Science says BMW, Benz and Prius drivers are jerks

Just Jack

In my experience, Acura drivers are the biggest jerks around.

It's anyone who feels entitled enough to drive in the left lane with no cars in front of them.

From anectodal evidence it's largely:

Prius

Subaru

Mercedes

(used to be Volvos, when they were still around)

"Seven studies using experimental and naturalistic methods reveal that upper-class individuals behave more unethically than lower-class individuals."

And in other news, water is still wet.

Yet a study of the Forbes 400 showed the top trait most commonly found amongst them was integrity. Why so you feel that's water is still wet news? I think it's just the opposite.

I drive a 1998 Honda Civic with a messed up driver side window that won't roll down and my a/c died about two weeks ago. It so happens also that I am a terrifically wonderful individual with a wealth of positive personality traits. Not sure how you social scientists wanna draw the correlation there or speculate as to the causal relationships, but, anecdotally, I thought it was of significant value to share that.

It's anyone who feels entitled enough to drive in the left lane with no cars in front of them.

From anectodal evidence it's largely:

Prius

Subaru

Mercedes

(used to be Volvos, when they were still around)

In my experience, RAV-4 and CRV owners are the absolute worst.

In my experience, RAV-4 and CRV owners are the absolute worst.

Any car with a Vermont license plate, in my experience. They usually drive Subarus. People knock NJ drivers all the time. They are fast and they are aggressive. But Vermont drivers have tunnel vision. They'll ride the middle or left lane, going 10 MPH below the speed limit ... people passing them on both sides (dangerous) and won't even think about moving over where they belong.

Any car with a Vermont license plate, in my experience. They usually drive Subarus. People knock NJ drivers all the time. They are fast and they are aggressive. But Vermont drivers have tunnel vision. They'll ride the middle or left lane, going 10 MPH below the speed limit ... people passing them on both sides (dangerous) and won't even think about moving over where they belong.

youve opened a whole new can of crap here. Should probably be its own thread.

I do a ton of highway driving. In the last 3 years I've logged almost 90,000 miles on my Benz. I am not a slow driver at all. 85mph is an average for me on the highway. I live in the left lane. The only time I move from it is if someone's doing 90, someone's doing the exact speed limit and shows no signs of courtesy to move out of the way for faster travelers, or for the state troopers or sheriffs that pull me over regularly.

I can say with 100% knowledge that the drivers that have no sense of highway driving courtesy are the following: Massachusetts, NJ, Illinois, Vermont, Conneticut. Most likely in that order. They are absolutely horrible.

On that note, if You have come in contact with a white Mercedes on your back bumper and a shaved headed prick in the drivers seat yelling at you, it's most likely because you drive like a 16 girl that just got her license and is afraid to pass tractor trailers. Sorry to offend you, but if someone's on your butt, you really need to get out of the way. It's not about someone being a jerk. It's about the right of way. Regardless of how much they might be speeding or driving recklessly, they are clearly driving faster than you. The left lane is a club, and if your not sure if your in the club.... Your not in the club.

As it happens, by letting us faster(jerk) travelers by is the best thing for you. Wouldn't you rather have the idiot in front of you where you can keep your distance? Or would you rather the jerk be on your @$$ for miles?

I'm sure I've offended some (many) of you with this post. I don't care really. People need to realize when people are driving more aggressively than they are. It's actually unsafe because that's where bumper to bumper 70mph driving turns into very bad accidents.

youve opened a whole new can of crap here. Should probably be its own thread.

I do a ton of highway driving. In the last 3 years I've logged almost 90,000 miles on my Benz. I am not a slow driver at all. 85mph is an average for me on the highway. I live in the left lane. The only time I move from it is if someone's doing 90, someone's doing the exact speed limit and shows no signs of courtesy to move out of the way for faster travelers, or for the state troopers or sheriffs that pull me over regularly.

I can say with 100% knowledge that the drivers that have no sense of highway driving courtesy are the following: Massachusetts, NJ, Illinois, Vermont, Conneticut. Most likely in that order. They are absolutely horrible.

On that note, if You have come in contact with a white Mercedes on your back bumper and a shaved headed prick in the drivers seat yelling at you, it's most likely because you drive like a 16 girl that just got her license and is afraid to pass tractor trailers. Sorry to offend you, but if someone's on your butt, you really need to get out of the way. It's not about someone being a jerk. It's about the right of way. Regardless of how much they might be speeding or driving recklessly, they are clearly driving faster than you. The left lane is a club, and if your not sure if your in the club.... Your not in the club.

As it happens, by letting us faster(jerk) travelers by is the best thing for you. Wouldn't you rather have the idiot in front of you where you can keep your distance? Or would you rather the jerk be on your @$$ for miles?

I'm sure I've offended some (many) of you with this post. I don't care really. People need to realize when people are driving more aggressively than they are. It's actually unsafe because that's where bumper to bumper 70mph driving turns into very bad accidents.

Sounds familiar. Well except for the Benz part. I have a speed warning on my car that goes off at 80 because I found myself doing 95 without thinking about it.

Sounds familiar. Well except for the Benz part. I have a speed warning on my car that goes off at 80 because I found myself doing 95 without thinking about it.

i have to think about 85. I usually think about how much quicker I get to my destination. Lol.

While driving through the Catskills I actually found that I could cut miles out of my drive by cutting every corner that was on my way through. It's fun driving through the mountain on the 17 doing 85 the whole way.

I may be a bit fast for many here. But I can assure you all I'm in complete control of my vehicle when I drive.

Edited by mrags

I drive a 1998 Honda Civic with a messed up driver side window that won't roll down and my a/c died about two weeks ago. It so happens also that I am a terrifically wonderful individual with a wealth of positive personality traits. Not sure how you social scientists wanna draw the correlation there or speculate as to the causal relationships, but, anecdotally, I thought it was of significant value to share that.

So now, if you were driving a 1998 Acura CSX, which is the same identiacl car as your Civic... Would would be a total Richard. Do I have this straight?

Did you not say:

Cugalabanza, on 14 August 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

:nana:

Once again let me clarify. We're pricks because we know how to drive while all the idiots around us haven't a clue.

When you are racing to your bicycle of the sea? IE: Sailboat?

No, it is more like... Sailors have the same mentality on the water as BMW drivers have on the road: "Get out of my way! I can't control this thing!"

So now, if you were driving a 1998 Acura CSX, which is the same identiacl car as your Civic... Would would be a total Richard. Do I have this straight?

Did you not say:

Cugalabanza, on 14 August 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

:nana:

When you are racing to your bicycle of the sea? IE: Sailboat?

No, it is more like... Sailors have the same mentality on the water as BMW drivers have on the road: "Get out of my way! I can't control this thing!"

BMWs are all about control

I heard the ventilation system of the next generation prius incorporates a seat cushion air intake.

No, but it'll probably have iOS and Siri, for that extra bit of smug elitism as you unironically drive it to your OWS rally.