AFC East - meh

YoloinOhio

-I was just reading an article about how poor Mike Wallace looks in Miami and he could be a bust FA signing. The fins also parted ways with Reggie Bush and Jake Long. and have start a 2nd year QB. Their D is not great and I know it was a preseason game but the game I watched them play against the Cowboys in Canton was brutal. I like Hartline, but not sure how many playmakers they have. Lamar Miller hasn't looked great either as of yet, although I know he has OK potential. He's no Spiller.

-J-E-T-S. That is all.

-Pats - Brady's knee might be OK today, but I have a feeling he could get hurt this year. Don't tell me teams won't go after that knee. No deep threat WR, no awesome TEs til Gronk returns, and a very questionable defense. I still think they likely win the division because they cheat, er, because they always do, but they typically struggle against NFC teams as well...

all I'm saying is there's a chance.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah some how Bills fans have amnesia every year. The Patriots will always be extremely competitive. Go read the camp notes on the Pats over at ESPN's AFC East blog. They're doing JUST fine. And honestly, Miami will come to play. The Jets are obviously very disjointed and who knows what their final product will look like, but don't sleep on the Pats/Fins.

Bills problem is they could never finish. You couldn't rely on Fitz. If the players trust and believe in EJ they will play hard. The team plays differently when they have a QB they trust both offense and defense.

I honestly think this is going to be way to emotional of a game for this team to lose. The pats have struggled early on in seasons past. I just think the energy of the offense+ new hope+ coaching and a QB that will be able to scramble, will be to much even for Belicheat.

After that first game though they need to keep that energy.

Edited by Meatloaf Sandwich

-I was just reading an article about how poor Mike Wallace looks in Miami and he could be a bust FA signing. The fins also parted ways with Reggie Bush and Jake Long. and have start a 2nd year QB. Their D is not great and I know it was a preseason game but the game I watched them play against the Cowboys in Canton was brutal. I like Hartline, but not sure how many playmakers they have. Lamar Miller hasn't looked great either as of yet, although I know he has OK potential. He's no Spiller.

-J-E-T-S. That is all.

-Pats - Brady's knee might be OK today, but I have a feeling he could get hurt this year. Don't tell me teams won't go after that knee. No deep threat WR, no awesome TEs til Gronk returns, and a very questionable defense. I still think they likely win the division because they cheat, er, because they always do, but they typically struggle against NFC teams as well...

I've been beating this drum for months.

Whether I'm a homer, an idiot, delusional or just stupid ... I don't care. I like being optimistic. Bills are gonna win this division.

Brady is still going to make household names out of scrub WRs before the season is over. He is that good.

Everything else is a toss up.

This ^ Also, they proved they could run the ball last year so they won't need Brady to carry them each week although he will through a lot of games. Gronk will probably return fine too and score 10+ TDs this year.

We are in the same boat as Miami and NY.. 2nd place is up for grabs.

Here's a good one from two days ago:

It wasn't the nearly-flawless performance that he opened up last week's joint practice with, but quarterback Tom Brady was locked in for much of Tuesday's practice, including a hot early stretch during 7-on-7 drills. The highlight of the opening 7-on-7 period was a laser to Danny Amendola on a throw that threaded between a safety and cornerback up the seam. Early in the practice, the Buccaneers secondary provided little resistance to Brady & Co., but they eventually tightened things up.

Here's a good one from two days ago:

It wasn't the nearly-flawless performance that he opened up last week's joint practice with, but quarterback Tom Brady was locked in for much of Tuesday's practice, including a hot early stretch during 7-on-7 drills. The highlight of the opening 7-on-7 period was a laser to Danny Amendola on a throw that threaded between a safety and cornerback up the seam. Early in the practice, the Buccaneers secondary provided little resistance to Brady & Co., but they eventually tightened things up.

Are you a Pats fan b.c you seem in love with them by your two posts in this thread. Just saying...

This ^ Also, they proved they could run the ball last year so they won't need Brady to carry them each week although he will through a lot of games. Gronk will probably return fine too and score 10+ TDs this year.

We are in the same boat as Miami and NY.. 2nd place is up for grabs.

