£250,000 burger puts Boyst out of business

Beerball

Farming is unsustainable, yet ... this is what? I saw this on the news last night - it made me pissed. This makes a great headline, this is fun for the talk shows, the Views' and your 60 second world news brief. But, this is crap.

Will frankenburgers lead to frankenpeople? Feed it to the masses and in a few generations we shall see what develops. It's all about the $$$. Who cares about the health.

I think I'll try one for curiosity's sake :)

Will frankenburgers lead to frankenpeople? Feed it to the masses and in a few generations we shall see what develops. It's all about the $$$. Who cares about the health.

I'd agree with you if it weren't for all the hormones and pesticides farmers use these days anyway. Those things are far from healthy yet we consume these things in mass. It's all about the $$$ there too. Is this burger more of a health risk than those things?

I'd agree with you if it weren't for all the hormones and pesticides farmers use these days anyway. Those things are far from healthy yet we consume these things in mass. It's all about the $$$ there too. Is this burger more of a health risk than those things?

hormones? Pesticides? Me thinks you is a little misguided.

They were saying the same things a few years ago about irradiated beef...

http://www.wegmans.com/blog/2010/07/irradiated-ground-beef/

hormones? Pesticides? Me thinks you is a little misguided.

Yeah because farmers don't inject hormones into livestock and use pesticides on fruit & veggies.

Edited by MDH

I think jboy injects his cows with protein ..............

hmm... well...Fescue is protein, and I am happy to inject them with that. 12-14% fescue hay. 25-28% legumes in the clover. 16+% in the live forage. Eat protein cows. Eat.

Yeah because farmers don't inject hormones into livestock and use pesticides on fruit & veggies.

And, how much time have you spent looking in to this besides watching Food Inc? Chickens have been selectively bred to be large fat chickens, yet people like to call it genetic modificatoin. Turkeys, and all livestock have this happening. Cattle rarely get hormones injected to promote growth, the cost is not that beneficiary anymore. Dairy cows are not given hormones every day to make them milk, that's just silly.

Pesticides on the plants? Well, who wants to buy fruits with bugs in them? Who wants to buy an apple with a big rotten spot where bees and ants have ate in to it? Blame the consumer on the pesticides issue.

hmm... well...Fescue is protein, and I am happy to inject them with that. 12-14% fescue hay. 25-28% legumes in the clover. 16+% in the live forage. Eat protein cows. Eat.

And, how much time have you spent looking in to this besides watching Food Inc? Chickens have been selectively bred to be large fat chickens, yet people like to call it genetic modificatoin. Turkeys, and all livestock have this happening. Cattle rarely get hormones injected to promote growth, the cost is not that beneficiary anymore. Dairy cows are not given hormones every day to make them milk, that's just silly.

Pesticides on the plants? Well, who wants to buy fruits with bugs in them? Who wants to buy an apple with a big rotten spot where bees and ants have ate in to it? Blame the consumer on the pesticides issue.

I think you're so used to taking a defensive tone that you automatically took one here. My original statement was simply that the things we are consuming in our foods aren't that healthy to begin with. I wasn't "blaming" anybody for it, it was simply a statement about what's currently in the food we eat.

I haven't been "misled" as you stated in your previous post. I don't claim to be an expert but I've read quite a few articles outlining studies done by scientists (you know, those same guys who created the pesticides to begin with) that state there is a strong correlation to pesticides and any number of diseases/ailments (Cancer, ADHD, Diabeties, Alzheimers, Parkinsons, and quite a few more) which is what my original statement was referencing. We've been consuming this stuff for over half a century and the adverse effects are starting to reveal themselves.

You waived your dismissive hand at my first post to which I replied and then you admitted that there was nothing inaccurate about it - hormones and pesticides are in our food supply. Really, I'm not sure what the issue is here other than you make your livelihood from farming and feel the need to take offense/argue with anybody who makes a statement about it.