How important is keeping Travis Henry

OnTheRocks

Would you take a lesser trade to keep TH out of the AFC East?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take a lesser trade to keep TH out of the AFC East?

• take a #2 from the Dolphins
    • take a #3 from any other non-AFC East team

I dont think ANYONE is gonna offer us a #2 for old brittle bones...

but if someone does, and even if its the Dolphins, I'd do it in a second. We know how good he is (above average at best).

Listen, with the exact same personel, McGahee ran for 100 yards 7 times in 11 starts.

Travis? 0 times in 5 starts.

Later TH.

but if someone does, and even if its the Dolphins, I'd do it in a second.

204301[/snapback]

Agree. I think we would be lucky to get a #3. If someone offers a 2 you jump on it regardless of who is involved.

that is a good point....so let me rephrase it this way...

i don't know exactly where the Dolphins are in the darft....but lets say they are #3

and the Cardinals are #8.

Would you take a 3rd from the Cardinals before a 3rd from the Dolphins?

No.  Get as much as possible for him.  Period.  If the Bills can't beat the Dolphin with TH, than they aren't going to the playoffs anyway.

204309[/snapback]

Yep. Based off this season, by the time Saban gets the Felons back to respectability, TH will be totally washed-up anyways.

that is a good point....so let me rephrase it this way...

i don't know exactly where the Dolphins are in the darft....but lets say they are #3

and the Cardinals are #8.

Would you take a 3rd from the Cardinals before a 3rd from the Dolphins?

204313[/snapback]

I don't care who it is. Take the highest possible offer you can get. He'll probably be hurt again next year anyway. :doh:

I don't care who it is. Take the highest possible offer you can get. He'll probably be hurt again next year anyway.  :doh:

204322[/snapback]

Seriously.. I think that is a big deal that not too many people pay attention to.

He get's hurt too much.

204301[/snapback]

I'm ready to see Henry leave as much as anyone, but calling him "brittle bones" is a bit unfair.

Anytime a linebacker, or anyone as big as a football player for that matter (kickers and punters aside), puts their full weight in the middle of your lower leg, it will snap. Just ask Terrell Owens, not exactly someone I would label "brittle bones".

His injury isn't exactly like some others...ones where ligaments are stretched or shoulders popped out or backs are strained, whatever. Physics happens and legs break. Nothing you can do about it, and nothing about a guy's past history will change how easily it will break.

I think if Miami can find a way to snag D.Brees from the Chargers, adding a 1300 yard/year back like Henry could restore them to respectability immediately. They would have Chambers, Booker, and McMichael as targets for Brees......

But then again, I agree with KD......if we can't beat them, we don't deserve to go anywhere anyway. I say get the best deal for Travis.....good riddance, TH......thanks for the memories.....and remember to check IDs in Miami.

How myopic this board has become.

Henry was a fierce rusher for our team when we were just gitting our sh-- together, and our offensive line was still terrible and hadn't been upgraded.

He's a player that always seems to have a chip on his shoulder anyway, and I don't really want to have to face someone like that twice a year. Shades of Antowain Smith, anyone?