What is the greatest prize you and won?

millbank

Been taking a group of seniors to play Bingo once a week. Prizes can be up to $3 - 4 , 000 . Last Friday, i actually won a game, winning $150.00. Have won a few times playing lotteries for small amounts, $143 largest. As child won a transistor radio. Pondered how others have done. Hear of people at the track winning large sums of money or playing the slots. Most people play games of chance or lotteries, enter contests with high and low values. Some have even been on television game shows . Simple question what is the greatest prize you have ever won at anything...?

I won the fantasy football league that a friend of mine does, and made out with roughly $500-$600. Not sure if that counts or not.

When I was in 2nd grade, there was a contest to guess how many jelly beans were in a jar. I used math to figure it out and won the jelly beans (teacher made me give the jar back, so the prize was worth what, a buck? :lol: ).

I won my court case against my slumlord when he tried charging me my security deposit plus an extra $1000 because he had to replace the carpet, paint the walls, and caulk the tub after I had lived there for ~6 years. He ended up having to pay me $800 because in MN, you can sue for twice the deposit plus $200 penalty if a landlord wrongfully withholds your deposit (the judge must've been nice and only charged him the deposit plus $200, even though the trial was totally just like an episode of People's Court, including the slumlord saying, "I raised my right hand and promised to tell the truth, isn't that good enough?!?" :D ).

Won about $1,500 cdn on football picks through the lottery (about $1,200 for going 13 of 13 + plus an additional $300 for a winning pro-line ticket that week)

Before that it was probably about $400 on a Pro-line ticket

Otherwise, the only thing big I can remember winning was $100 for going perfect one week predicting football games on one free online football pool, and winning a Reebok NFL spring jacket on another. I asked if they could send me 2nd prize instead (a football jersey) but they ended up sending me a Detroit Lions coat. Coat was nice until I washed it a couple times and the liner started to fall apart.......

Team MVP Award in basketball and All-Star selection. Played the game at the Aud before a Braves game. Awesome experience for a 17 yr old, dropping long shots through the net as the crowd increased for the Braves/Supersonics game. They would have been 3 pointers in today's game..

Oh! $$? Squat.

So you won the justification for your wife to get a bigger ring. Congrats. :D

Fortunately the drawing was done after the rings were purchased. It was a big event at this jeweler and anyone who bought that weekend was entered into the giveaway.

Edited by shrader

Fortunately the drawing was done after the rings were purchased. It was a big event at this jeweler and anyone who bought that weekend was entered into the giveaway.

Good move.

Most I ever won was $1000 in a SB pool; but the best was winning the trivia night contest in an English country pub. Only Yank in the house and I took the 150 pound prize. Bastards wouldn't even let me buy drinks.