Leslie Frazier upset at Bills coaches

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry teams around the NFL, but we're trying to destroy a culture of losing around here. If that means going all out in the preseason, so be it. We have to learn how to win. We have to love winning. We need to create a new identity in this league. Let people know we ain't messing around anymore. We're preparing for battle and the best way to do that is to practice like real bullets are flying. So, sorry, Frazier, we had to pummel your team into the ground. Deal with it.

Going for 2 is simply putting your guys in an extra situation to try and keep the score at an interval that won't tie.

That doesn't hold water. If you want to win the game - get the "sure" point and then go for the onside kick. By missing the 2 they effectively lost the game right there. I've seen plenty of preseason games go into OT. Think of it as practice for the real season. It's what would be done there 99% of the time. JMHO.

I think blitzing is exactly what ya have to do with Marcia.

Historically that's not true, though. Usually it's the team that can get pressure rushing 4, especially up the middle, that gives him the most problems. Brady has insane numbers against the blitz usually.

That said, I'm still optimistic the Bills D can disrupt the Patriots O this season.

1) NE obviously lost a lot of receiving talent

2) Pettine is a smart coordinator who has plenty of experience playing Brady. It's not like he's going to blitz 80% of the time. He'll mix it up.

3) The Bills on paper do have D-line talent to get pressure rushing 4 and get in his Brady's face up the middle

There's talk about all the blitzing in preseason on Sirius right now; it's becoming how it's done. Welcome to 2013, Vikings. If I were a Vikings fan it would scare the crap out of me that they're not ready for blitzing Ds - the season is like 3 weeks away...

Ross Tucker just tweeted "Mike. Pettine. MT: @NFL_ATL: Christian Ponder: 'Exotic' Bills defense 'hard for us to identify'"

Better do some homework!

It is becoming more common but many teams still focus on scouting their own roster more than their opponents at this crossroads. It's amazing how much attention the comment is getting.

That doesn't hold water. If you want to win the game - get the "sure" point and then go for the onside kick. By missing the 2 they effectively lost the game right there. I've seen plenty of preseason games go into OT. Think of it as practice for the real season. It's what would be done there 99% of the time. JMHO.

Coaches avoid overtime like the plague in preseason. He went for two because it was a "why the heck not" situation. His players got to run another goal line play, and he got to avoid OT no matter what.

Edited by NoSaint

frustrated his team looked sloppy again and is starting to realize wow Ponder can't do it, hoping Cassel can. Seems like a good dude but after back to back 3-13 seasons they jumped to 10-6 more a product of their schedule, I think they will struggle again this year they haven't arrived.

Historically that's not true, though. Usually it's the team that can get pressure rushing 4, especially up the middle, that gives him the most problems. Brady has insane numbers against the blitz usually.

That said, I'm still optimistic the Bills D can disrupt the Patriots O this season.

1) NE obviously lost a lot of receiving talent

2) Pettine is a smart coordinator who has plenty of experience playing Brady. It's not like he's going to blitz 80% of the time. He'll mix it up.

3) The Bills on paper do have D-line talent to get pressure rushing 4 and get in his Brady's face up the middle

If they could manage pressure with four that would be a dream scenario.

Don't forget no welker and hopefully no gronk. Pretty boy lost his safety valves, who is he gonna dump it off to when the heat comes?

IMO they should throw the kitchen sink at him. Get the Ralph rockin. I can't wait for this game.

The Vikings are now 0-2 in the preseason.

To the "preseason is meaningless people," tell that to Leslie Frazier and Jim Irsay.

Do you think Chuck Pagano feels no pressure to beat the Giants tomorrow?

Do you think Chan Gailey didn't feel pressure after going 0-4 last year?

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Hey leslie quit being a puss. We didn't game plan AT ALL. We just ran our Base D...too bad that 'Vaunted' D line got its ass whipped. BTW that prized LT of yours sure got his ass handed to him last night didn't he? How about you actually find a QB instead of drafting one in the 1st that should have been drafted in the 3rd and bringing in a guy that you knew sucked?

