Anyone listening to Sal & Bulldog?

Does anyone else think Bulldog sounds more relaxed on the air with Sal C. than he does with Mike Schopp? I mean when I listen to him and Schopp he stammers and gropes to make his points. All this week the guy just lets opinions roll out freely.

I'm starting to wonder if Schopp intimidates him.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else think Bulldog sounds more relaxed on the air with Sal C. than he does with Mike Schopp? I mean when I listen to him and Schopp he stammers and gropes to make his points. All this week the guy just lets opinions roll out freely.

PTR

..you're absolutely right..I have enjoyed this past week of listening.

You mean "Dope and the Lapdog"? Lol...

Funny thing is Schopp is a complete toolbox to caller during his normal show but is really cool on his Saturday morning show "The Hobby"...

i agree with this. I've listened on my way to work before.

PTR

I don't think that Bulldog is intimidated by Schopp as much as they are simply a bad match personality wise and interest wise. Schopp doesn't have much interest in most of the sports. Whenever he is asked a question about a particular sport it is apparent that he is faking the issue and turning it around to rudely forcing the caller to justify what he is asking.

Capacio is a better partner on air with Bulldog. There may be some criticisms with Capacio's style but one thing that comes across with him is that he is genuine in his enthusiasm for the Buffalo Sports teams. That is not to say that he is co-opted by them so much as he is knowledgeagable about the various teams.

Bulldog is even better by himself than when he is on with Shopp. There is less stammering and he has a better rapport with callers, including knowing how to handle the dumb bell calls. He can dispatch them rather quickly without being nasty and condescending.

The best analogy I can make with Shopp and Bulldog is that it is like two people on a long car trip stuck trying to force a conversation that neither one is interested in. Torturous and Awkward!

Edited by JohnC

I don't think that Bulldog is intimidated by Schopp as much as they are simply a bad match personality wise and interest wise. Schopp doesn't have much interest in most of the sports. Whenever he is asked a question about a particular sport it is apparent that he is faking the issue and turning it around to rudely forcing the caller to justify what he is asking.

Capacio is a better partner on air with Bulldog. There may be some criticisms with Capacio's style but one thing that comes across with him is that he is genuine in his enthusiasm for the Buffalo Sports teams. That is not to say that he is co-opted by them so much as he is knowledgeagable about the various teams.

Bulldog is even better by himself than when he is on with Shopp. There is less stammering and he has a better rapport with callers, including knowing how to handle the dumb bell calls. He can dispatch them rather quickly without being nasty and condescending.

The best analogy I can make with Shopp and Bulldog is that it is like two people on a long car trip stuck trying to force a conversation that neither one is interested in. Torturous and Awkward!

Great analogy

I rarely, if ever complain about talk show hosts. I get what they are trying do. I understand the format and the dynamics involved. They all try to carve out a niche. They are what they are.

With that said, Bulldog is probably the least prepared person I have ever heard on the radio. It's like he walks into the studio and has no idea what the topics are for the day. What he offers is what he can think of off the top of his head and that amounts to a dinner of dry rice cakes.

Sal is leagues above Bulldog. Even Bulldogs nickname lacks any type of originality or effort.

Contact WGR and let them know.

Hours

Regular Hours:

Mon.-Fri., 9am-5pm

Summer Hours:

(from the Friday before Memorial Day through Labor Day)

Mon.-Thu., 9am-5pm; Fri., 9am-3pm

Toll Free: 888.550.2550

Text: 550550

Program Director: adavis@wgr550.com

The only way it will change is if people keep telling them Schopp sucks.

Edited by jeremy2020

I also like the fact that I've heard Sal and Bulldog both talk running/track&field, soccer, and other sports in a positive manner without talking condescending toward those sports. Enjoying today's show very muchGreat work Sal and Bulldog Let's Go Buffalo

I rarely, if ever complain about talk show hosts. I get what they are trying do. I understand the format and the dynamics involved. They all try to carve out a niche. They are what they are.

With that said, Bulldog is probably the least prepared person I have ever heard on the radio. It's like he walks into the studio and has no idea what the topics are for the day. What he offers is what he can think of off the top of his head and that amounts to a dinner of dry rice cakes.

Sal is leagues above Bulldog. Even Bulldogs nickname lacks any type of originality or effort.

That said, I prefer Bulldog to Shopp 100 to 1. I have no idea why Shopp has the job.