Patriots' Hernandez arrested in homicide investigation

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the article:

"A spokesman for the Attleborough District Court, which covers Hernandez's town, today confirmed that a warrant has been drawn up but yet not issued by the court."

Sounds like the same holding pattern as yesterday. That they are essentially telling AH and his lawyers "better start working with us or we will file," but we are coming up on 48 hours there. Yesterday it was described as a "paper warrant," which as a term amounts to all the documents have been filled out, and processed but they have yet to enter it into the formal records and the computer system yet.

Edited by NoSaint

From the article:

"A spokesman for the Attleborough District Court, which covers Hernandez's town, today confirmed that a warrant has been drawn up but yet not issued by the court."

Sounds like the same holding pattern as yesterday. That they are essentially telling AH and his lawyers "better start working with us or we will file," but we are coming up on 48 hours there. Yesterday it was described as a "paper warrant," which as a term amounts to all the documents have been filled out, and processed but they have yet to enter it into the formal records and the computer system yet.

Yea I saw that. If you watch the video they say "issued". Your explanation is probably closer to correct. Either way, it appears things are heating up for Aaron.

That story is from yesterday June 21st.

And a good catch.

Unless we've heard otherwise I think the situation is still idle there. That its been 2 days might mean that he's cooperating more, or that they simply gave him a deadline of come meet with us by the end of the weekend or we will be picking you up come Monday.... Or it's a bluff still.

From the article:

He would be stupid to co-operate at this point. They are certainly putting on the pressure though, his 2 other friends must be being very tight lipped as well. They are doing a 3rd search of the house too. They must be looking for a weapon and have a strong suspicion it is there for some reason. If they don't find something and have to convict someone based on material evidence and only have circumstantial, they have a tough hill to climb. Even OJ had material evidence and look where that got the prosecutors.

Edited by bowery4

Yea I saw that. If you watch the video they say "issued". Your explanation is probably closer to correct. Either way, it appears things are heating up for Aaron.

Yea, yesterday morning it was described as issued by espn too.... The thing that leads me to believe not yet is I assume there would be some public record, which I've yet to see or hear about. A few sources have talked about the "paper warrant" though, which on a basic level would seem to connect the reports reasonably. I haven't followed today really, but that's my last impression from yesterday's news cycle.

He would be stupid to co-operate at this point. They are certainly putting on the pressure though, his 2 other friends must be being very tight lipped as well. They are doing a 3rd search of the house too. They must be looking for a weapon and have a strong suspicion it is there for some reason. If they don't find something and have to convict someone based on material evidence and only have circumstantial, they have a tough hill to climb. Even OJ had material evidence and look where that got the prosecutors.

If they stay quiet, it could be a tough one potentially. The destroyed electronics would be important. The quality of the info they get from them could be vital.

If they struggle to produce a story on the murder itself, even the thought to be "gimme" that is obstruction gets mucky. Does a jury convict AH for destroying the security system if they can't reasonably present what would've been on it or who did the smashing, as a for instance? Jury might waffle some.

If you assume the group in the car did it (probably reasonable to run with) - Depending on what was accomplished in the hours between the incident and the cops getting in the house is still a huge variable.

I'm amazed nearly a week in it hasn't been reported who the other two guys were. Seems the police really want to keep the pressure on the guy in the spotlight with the most to lose.

Edited by NoSaint

I'm amazed nearly a week in it hasn't been reported who the other two guys were. Seems the police really want to keep the pressure on the guy in the spotlight with the most to lose.

Interesting. Good point. On the other side of the coin...... that could backfire; whereby if they botch the case THEY will be the ones in the spotlight.

EDIT: "THEY" being the cops.

Edited by jaybee

Interesting. Good point. On the other side of the coin...... that could backfire; whereby if they botch the case THEY will be the ones in the spotlight.

EDIT: "THEY" being the cops.

Just a curiousity, definitely not putting the victim on trial- more related to coverage than the actual man.... but we really don't know anything about him either besides he played linebacker for a semi-pro team that he had to buy his own equipment for (ie essentially an intramural league that if not for hernandezs profession I doubt would be mentioned) and that he and Hernandez dated sisters (who we also don't know anything about). Heck, even his identity was slow to come out.

Maybe I'm taking for granted that the media normally goes off the deep end trying to get every bio and scoop they can but other than Hernandez they don't seem to be presenting the cast of characters in the way that I thought we would have in the pipeline.

When we had helicopters chasing Hernandez I figured we'd have tax returns and doctor records on everybody by the end of the week.

And cadavers.

And truffles, although pigs are also used for that.

Seriously, I've been thinking about the two other friends of AH's who were also at the nightclub and who tried to leave AH's house when the police initially arrived.

