Eagles' WR Riley Cooper: Whoops!

Your credibility here might just be boosted if you were to take the time to explain what I put in bold. Also, it would seem that both you and TYTT are hung up on the words "Black Culture". Let's call it "Thug Culture" (knowing that in itself it doesn't include all of the traits TYTT was referring to) just to get away from the confusion caused by "Black Culture". We know that not all blacks prescribe to "Thug Culture" and we know that some other skin colors do prescribe to "Thug Culture". Does calling it something else make it easier to have this conversation?

Well it would be like saying being in the Mafia and engaging in criminal behavior is inherent to Italian Culture. That's the same BS I'm arguing against.

With regard to what I know about it, like I said there are quite a few factors at play some internal and some external to the Blacks that have led to some of the sad circumstances that are far too prevalent in Black communities across the country.

I hate trying to type out long explanations of underlying causitive factors for any circumstances on a web forum. I just don't feel doing like that. Guess I need to invest in Speech to Text Software like Dragon for occasions such as this one.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it would be like saying being in the Mafia and engaging in criminal behavior is inherent to Italian Culture. That's the same BS I'm arguing against.

With regard to what I know about it, like I said there are quite a few factors at play some internal and some external to the Blacks that have led to some of the sad circumstances that are far too prevalent in Black communities across the country.

I hate trying to type out long explanations of underlying causitive factors for any circumstances on a web forum. I just don't feel doing like that. Guess I need to invest in Speech to Text Software like Dragon for occasions such as this one.

No one here, especially not me, has stated that anything is inherent to being black. Black Culture is not about being black, it's a lable ascribed to a specific behavioral sub-set. I didn't coin the term, which is a common term, and is not a racial or racist term.

Look at the crime rates on Wall Street and in the Financial sector in general that damn near crippled the World Economy that have gone unpunished. Let's keep feeding the uber wealthy via multi-national corporations, the military industrial complex, the prison industrial complex, etc.

Far too many everyday people are looking in the wrong places for the ills in society. Pitting groups of people that are fighting for FN crumbs while they rob us all blind.

Wake the F up!

Oh I see: You're nuts too. Well, OK then.

Class warfare my ass...nameless and faceless...BS They have names and faces. They're laughing at morons like you.

They do? I laugh back. When the end of days comes, I have land I can work. I have training to survive. They have paper. I have moral fiber and my beliefs and happiness in what I do. So, by most standards, do they. I have met people at the top of life and people at the bottom of life. They are no different, just a different view that got them where they are to what they see today.

Speaking of "pseudo-intellectual BS" and a culture of victim hood, you provide a prime example: class warfare. "They", the nameless, faceless evil rich, are to blame for keeping you down. Well done.

I am as poor as it comes here. I am probably in the bottom 1%, and consider all of you guys 99%'ers. You're all evil to me.

Look at the crime rates on Wall Street and in the Financial sector in general that damn near crippled the World Economy that have gone unpunished. Let's keep feeding the uber wealthy via multi-national corporations, the military industrial complex, the prison industrial complex, etc.

Far too many everyday people are looking in the wrong places for the ills in society. Pitting groups of people that are fighting for FN crumbs while they rob us all blind.

Wake the F up!

You know a lot of about the military industry, the prison, and and multinational coperations? How many have you actually participated in? I mean, surely, you've been enlisted, worked for a #1 Forbes Internationally ranked company, and went to prison to boot? Yeah, real genius you are.

The difference between me and "them" is I can survive on the crumbs. I am against no one. Half of my customers make well in to six figures individually toward their household and, yet, they are no different then me.

That's exactly what I was thinking about you actually. The black culture as you describe it is a rather recent development in this country due to quite a few societal developments that have come to fruition since the 1960s. I know quite a bit about despite what you think.

Black culture...or what I would prefer to call urban culture is a societal issue, not a race issue. The bottom of the ugly truth, it is largely comprised of low income black families who have been raised to rely upon a system of hand outs provided to them by political and powerful groups meant to keep them there and earn off their back. So, you can blame those powers...and I will let you figure out just who that is.

