California Road Parking Lot

bildawg

I heard a rumor today that the Erie County Sheriffs will be closing the bridge and have someone stationed to prevent people from crossing the creek between the Bills lots and the "Wings Pavilion" lot at 3964 California Rd.

I am hoping someone knows the lot I am speaking about can be seen here:

This lot was ridiculously easy to get into and out of, and their little shortcut to cross the creek/ravine and get onto the stadium grounds (next to the grass practice field) was convienant.

Would appreciate if anyone has any specifics or can confirm/deny this after the game on Friday.

They are putting a fence along the back of the stadium property line from 20 to 20a. No surprise why. A guy fell into the ravine and died last year. LAWSUIT

How many people who park and walk do you figure this will affect?

Also, can you tell how high the fence will be?

I wonder if people will come upon the fence not expecting it and try climbing over it instead of walking all the way around.

Theoretically they could still be sued if someone fell and injured them self.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

I wonder if people will come upon the fence not expecting it and try climbing over it instead of walking all the way around.

It looks 8 foot high. There are "no trespassing signs" located at the bridge I heard. So I don't know if the signs remove any rights to sue if one gets hurt while trespassing. I would think the property owner knows about the fence. There was just a fund raises for EC sheriff on his property

It looks 8 foot high. There are "no trespassing signs" located at the bridge I heard. So I don't know if the signs remove any rights to sue if one gets hurt while trespassing. I would think the property owner knows about the fence. There was just a fund raises for EC sheriff on his property

Perhaps people should look to park at 4170 Abbott Road? That seems like a convenient location, fun place to be too.

My office is on California right down the street from that lot, and I know that for the past year or two, the owner of the lot had been turning people away who didn't park there but wanted to use the walkway to the stadium. This is the first I heard that they would be blocking it completely.

We often wonder how many people park in that lot, because it is so convienant and usually packed. Best guess I have is the lot can hold 1000-2000 cars when at full capacity and I bet 95% of the people take the "short cut" through the ravine.

Looks like it may be time to find a new spot to park

Perhaps people should look to park at 4170 Abbott Road? That seems like a convenient location, fun place to be too.

Hammer's Lot is not convenient for everyone as Abbott road WILL be blocked in front of the stadium this game

Imagine that - guessing that over 40 years - some 250,000 fans crossed that ravine without major incidents. And all it took was one drunk kid to put a stop to it.

One drunk kid and I think there is more to the story

man, that does stink! i moved away, but that was the place for many years! very sorry to hear that. what does the owner of the lot plan on doing if there is no access to the stadium?

I would guess when you parked there it was run by a older gentleman. Now it's run by a different enterprise.

Imagine that - guessing that over 40 years - some 250,000 fans crossed that ravine without major incidents. And all it took was one drunk kid to put a stop to it.

. Back in the old days there nothing to use except your legs. No steps or help. No ****

Living the southtowns that was the place. Out of there in no time. No traffic all back roads

Edited by roush