While law enforcement cannot unlawfully detain people they must be concerned that the three (because they are free) have been talking with each other in order to get their stories straight.

On the other hand law enforcement is probably following and keeping a close eye on the three and could be hoping to trap them based on their actions post-murder.

The three would ideally like to confer with each other but would have to do so carefully because they have to know they're being watched.

Just a curiousity, definitely not putting the victim on trial- more related to coverage than the actual man.... but we really don't know anything about him either besides he played linebacker for a semi-pro team that he had to buy his own equipment for (ie essentially an intramural league that if not for hernandezs profession I doubt would be mentioned) and that he and Hernandez dated sisters (who we also don't know anything about). Heck, even his identity was slow to come out.

Maybe I'm taking for granted that the media normally goes off the deep end trying to get every bio and scoop they can but other than Hernandez they don't seem to be presenting the cast of characters in the way that I thought we would have in the pipeline.

When we had helicopters chasing Hernandez I figured we'd have tax returns and doctor records on everybody by the end of the week.

This speaks to the point about the two friends of AH.

L.E. has been very Belichickian in their shroud of secrecy.

Anyways, jumping to conclusions, law enforcement knows that the men were together based on security video at a few nightclubs.

They know the men know each other. They undoubtedly have a timeline based on the videos. They know that AH was involved in two prior shootings in his life.

What they appear not to have is a motive (besides a bad temper) and a murder weapon.

edit: They also know that the three amigos were trying to hide/destroy evidence.

This speaks to the point about the two friends of AH.

L.E. has been very Belichickian in their shroud of secrecy.

Anyways, jumping to conclusions, law enforcement knows that the men were together based on security video at a few nightclubs.

They know the men know each other. They undoubtedly have a timeline based on the videos. They know that AH was involved in two prior shootings in his life.

What they appear not to have is a motive (besides a bad temper) and a murder weapon.

edit: They also know that the three amigos were trying to hide/destroy evidence.

Ill give the police credit for being so remarkably on the same page. Normally SOMEONE ends up running their mouth, even if they put a case like this on lockdown. The media attention tempts someone - atleast a janitor in the room that mightve overheard something. The leaks/sources seem pretty well controlled and directed. It'll be interesting when the curtains pulled back to see the basis for the strategy.

Just give it to him.

Yea, yesterday morning it was described as issued by espn too.... The thing that leads me to believe not yet is I assume there would be some public record, which I've yet to see or hear about. A few sources have talked about the "paper warrant" though, which on a basic level would seem to connect the reports reasonably. I haven't followed today really, but that's my last impression from yesterday's news cycle.

If they stay quiet, it could be a tough one potentially. The destroyed electronics would be important. The quality of the info they get from them could be vital.

If they struggle to produce a story on the murder itself, even the thought to be "gimme" that is obstruction gets mucky. Does a jury convict AH for destroying the security system if they can't reasonably present what would've been on it or who did the smashing, as a for instance? Jury might waffle some.

If you assume the group in the car did it (probably reasonable to run with) - Depending on what was accomplished in the hours between the incident and the cops getting in the house is still a huge variable.

Addressing these issues above.

I would think the cleaning people would be a focus of LE, as well. I wonder if they all just got paid to disappear (and took stuff with them?). I also wonder what is in the 10 bags of evidence LE just brought out? Laundry (the hoodies they were in that night)? Drugs? Whatever it is a 3rd seach seems like they are grasping. Tho I suppose it is a big house :rolleyes:.

Sound like they've got nothing on him, including obstruction. Just trying to squeeze him for more info.

They most definitely have at least obstruction on him. A damaged cell phone and surveillance system, and getting his house cleaned are attempts to destroy evidence. Whether they have more is anyone's guess, but it will take time to recover whatever they can from the cell phone and surveillance system, as well as analyze what they found at his home.

And while he may beat serious charges, there's enough there for Goodell to suspend him for awhile. Hell the gun allegation is enough to do it under the PCP.

They most definitely have at least obstruction on him. A damaged cell phone and surveillance system, and getting his house cleaned are attempts to destroy evidence. Whether they have more is anyone's guess, but it will take time to recover whatever they can from the cell phone and surveillance system, as well as analyze what they found at his home.

And while he may beat serious charges, there's enough there for Goodell to suspend him for awhile. Hell the gun allegation is enough to do it under the PCP.

The allegation alone isn't, or I'd be saying lets allege some stuff against our rivals. The nfl is doing some serious investigating currently I'm sure though.

The allegation alone isn't, or I'd be saying lets allege some stuff against our rivals. The nfl is doing some serious investigating currently I'm sure though.

I said "allegations" but I'm betting it's more than just that. Given recent events.