Vikings vs. Bills on TV??

I don't consider NFLN a national TV network like I do a CBS or Fox or something like that. ESPN falls on the border of exceptable, because you can't usually pick it up with rabbit ears, in my opinion. Why would NFLN games be blacked out? That doesnt make sense to me.

You can argue with me but that is the fact. NFLN, ESPN, NBC, ABC, FOX, any game on a national network makes the game blacked out on NFL-PSL.

For Syracuse area viewers....

You won't be able to see the game live, but two replays will air on local television on Saturday.

Time Warner Cable Sports Channel (Ch.323) will re-air the game at 4 p.m. on Saturday.

WTVH-5 will also show the replay of Bills-Vikings at 8 p.m. on Saturday night.

It will be shown on local TV in Minneapolis but if you try to watch the game on NFL-PreSeason Live it will be blacked out there because they want you to watch it on TV.

Any game shown live on a national TV network (ESPN, NFLN, whatever) will be blacked out on NFL-PSL.

PTR

Ah, I thought you meant blacked out locally.

You can argue with me but that is the fact. NFLN, ESPN, NBC, ABC, FOX, any game on a national network makes the game blacked out on NFL-PSL.

I'm not arguing with you, what sense does that make? You obviously don't make those decisions, as much as I wish you might! I was just airing my frustrations. Does it make sense to consider NFLN as a national TV type channel when you have to pay for it in order to get it? To me that doesn't make sense, but as you say, it will fall on deaf ears.

I don't consider NFLN a national TV network like I do a CBS or Fox or something like that. ESPN falls on the border of exceptable, because you can't usually pick it up with rabbit ears, in my opinion. Why would NFLN games be blacked out? That doesnt make sense to me.

Probably because they are league rules, not network specific rules.

Also, this isn't your father's cable TV -- pretty much all cable networks are national now.

Edited by KD in CT

I'm not arguing with you, what sense does that make? You obviously don't make those decisions, as much as I wish you might! I was just airing my frustrations. Does it make sense to consider NFLN as a national TV type channel when you have to pay for it in order to get it? To me that doesn't make sense, but as you say, it will fall on deaf ears.

DING DING DING!! That's the idea.

PTR

So for those of us out of state, it is $15 to watch it live online, free to watch sporadic coverage on NFL Network, and free to watch a replay on NFL network at 10am EST Sunday?

Correct. That $15 also gets you the remaining preseason games.

Edited by nucci

Not just that but any station whose signal reaches into a circle 75 miles from Buffalo in any direction.

Actually no.....Right now Elmira/corning is within 75 miles of the stadium but is not on the list of secondary markets. Syracuse used to be within 75 miles when syracuse DMA had Yates county in the finger lakes north of Watkins Glen. About 10-15 years ago or so Yates was switched to Rochester given that Rochester was a closer drive and some of the exurbs started to reach into Yates county.

Not all markets 75 miles are declared as secondary markets. there are some markets that are slightly farther than 75 miles.

The NFL network now is starting their red zone style of roaming of games. they are showing highlights of the game now.

They should give the preseason package for free to season ticket holders. I'll suck up and drive 5-6 hours for a real game, but my seats are empty for preseason. Out of principle, I refuse to pay more money to watch them online.

I'm stuck holding worthless tickets and listening on the radio. Sucks.