#22 - Can Dareus have a breakout season?

FWIW:

It wasn’t until Week 10 at New England that Dareus resolved to leave his own mortality up to God, and just live his life, and more importantly for the Bills, play his game.

Edited by BuffaloBill
Please do nots copy substantial portions of protected articles.

FWIW:

It wasn’t until Week 10 at New England that Dareus resolved to leave his own mortality up to God, and just live his life, and more importantly for the Bills, play his game.

I just want someone to piss in His cereal, put hot sauce in his jock, or put vinegar in his IV. I never understood how Warren Sapp played so calmly and so well. Maybe that is who Dareus is like, I have seen a little bit of it in his play but I want to see some fire.

I project a total and complete return by Dareus to near dominant status. I normally don't get overly exciting about anything, however, I truly believe he will have an All Pro type season for the Bills. The odd part - I believe the media will attribute as much of it to the new D scheme as it will to Dareus's abilities....Perhaps they can share in the glory....

I project a total and complete return by Dareus to near dominant status. I normally don't get overly exciting about anything, however, I truly believe he will have an All Pro type season for the Bills. The odd part - I believe the media will attribute as much of it to the new D scheme as it will to Dareus's abilities....Perhaps they can share in the glory....

i am of the belief that dareus' support system will have the biggest impact on how he plays this year. family, friends, teammates and coaches, these are the people that will hopefully make him feel comfortable and "at home" and allow him to find peace and emotional security and allow him to just go play some ball and "unleash the beast". talent-wise, there is no question whether or not this kid has what it takes to be a great player. but with everything he has been through in his life, i think a feeling of security is going to be huge for him.

He has already proven what he is capable of and that's a lot. I think with a scheme that will take the pressure off of any one player and all of the added talent at the linebacker position he will help lead this front 7 to an outstanding year!

His head was not in it last year, understandably so. He made a comment after a loss last year that it is just a game. I think he was being more philosophical than anyone thought. I hope he has delt with his grief. Not just for the sake of football.

His head was not in it last year, understandably so. He made a comment after a loss last year that it is just a game. I think he was being more philosophical than anyone thought. I hope he has delt with his grief. Not just for the sake of football.

Everyone deals with death and the ensuing grief differently. I can't imagine what it must have been like to lose a loved one that way. He gets a pass from me. Who's to say whether that tragedy won't affect his entire career. It might. It might even work to make him a better football player. Who knows. Whatever happens though, the NFL is a business and ultimately his play will determing his future financial success. I wish him the best.

i am of the belief that dareus' support system will have the biggest impact on how he plays this year. family, friends, teammates and coaches, these are the people that will hopefully make him feel comfortable and "at home" and allow him to find peace and emotional security and allow him to just go play some ball and "unleash the beast". talent-wise, there is no question whether or not this kid has what it takes to be a great player. but with everything he has been through in his life, i think a feeling of security is going to be huge for him.

Yikes. I was not a believer in the "pussification of the NFL" theory until I read this post.

Edited by CodeMonkey

The issue runs deep with him. With all the loss it was said he was at times scared to even leave his house. This wasnt just one incident, with all the death around him it seems like it was the straw that broke his back.

I expected some sophomore troubles- off season conditioning, or lack there of, often sneaks up on big guys - changing schemes.....

Hopefully we see him really turn it up a notch this year.

If I'm reading what this defense is going to be... I'm guessing he's going to be Kyle's primary backup more than anything. Which isn't a bad thing... having a good rotation of DLmen is a great thing to have.

If I'm reading what this defense is going to be... I'm guessing he's going to be Kyle's primary backup more than anything. Which isn't a bad thing... having a good rotation of DLmen is a great thing to have.

If this is the case, the terrorists have won.

FWIW:

It wasn't until Week 10 at New England that Dareus resolved to leave his own mortality up to God, and just live his life, and more importantly for the Bills, play his game.

So apparently the Bills beat also requires Chris Brown to explore issues of existentialism!?

Yikes. I was not a believer in the "pussification of the NFL" theory until I read this post.

And one man's opinion about Dareus' psychological state is conclusive evidence of the "pussification" of the NFL? Please tell us how players handled the death of siblings and other loved ones back when football was still a man's game?

And one man's opinion about Dareus' psychological state is conclusive evidence of the "pussification" of the NFL? Please tell us how players handled the death of siblings and other loved ones back when football was still a man's game?

I'd venture to say not from friends and family making him feel comfortable or giving him emotional security.

I'd venture to say not from friends and family making him feel comfortable or giving him emotional security.

They pregamed during pregame.

http://www.buffalobi...d5-d6b0fcf1e8e5

#22 in Buffalo Bills countdown.

Was that a sophomore slump caused by situation out of Dareus's control and will he return to first season potential?

Personally I thought his rookie year was his breakout year, he looked like a beast. The defense under Wanny looked absolutely horrible, for many reasons. I'm willing to give individual players a pass on that debacle, provided they show up this year.

I'd like to see the dude show up to camp in shape though, he looked fat last year, and looked just as fat or fatter in mini-camps this year. If they plan on using him as a NT, maybe that's ok, otherwise he should be showing up at 330 or less.

Friends, family and the grieving process are new developments in football, which are eroding the masculinity of the game. You heard it here first.