NFL Network

ajzepp

I am still in awe of the fact that there is a 24hr/7day a week all-NFL channel.....

But seriously, does anyone think that this channel has changed how they have viewed the season thus far? I do, very much. I feel much more involved with the other teams around the league......Getting to see all the post game interviews, pre game interviews, coach speak, etc., has really allowed me to see many of the players and coaches in a different light - up close and personal. When I got to see all the Bills stuff, it was like a bonus. Most of us are pretty aware of what is going on with the team on a day to day basis, but seeing and hearing them on the various NFL Network shows is still very interesting.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else feels that this channel has really allowed them to be not just more of a Bills fan, but more of an NFL fan........and whether some of these playoff games are any more interesting because of all that we've learned about these teams during the season via this Network.

I agree. I love the shows where you see all of the coaches' Sunday and Monday press conferences.

Seems like for some reason when they show the Sunday press conferences, most of the Bills coverage centers on Bledsoe rather than MM. Not sure why that is, because most of the other teams coverage feature the coach exclusively.

I hardly watched at all. The shows were very poorly put together and produced. I didn't like any of the hosts (Glen Parker..please). I found it a high school ripoff of SportsCenter. If they spent 1/2 an hour on each team it would have been more interesting. It seemed like a informercial for the New Englands and the Philys.

Id give it an "F"

it was ok. i like the concept. i rarely watched the live shows, but i like the "game of the week" stuff. if the channel were to go away, i wouldn't really miss it.

now, for impact, however, the sirius sat radio NFL channel was HUGE. i listened to that every day. got tons of information. i'd definitely be disappointed if it went off the air.

With the NFL being my unquenchable favorite pastime, it's great to ahve 24/7 coverage. I think Enviro's opine is a tad harsh. True, the dialog could be better written and all the ex-players are mostly a bore, but the programming is still in it's infancy. With such widespread appeal, I believe it will continue to evolve. NFL Films is the major player here, and who doesn't love their act?! Every game is on replay throughout the week, so even blackouters (sp?) can see their teams. Rich Eisen has the greatest job but he needs to step up his performance. AND, quit having the jocks predict outcomes!! It takes up too much time, they're no better suited to it than anybody here and are as much wrong as right. Grade: C+, with major upside.

I have Adelphia Digital Cable and I do not yet have the NFL Network. I am pretty ticked off about it. There is paid programming on Women's Entertainment Channel 124 right now and the NFL Network is not listed anywhere on the guide. Adelphia also just announced another rate increase. That's 2 in 2 years and 4 in the last three years.

Adelphia digital customers can now watch the NFL network on channel 124.

203660[/snapback]

i think some get it some don't depending where you live. i am in the city and get it. this station is pure brilliance. it has immediately joined my flipping rotation. i hope it remains part of the regular lineup and they're not gonna get me hooked and in a couple months tell me it's another $6.95 a month to keep it. :P

With the NFL being my unquenchable favorite pastime, it's great to ahve 24/7 coverage. I think Enviro's opine is a tad harsh. True, the dialog could be better written and all the ex-players are mostly a bore, but the programming is still in it's infancy. With such widespread appeal, I believe it will continue to evolve. NFL Films is the major player here, and who doesn't love their act?! Every game is on replay throughout the week, so even blackouters (sp?) can see their teams. Rich Eisen has the greatest job but he needs to step up his performance. AND, quit having the jocks predict outcomes!! It takes up too much time, they're no better suited to it than anybody here and are as much wrong as right.  Grade: C+, with major upside.

203743[/snapback]

I guess that what I'm trying to say is that it doesn't look like a lot of thought was put into it up front. Hopefuly it does evolve into something good.

Jeff

LOVE the NFL NETWORK!!! love the Playbook show, love the breakdown of the plays... showing plays from different angles, who is looking for what and where... why the QBs threw to a certain area instead of others... love that stuff. all the interviews and stuff are great too... overall, I love the channel. I can always watch something on there at any time of day... I would miss it if it went a way, for sure.

While there is still some work to be done I think it's a nice addition. Point After is excellent, more detail than nfl prime time with the interviews tacked on. I was kind of hoping to see one of the Bills games as game of the week - maybe next year. In Their Own Words is also excellent. They had one on Dick Vermeil that was great and the one on Brian Billick actually made me dislike him less than I originally did.

Hopefully in the offseason they go back to the archives for the classic games. I must of watched the Bills-Titans play off game a half dozen times (only once until the end, the rest of the time I bailed with five minutes left :P )

Overall I'd give it a B- for the first year.

I have Adelphia Digital Cable and I do not yet have the NFL Network. I am pretty ticked off about it. There is paid programming on Women's Entertainment Channel 124 right now and the NFL Network is not listed anywhere on the guide. Adelphia also just announced another rate increase. That's 2 in 2 years and 4 in the last three years.

203773[/snapback]

DirecTV!!!!!

The impact it had on me was a frustrating one, in that, you people come here and tell me how good the NFL network is, while I sit here and wait while Adelphia decides to sh-- or get off the pot.

203939[/snapback]

Sorry, man.......I thought they struck eleventh hour deals with most of the cable providers at the beginning of the season :doh:

good topic.

Game of the Week should win an Emmy, or whatever the hell award they give for TV shows. A throwback show in the NFL Films circa early-mid 70's mold.

(The best one was the pre-season Broncos/Bills game which sits firmly in my TiVo keeper list.)

I didn't like Playbook at first, but grew to like it. They just got better as the season went on. Surprisingly, I liked Parker the best out of them all. He seemed to be right on allot of times, much more than Sharp and Wilcotts. (anyone ever get hypnotized by Sterling Sharp's eyebrows?? They move like claymation when he talks. Weird. I get a kick out of it.)

NFL Replay is great too. A full game, broadcast from both teams' coverage crew,

trimmed of long TO's, commercials, Half Time....awesome. Who wouldn't love this????

Total Access to me is the worst show. Even the music reminds me of cheap public access TV. Rich Eisen.......did you ever think of him when you thought about the NFL? Never. And I still don't. He doesn't fit.

All in all, I love it. I was always dying for anything Football during the offseason, and now I have it.