Just read that. The NFL shouldn't have done anything further. Cooper having to face his teammates in the locker room is enough along with the public scrutiny that he''s already received.

Right, and those bunch of hypocritcal folks that want him off the team...those are the ones in the locker room I would give a double tall man to... I don't care if you're Steve Johnson, Michael Vick or Vince Wilfork. If you think your race matters a bit to me and the world then you are a fool.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me. Tell those big men to grow up, shut up and play football. That includes Cooper.

What don't you get here? "Black Culture" is not being used to single out a race, or even the color of one's skin. You can be an African-American or a Negro and not be part of "Black Culture". You can also hail from Scandanavia and be part of "Black Culture".

Hilarious you brought up Etheridge. She came to Durham last year and I went with my wife and another couple. Sold out show and the scene was exactly as you'd expect. Before the show started I went to the mens room and it was completely empty; I had 20 urinals and 7 or 8 stalls to myself. Still used the one next to the wall, though -- I follow proper mens room etiquette.

I remember having a couple of friends in NC who turned me on to Melissa Etheridge before she was really popular. She was awesome and I still think her first album is what all rocker chicks aspire to. But it wasn't until she came out that I looked back at the friends who recommended her and went "Oh...damn...I have no gaydar whatsoever."

Edited by LABillzFan

What don't you get here? "Black Culture" is not being used to single out a race, or even the color of one's skin. You can be an African-American or a Negro and not be part of "Black Culture". You can also hail from Scandanavia and be part of "Black Culture".

Okay Genius, Please tell me what Black Culture is.

By the same token, if you haven't played in the NFL I don't want to see you posting over on TSW. :lol:

You know a lot of about the military industry, the prison, and and multinational coperations? How many have you actually participated in? I mean, surely, you've been enlisted, worked for a #1 Forbes Internationally ranked company, and went to prison to boot? Yeah, real genius you are.

Right, and those bunch of hypocritcal folks that want him off the team...those are the ones in the locker room I would give a double tall man to... I don't care if you're Steve Johnson, Michael Vick or Vince Wilfork. If you think your race matters a bit to me and the world then you are a fool.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me. Tell those big men to grow up, shut up and play football. That includes Cooper.

Don't agree with me dammit! :rolleyes:

Pureed blackberry yogurt?

Sounds healthy and delicious. :lol:

By the same token, if you haven't played in the NFL I don't want to see you posting over on TSW. :lol:

Don't agree with me dammit! :rolleyes:

Sounds healthy and delicious. :lol:

I played in the NFL my name was Beerball Beerball

Okay Genius, Please tell me what Black Culture is.

Now you are just being obtuse. TYTT explained it very well earlier in this thread and I happen to agree with him. I've seen your posts on TSW and the Aud Club and you are a good, informed reasonable poster there. Just because you are at PPP doesn't mean you can abandon those traits.

Now you are just being obtuse. TYTT explained it very well earlier in this thread and I happen to agree with him. I've seen your posts on TSW and the Aud Club and you are a good, informed reasonable poster there. Just because you are at PPP doesn't mean you can abandon those traits.

One of the two biggest pet peeves about mine is just that. Great posters on other parts of a forum and then come to PPP and poop up the place.

The other may be slightly larger. People who only post in PPP or OTW without posting in TSW. Or, worse yet, using the ShoutBox constantly or posting nothing but ridiculous crap on TSW without posting real content on TSW.

A few things:

1. I don't think TYTT or 3rdnlng are racists.

2. The words you use matter.

3. When you take some of the worst traits about individual people and give it the name 'Black' culture, you are (intentionally or not), at a bare minimum, inferring (if not outright saying it) that those poor traits are 'Black' in nature. That's not OK.

4. By definition, 3rd, if you are Black, you are part of Black culture. Your argument about being African-American or Black but not participating in Black Culture is just silly. By your own silly arguments, you should be able to see that the very idea of 'Black Culture' being reduced to the above mentioned traits is silly.

Well thanks for the kind words with regard to my postings on other places, but just because I disagree with him and you doesn't mean I have abandoned well reasoned thought. I wholeheartedly disagree with his definition. You and maybe others agree...Fine by me.