Agreed. I thought Miami got way too much hype over their signings. Seemed like a bunch of decent players getting lots of money. We've done that before too..

Are you a Pats fan b.c you seem in love with them by your two posts in this thread. Just saying...

Haha, I hate the Patriots. I just know better than to underestimate them. The last time we beat the Pats at Foxboro was '00--Flutie was QB. They trounced us at home (a game I FLEW HOME FOR) 52-28. I'm just being a realist, as the OP is being dismissive.

Edited by quinnearlysghost88

Haha, I hate the Patriots. I just know better than to underestimate them. The last time we beat the Pats at Foxboro was '00--Flutie was QB. They trounced us at home (a game a FLEW HOME FOR) 52-28. I'm just being a realist, as the OP is being dismissive.

Yes with a coach and QB who didn't know how to play 4 quarters. If you remember the Bills were up at halftime. You quote Brady's practice sessions like it means anything. Everyone knows when he doesn't get pressured he is great. So practice means nothing for him since he knows he can't be touched.

You're not being a realist b.c you won't stop talking about it. You are just angry b.c he is happy.

Edited by Meatloaf Sandwich

-J-E-T-S. That is all.

Brady's hit 30 TDs in what, four, maybe five seasons?

He ain't doin' it this season with a bunch of rookie WRs.

How well the Pats' D plays without constantly being up by 20 points remains to be seen. imo they play from behind much of this season.

9-7

Haha, I hate the Patriots. I just know better than to underestimate them. The last time we beat the Pats at Foxboro was '00--Flutie was QB. They trounced us at home (a game I FLEW HOME FOR) 52-28. I'm just being a realist, as the OP is being dismissive.

Not being dismissive at all - I said I am sure they will probably find a way to win the division. However - this year things seem different in NE. I know all about how good he looks in 7-7. But you can't forget how close we have played them many times over the last few years. Yes, there have been blowouts too, but at least two games both in Foxboro the game could have gone either way. That's my point, they aren't unbeatable.

Bills problem is they could never finish. You couldn't rely on Fitz. If the players trust and believe in EJ they will play hard. The team plays differently when they have a QB they trust both offense and defense.

I honestly think this is going to be way to emotional of a game for this team to lose. The pats have struggled early on in seasons past. I just think the energy of the offense+ new hope+ coaching and a QB that will be able to scramble, will be to much even for Belicheat.

After that first game though they need to keep that energy.

Emotions will be high for that first game.

If the Bills can execute their game plan and keep their cool, they can beat the Pats*.

I agree that they will need to keep that energy, because that week 2 game against the Panthers will be tough.

Yeah some how Bills fans have amnesia every year. The Patriots will always be extremely competitive. Go read the camp notes on the Pats over at ESPN's AFC East blog. They're doing JUST fine. And honestly, Miami will come to play. The Jets are obviously very disjointed and who knows what their final product will look like, but don't sleep on the Pats/Fins.

Of course we have amnesia, we drink kool-aid all summer and think it will be different!!

Yes with a coach and QB who didn't know how to play 4 quarters. If you remember the Bills were up at halftime. You quote Brady's practice sessions like it means anything. Everyone knows when he doesn't get pressured he is great. So practice means nothing for him since he knows he can't be touched.

You're not being a realist b.c you won't stop talking about it. You are just angry b.c he is happy.

Are we really arguing about the Pats/Bills? Seriously? A team that we've beaten TWICE in 12 years? I don't have to quote Brady's practice sessions ( I can't believe I'm even being forced to defend him, ugh). I could just pull up the head-to-head results since 2001. And since that time we've had a few coaches and QBs. And a coach/players "not knowing how to play 4 quarters" is retard speak. These players and coaches grow up with the game. They're well acquainted with playing "four quarters" with their "game faces" on. Some people just can't compete at the highest level.

Emotions will be high for that first game.

If the Bills can execute their game plan and keep their cool, they can beat the Pats*.

I agree that they will need to keep that energy, because that week 2 game against the Panthers will be tough.

Newton is my fantasy QB so thinking that should be a nice jinx for him :)