He's poking the knee right now.

Is this wrong?

Why did my dad raise me to be a bills fan...

Keep on keeping on I guess. With the way Kolb handled his final two drives last night it gives at least a glimmer of hope about his competence. Second string vikes are gonna be far different than first string pats tho...

lol, that's ridiculous. Regardless of the Week 1 final score, the Patriots already win if our organization has to resort to these tactics. And really? Give up 2 weeks of crucial reps and development time for EJ and gaining familiarity with receivers? For what gains? It'd be like selling your soul to get a 1-foot head start in a marathon run.

he may not get any reps this week. i bet he gets some next week. he is not out of practice

A poster on the shout box said that he had the procedure. Felt good 2 weeks later but was bothered for an entire month.

I bet you Kevin has a Kolb that he made to look like a doll. He's poking the knee right now.

Is this wrong?

Exactly what is the procedure?

I dont think it is that ridiculous when you also consider the fact that our defense is playing so well. Going against our 1's in practice will keep Manuel sharp and in sync with the recievers. I dont think this injury is as big a deal as many are making it seem