Anyone listening to Sal & Bulldog?

Does anyone else think Bulldog sounds more relaxed on the air with Sal C. than he does with Mike Schopp? I mean when I listen to him and Schopp he stammers and gropes to make his points. All this week the guy just lets opinions roll out freely.

I'm starting to wonder if Schopp intimidates him.

PTR

Good call. I agree. Better chemistry. Light years better. I might even start listening. It's that much better.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That said, I prefer Bulldog to Shopp 100 to 1. I have no idea why Shopp has the job.

And yet he doesn't bother me in the least. I have generally found criticism of him to be over blown. I'm equally as frustrated with the same callers he is, so I get it when he cuts off a bad one.

Attitude or schtick doesn't bother me nearly as much as just not having any idea what you are taking about. You know, like being an IT guy and misinforming others that macs can't use multi button mice. You kind of lose your credibility.

i haven't listened in years. but as far as i can tell no one likes schopp. in fact, it's clear that many hate him.

it's true that he's a total prick. censor me if you will, but prick is clearly the best word to describe him. how the guy still has a job is a mystery to me, but maybe acting like a prick equals big ratings?

the only radio i can tolerate is the john murphy show, and i stream that from the bills website. i've blocked the wgr website from my browser, so i'm not tempted to check it. the website is so poorly designed, the photography,everything, that whole organization is a two-bit operation...

i haven't listened in years. but as far as i can tell no one likes schopp. in fact, it's clear that many hate him.

it's true that he's a total prick. censor me if you will, but prick is clearly the best word to describe him. how the guy still has a job is a mystery to me, but maybe acting like a prick equals big ratings?

the only radio i can tolerate is the john murphy show, and i stream that from the bills website. i've blocked the wgr website from my browser, so i'm not tempted to check it. the website is so poorly designed, the photography,everything, that whole organization is a two-bit operation...

The objective of the show during drive time is to have someone who makes the fans want to listen....and they listen because they hate Schopp. Let's face it, the interest in listening to Bills talk has waned during 13 years of incessant losing. There really isn't enough interest in the Bills anymore to have a host like Chuck Dickerson who would manipulate the thin-skinned idiots all afternoon like he was playing a violin.

Thank goodness for those two, because they were so annoying to listen to that they made me order Sirius XM, and when they tried to scam me with their billing, I simply used my phone to listen to sports talk all over the place for free,

So thanks clowns

The objective of the show during drive time is to have someone who makes the fans want to listen....and they listen because they hate Schopp. Let's face it, the interest in listening to Bills talk has waned during 13 years of incessant losing. There really isn't enough interest in the Bills anymore to have a host like Chuck Dickerson who would manipulate the thin-skinned idiots all afternoon like he was playing a violin.

Schopp's commentary is not only thin regarding the Bills but it also is just as superficial with the Sabres. WGR is the mainstay for both of these two teams. He has exhibited a lack of interest not only on the respective home teams but also the respective sports.

The Bills have been bad for a generation. No one is challenging that obvious ugly fact. If your job is to comment on a team and sport and you don't care about that team and sport then it comes across. I give Mike Schopp some credit in that he is so disinterested in those pro games that he doesn't even bother to fake that he is interested.

The central point of the original poster is that Bulldog performs much better and with more fluidity when paired with another radio partner or working alone. There is little chemistry between Bulldog and Schopp (my opinion). No doubt Schopp is more controversial when in the radio booth but it is a better show when he is not shackling Bulldog.

And yet he doesn't bother me in the least. I have generally found criticism of him to be over blown. I'm equally as frustrated with the same callers he is, so I get it when he cuts off a bad one.

Attitude or schtick doesn't bother me nearly as much as just not having any idea what you are taking about. You know, like being an IT guy and misinforming others that macs can't use multi button mice. You kind of lose your credibility.

You mean like when MAC advertised they were faster than PCs for certain tasks but when a computer magazine actually tested them head to head the MAC got blown away in virtually every test, and their claims were based on focusing on the 1 test out of like 20 or 30 they performed better on, lol...

Apple is the king of marketing inferior products for premium prices...see iPhone vs. galaxy for the most recent version

Edited by matter2003

This. The worst part of most sports talk shows are the callers to be honest.

People consistently complain about the show yet seem to be tuning in regularly to listen. Weird.

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

Not weird at all considering WGR is the only Buffalo sports radio option. It's like breathing. Are you going to stop if the air smells like a latrine?

PTR

If the objective of Mike Schopp is to be irritating then the show is a tremendous success. Isn't there a good possibility that if the show was less annoying that the audience would be larger?

Why does WGR pay for the rights to the Bills and Sabres if all they need is an annoying Mike Schopp to bring in listeners?

I won't listen to Schopp ever unless there is a breaking story to follow. Besides being annoying and generally miserable he is not an interesting host.

WGR is wasting Chris "Bulldog" Parker teamng him with Schopp.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

If he could have a show on card, baseball, and tennis he'd be in heaven. Unfortunately, he has to entertain us, the great unwashed, in our trivial indulgences, which is where he gets his bitterness.

Schopp knows nothing about tennis, either. Only that his wife plays at a low level (one of the best 30+ tennis players in Buffalo, ooh when there's like 3 of them) that he thinks he's amazing.

Contact WGR and let them know.

That accomplishes the opposite. Any attention is good attention with WGR.

#1: I ain't touching the Mac vs. PC thing. It's like wrestling with a pig, all you get is dirty, and the pig likes it. Years and years of arguments have pretty much solved: nothing.

The only way it will change is if people keep telling them Schopp sucks.

Oh really? Well, don't you realize that "Mike Schopp has received multiple offers from other cities to do radio shows there"?

That means: we are truly fortunate to have Schopp, so you aren't allowed to complain.

EDIT: What that really means? Schoop doesn't realize that we would prefer that he takes those other offers. I am calling that bluff all day, all night, and with every chip on the table.

That accomplishes the opposite. Any attention is good attention with WGR.

Yes, and this is the "mad scientist" characteristic of this whole thing. The bosses can f around and do all kinds of stupid things, and we have to put up with it, because we want info and analysis on our teams.

WGR being highly rated? That says nothing about the radio station, and everything about the fans of the Sabres and Bills. The delusion that WGR labors under is that the ratings have something to do with them. Given their performance and decisions over the years, if this station was in any other city? Blown out of the water, long ago.

Listening to Sal right now? That is good performance, and he just made a great decision to bounce a turd caller. The difference betwen him and Schoop? He actually hates doing it, and, he's done with it. He isn't spending the next 2 minutes talking about why, and explaining his superior rationale. :rolleyes:

Edited by OCinBuffalo