We are being served up to the Colts and Skins

I see this more as a last year/this year first rd QB showcase to drum up interest and ratings in preseason. EJ has been getting some national attention, so there's already some interest. Granted, RG III may not play, but not everyone who tunes in would know this ahead of time.

The Networks would be far more enamored with Geno Smith with the Jets playing on National TV rather than Manuel and the Bills.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The coverage seemed to be skewered toward Indy at the beginning, but I attribute to the fact that Indy was a playoff team and it was at their house. It was more balanced toward the end as the Bills were a bit of a surprise.

No. It was favored for Indy because it was being hosted by Indy. It had Indy broadcasters. Hence, the reason why every single interview was with an Indy player. To the OP. How about 1st round qb vs another 1st round qb??? Is that possible? Ps. Honestly, based on our play for the last 13 years, you could argue your argument about almost any team vs the bills. Example: If the game was vs titans. Then you could say that the league wanted cj2k to trash us. Your argument gets a Fail for effort. At least.

And even minutes later my mind is still boggling that you called me, the chief Kool-aid drinker of TBD, miserable and negative. :blink:

PTR

Your negativity is pointed at other fans/posters instead of the team. It doesn't make it any less negative.

The coverage seemed to be skewered toward Indy at the beginning, but I attribute to the fact that Indy was a playoff team and it was at their house. It was more balanced toward the end as the Bills were a bit of a surprise.

Even when the game is on NFL Network, the broadcasters work for the teams. These were Colts announcers, and as expected, nearly everything was presented from that perspective. The funny thing is, they couldn't help themselves but compliment the Bills as the game wore on, which was fun to see.

In the wake of "bye-week-gate" where the Bills are served up to 7 top tier franchises coming off of byes or thursday games, now I notice the Bills play away to the Skins and Colts in standalone pre season games (ie; no other games on at that time ) with NFL Network live coverage. Why do I get the feeling the Bills are considered by the league as "homecoming game" opponents, soft patsies used to showcase the best teams and improved their marketability? Now RGIII and Andrew Luck are to be showcased "beating up on" a crappy Bills D in front of the home crowd (cue the cheering throngs) and in front of the entire nation. All to promote the coming stars of the league. This is crap. Does anyone see a conspiracy here?

you people are crazy you are complaining about pre season scheduling? seriously

Hey the Bills are being shown live, nation wide, What is wrong with that?

I saw at least 2 after play "activities" spinning the ball, first down gesture that I heard would be flaggged this season. Did the Bills get away with these or is it all a bunch of BS?

you people are crazy you are complaining about pre season scheduling? seriously

Hey the Bills are being shown live, nation wide, What is wrong with that?

wasn't it "nationally" only IF you get NFL network?

T minus 2 hours til the OP apologizes for this dead wrong thread.

Bills only scored 44 in the massacre. :w00t:

In this case, it is good feeling to be dead wrong. Lets see how this all pans out going forward. No more predictions. I do not believe any of us knows what we have here. I just hope they stay healthy enough for us to see what Marrone has done with this group.

Even when the game is on NFL Network, the broadcasters work for the teams. These were Colts announcers, and as expected, nearly everything was presented from that perspective. The funny thing is, they couldn't help themselves but compliment the Bills as the game wore on, which was fun to see.

True, but they were SO. DAMN. LAME!

Pretty sure they showed 1st year coach Doug Marrone only once while talking about some Colt. I don't think they even mentioned his name once..

I, too, enjoyed them eventually having to hand it the Bills after 3/4's of 'we have to tackle better'/ we have to create turnovers' blah blah..

the Bills are considered by the league as "homecoming game" opponents, soft patsies used to showcase the best teams and improved their marketability

I hope to god some dope in some office suggested this and other dopes agreed with it. They would get exactly what they deserve if the Bills embasass both of those teams.

I saw at least 2 after play "activities" spinning the ball, first down gesture that I heard would be flaggged this season. Did the Bills get away with these or is it all a bunch of BS?

Think I read it would be a penalty only if done towards an opposing player.

wasn't it "nationally" only IF you get NFL network?

well get direct TV and since anyone across the nation could watch the game, and it was the only game on that day,it was nationally televised.

in terms of stroke the bills rank somewhere near the bottum of the barrel...for lots of legit reasons...small market, past performance and another cycle of rebuilding....so i don't expect much respect from anyone on nearly any topic...no one is going to give the Bills any preference till they earn some respect....and that means beating good teams... meanwhile just chalk the coverage bias up to the price of sucking for so many years...meanwhile the only way to beat good teams is to play them...so from where i sit bring on the best...why not?

Think I read it would be a penalty only if done towards an opposing player.

another judgement call... great

RG III is yapping his gums about wanting to play against the Bills

well get direct TV and since anyone across the nation could watch the game, and it was the only game on that day,it was nationally televised.

nationally televised and nationally viewable ..........

I hope to god some dope in some office suggested this and other dopes agreed with it. They would get exactly what they deserve if the Bills embasass both of those teams.

I did not know "8and8Forever" worked in the front office.

Now he got burned on one side and needs to turn over to make the other side match for Washington game.

Hopefully the front office has learned that they can not let the janitor pick the matchups of the preseason especially when teams not front office schedules preseason games.