Enough QB talk, how about Goodwin!

http://www.nfl.com/v...-1-Top-10-plays #2 Baby! Some guy named Hester better not get used to his return records imho.

BTW 107 yards in 13 seconds, with pads, ducking defenders and not in a straight line? The 100M ran in the olympics is 110 yards, most times are in the mid to high 9 second area. Take the pads off, let the kid run straight and he is putting up around a high 9 or very low 10 second 100M. Kid be FAAAAST!

With that speed, his ability to run routes and how he has been catching the ball in camp, we gotta get him on the field more.

http://www.nfl.com/v...dwin-in-a-flash

AND he slowed down the last 10 yards Bolt style!

Edited by Kellyto83TD

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Olympic event is 100M not 110m so you can cut 36ft off your comparison. It makes up for the 110yards thing. Just sayin.

But yeah, the kid is absolutely explosive and I agree with you that this kid just might make a huge name for himself as a KR in this league. I also firmly believe he's going to be a better WR than Hester is too.

That was a mis type. I ran the 100 m or the 110 yards in HS :-) I was good for a white guy actually...

lol. I ran the 110HH so that's how I caught it.

*also very fast for a white guy.

What was your best 100m time?

http://www.nfl.com/v...-1-Top-10-plays #2 Baby! Some guy named Hester better not get used to his return records imho.

BTW 107 yards in 13 seconds, with pads, ducking defenders and not in a straight line? The 100M ran in the olympics is 110 yards, most times are in the mid to high 9 second area. Take the pads off, let the kid run straight and he is putting up around a high 9 or very low 10 second 100M. Kid be FAAAAST!

With that speed, his ability to run routes and how he has been catching the ball in camp, we gotta get him on the field more.

http://www.nfl.com/v...dwin-in-a-flash

AND he slowed down the last 10 yards Bolt style!

A good returner does not always make a good receiver.

I'm not sure that the team's return game was that miserable such that it needed a slight upgrade. We ranked 4th in KOR avg. last season and 1st in PR avg.

Keep in mind that a fantastic season for a KOR is 2 or 3 TDs, more is highly unusual. That's not the kind of production that changes games all season. Also, to assume that he's going to average 80 ypr is silly.

He's got a job as a returner, but he has yet to prove, in college or pros, that he can be a 2/3 WR.

A good returner does not always make a good receiver.

I'm not sure that the team's return game was that miserable such that it needed a slight upgrade. We ranked 4th in KOR avg. last season and 1st in PR avg.

Keep in mind that a fantastic season for a KOR is 2 or 3 TDs, more is highly unusual. That's not the kind of production that changes games all season. Also, to assume that he's going to average 80 ypr is silly.

He's got a job as a returner, but he has yet to prove, in college or pros, that he can be a 2/3 WR.

A fair point.

I too would like to see Goodwin get more chances as a WR, as I'm sure he will.

I had a chance to talk to some Texas fans about Goodwin, and they raved about his play, and also admitted that the offense Texas had and the QB play kind of held Goodwin back.

With Goodwin's ability to follow blocks, I could see him being very effective on an end-around or reverse play.

A fair point.

I had a chance to talk to some Texas fans about Goodwin, and they raved about his play, and also admitted that the offense Texas had and the QB play kind of held Goodwin back.

With Goodwin's ability to follow blocks, I could see him being very effective on an end-around or reverse play.

Did Goodwin even play receiver yesterday? I can't even recall seeing him line up as a wide out.

Did Goodwin even play receiver yesterday? I can't even recall seeing him line up as a wide out.

I would have to watch the game again to be sure of that. I know he did not catch a pass yesterday.

For that matter I don't remember a pass being thrown to him.

I would have to watch the game again to be sure of that. I know he did not catch a pass yesterday.

For that matter I don't remember a pass being thrown to him.

I noticed him lined up at WR a few times but don't believe he was targeted. They seem to be keeping some of the offense under wraps for now- we saw no read option for example. I still think Goodwin will have a significant role on offense as a rookie.

Which is what bothers me. According to Astro etal that have been posting from Camp, he has had really good routes and great hands. Then again its not like we weren't whipping their butts so we get other guys reps. Goodwin is a shoe in due to the return game, and odds are will be the 5th WR or so to start. You have guys who we picked up that might not make the roster at all, gotta get those guys reps to see if they are worth keeping.

That said, do we keep 7 WR's this year?

A fair point.

I guess that my point was not to expect too much from him in the receiving dept. Texas fans can rave all that they want to, what else would we expect them to do, but if he's so blazing fast in the NFL then he was even faster at Texas, so why didn't he log more than few hundred yards in receiving, with low ypc too, or have more than 1 TD for every 17 passes caught?

Something's not adding up here. People expect that just because a player is fast that he'll be a good receiver. I am not hopeful that this was the case, which if not, then again, not sure drafting him to return kicks shouldn't have been high on the priority list. Now if he does turn into a Devon Hestor or Dante Hall, great, but consider, neither of them were good receivers, and it's unllikely that he'll turn into what they were.

As to end arounds and reverses, sure, but if the team has to resort to too many of those it will likely mean that they're not capable of executing effectively in their standard offense, which won't be good. Gimmick stuff like that never makes up for fundamentals.

Which is what bothers me. According to Astro etal that have been posting from Camp, he has had really good routes and great hands. Then again its not like we weren't whipping their butts so we get other guys reps. Goodwin is a shoe in due to the return game, and odds are will be the 5th WR or so to start. You have guys who we picked up that might not make the roster at all, gotta get those guys reps to see if they are worth keeping.

That said, do we keep 7 WR's this year?

Forget what you read about in camp. What, he had good routes against Brooks, Rogers, and McKelvin? Please.

Camp is useless for evaluating anything but the basics, it's completely useless in evaluating how they'll play against starting NFL competition, particularly since we don't even have good starting NFL competition on our roster for D except for a few players. And let's not forget, Mario's got a boo-boo.