Those are some really weak comments by Frazier basically saying he didn't gameplan so neither should the team they are playing

I actually was surprised how bills kept blitzing the colts last week but even if Vikings didn't gameplan they should hv known it was coming which makes his comments that much more pathetic

I think that's the pt Frazier is making .... they didn't watch previous tape, and therefore, didn't gameplan for what might happen based upon what the Bills did previously.

I suppose one could argue that they should have but, it seems, not many teams game-plans for an opponent in the pre-season.

Edited by Pneumonic

Pettine has been explicit about this. They are going to be an attacking (blitzing) defense, they have to practice that during the pre-season. That does not mean they are game-planning for anyone - this is their "normal" defense.

i think this is definitely the main thing we should point out. Just because we were blitzing doesn't mean we were game planning. There's a difference. Fraziers comments were stating things like "we were concentrating on what we have to do, not what the Buffalo Bills are doing" something like that.

Well, maybe we did game plan, maybe we didnt. But if we didnt at all, and we have looked this good over the past 2 weeks, then boy oh boy do I feel bad for Marcia Brady.

Hey leslie quit being a puss. We didn't game plan AT ALL. We just ran our Base D...too bad that 'Vaunted' D line got its ass whipped. BTW that prized LT of yours sure got his ass handed to him last night didn't he? How about you actually find a QB instead of drafting one in the 1st that should have been drafted in the 3rd and bringing in a guy that you knew sucked?

If memory serves, there was another team who was itching to take Ponder a little earlier than he should have gone... :ph34r:

i think this is definitely the main thing we should point out. Just because we were blitzing doesn't mean we were game planning. There's a difference. Fraziers comments were stating things like "we were concentrating on what we have to do, not what the Buffalo Bills are doing" something like that.

Well, maybe we did game plan, maybe we didnt. But if we didnt at all, and we have looked this good over the past 2 weeks, then boy oh boy do I feel bad for Marcia Brady.

I think the pt being missed here is that the Vikes didn't gameplan to counter the Bills blitzing; not that the Bills devised a game plan (ie heavy blitz packages) for the game.

I think the pt being missed here is that the Vikes didn't gameplan to counter the Bills blitzing; not that the Bills devised a game plan (ie heavy blitz packages) for the game.

Well-stated however IF Frazier didn't have the team watch tape of the Bills-Indy game and at least put some emphasis on how he knew the Bills would approach it, then he was borderline incompetent.

IF the Vikes didn't prepare for the Bills, Frazier essentially hung his team out to dry.

Why not use the Bills predictable approach to this game as an opportunity to stress protections?

I wonder how the Shanahans will approach next week's game?

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

If they could manage pressure with four that would be a dream scenario.

Don't forget no welker and hopefully no gronk. Pretty boy lost his safety valves, who is he gonna dump it off to when the heat comes?

IMO they should throw the kitchen sink at him. Get the Ralph rockin. I can't wait for this game.

Taking nothing away from Welker and Gronk as they are very talented, but let's not confuse the issue: Brady made them, not the other way around. So far this pre-season, Brady hasn't had any trouble finding other "safety valves." And if his running game continues on the same trajectory as last season, it won't matter much who his receivers are because he's gonna make you pay when you adjust.

So, like always, the key to slowing Brady down will be to make him as uncomfortable as possible. He is seldom stopped. Even in those games we cite as examples of him being stopped, like the Giants SBs, he wasn't really stopped, just slowed down a bit. He just as easily could have won those games.

GO BILLS!!!

Well-stated however IF Frazier didn't have the team watch tape of the Bills-Indy game and at least put some emphasis on how he knew the Bills would approach it, then he was borderline incompetent.

IF the Vikes didn't prepare for the Bills, Frazier essentially hung his team out to dry.

Why not use the Bills predictable approach to this game as an opportunity to stress protections?

I wonder how the Shanahans will approach next week's game?

I highly doubt any preparation (ie film watching of opponent) was done by either team for the game. There simply isn't any time, or need (according to Frazier) for that in pre-season.