Richard Sherman - hilarious college email

NoSaint

Soooooo im not a huge richard sherman fan... and i was hoping to tag this on an existing thread instead of starting a new one, but they all seemed too old.... so here we go...

i know many on this board love his antics. i wont lie, i was amused by this one (some adult language, just an fyi)... I present to you an email chain from his dorm listserv at stanford.

http://deadspin.com/time-for-another-overwrought-email-chain-featuring-ric-922762394

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why must people always attempt to judge others based on the way they type or text? just because he didnt fill up his email with big words? im sure it was a spur of the moment thing! Plus he's a !@#$ing millionare. So who cares if he's educated, im pretty sure he's not sitting on his sofa typing and thinking to him self "Hey i bet this guy who has awesome puntuation doesnt make over 100K"

Edited by NisherJr

Why must people always attempt to judge others based on the way they type or text? just because he didnt fill up his email with big words? im sure it was a spur of the moment thing! Plus he's a !@#$ing millionare. So who cares if he's educated, im pretty sure he's not sitting on his sofa typing and thinking to him self "Hey i bet this guy who has awesome puntuation doesnt make over 100K"

Yeah but when you're borderline incoherent it's a problem, not to mention embarrassing for Stanford. Being able to properly communicate is the sign of someone who's intelligent and cares about how they're perceived.

"Stop b____ and f___ adapt" is definitely a phrase I will repeat over the course of the weekend.

At tonight's dinner table, as my nearly 3-year-old daughter struggles to finish her spaghetti? Yep.

Hilarious. If you clean it up....it could teach kids a good lesson. I'm gonna modify it a bit for my kids and let it fly. It a 'roll with the punches' kind of thing but a lot more funny.

We all make spelling and grammatical mistakes. But those of us who went to a college , especially one like Stanford, do not tend to write rambling incoherent notes. Kudos to Sherman for leveraging his physical talent to make big bucks. But he has to fall back on something after his football days are over. And for that , he will need to be able to communicate a little better than what we have seen both on air and in print.

I would be furious, if I were a Stanford student or alumnus, that someone like Sherman might graduate with the same degree as I would.

Stanford should be ashamed of the quality of their "student-athletes."

Edited by ny33

I would be furious, if I were a Stanford student or alumnus, that someone like Sherman might graduate with the same degree as I would.

Stanford should be ashamed of the quality of their "student-athletes."

hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha

Richard?

Oh man, did that remind me of college -- particularly the ridiculous rant by "Sally" and her use of "heteronormative."

Kudos to Sherman (if it's legit).

"Heteronormative" is definitely the new word of the day.

As for Sherman, I'll always have a warm spot in my heart for him after he punked Skip Bayless.

It wasn't the most virtuous act but considering it was Skip Bayless, it was eminently forgivable and in fact, laudable.

But he has to fall back on something after his football days are over. And for that , he will need to be able to communicate a little better than what we have seen both on air and in print.

More trueerer wordz was not everer speakeded.

Signed,

All the less than semi-literate former athletes now working for ESPN and the like.

Edited by transient