What are the chances.... (Home opener related)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

99% for Hernandez b.c Goodell will suspend him even if he beats it.

Gronk is unknown I say 40% the 12 week recovery puts him in track for 2 days after the Bills game. We all know athletes don't heal on the same time table. You won't know till the Pats take him off pup list. They have till the last day in Aug after that Gronk can't be cleared to play till after week 6.

Its so pathetic we have to hope for surgery, murder and FA attrition to not get dominated by our division rival year in, year out.

Actually we just have to hope for a QB who doesn't LIKE to turn the ball over. If you actually look at it the Bills actually give the Pats problems just our QB was guaranteed to give you a turnover when you most needed him.

Edited by EJ3

And without knowing whether the Bills are good, bad or average...what would you say are the chances we win the game if neither TE can suit up for the Pats*?

I'd have to say without those guys, we're approaching EJ3's 50/50 mark. If Gilmore can lock down Amendola, there aren't any real matchup problems for them to exploit. It levels the playing field to an extent.

Its so pathetic we have to hope for surgery, murder and FA attrition to not get dominated by our division rival year in, year out.

A few years ago when the Bills had an inordinate amount of injuries going into a game against New England, a smug Patriots fan said to me that injuries are not an excuse. Teams must over come injury. Every team has injuries, every team has attrition and sadly many have suspensions. It is not pathetic it is the nature of the league.

A few years ago when the Bills had an inordinate amount of injuries going into a game against New England, a smug Patriots fan said to me that injuries are not an excuse. Teams must over come injury. Every team has injuries, every team has attrition and sadly many have suspensions. It is not pathetic it is the nature of the league.

I think he/she meant the "hope for" part was pathetic, not the actual injury/arrest part.

Actually we just have to hope for a QB who doesn't LIKE to turn the ball over. If you actually look at it the Bills actually give the Pats problems just our QB was guaranteed to give you a turnover when you most needed him.

Or Punt Returner..

I think he/she meant the "hope for" part was pathetic, not the actual injury/arrest part.

I wasn't hoping for Aaron Hernandez to be involved in a homicide, I was hoping Brady would. Just kidding, kind of. Seriously though, I think most teams, coaches and fans would prefer an opponent that is not at full strength. Do you think that the Patriots would have rather faced the Ravens without Falco, Reed and Lewis?

I wasn't hoping for Aaron Hernandez to be involved in a homicide, I was hoping Brady would. Just kidding, kind of. Seriously though, I think most teams, coaches and fans would prefer an opponent that is not at full strength. Do you think that the Patriots would have rather faced the Ravens without Falco, Reed and Lewis?

No doubt, Shane Falco is a nightmare for DCs everywhere.

Let's assume that the only charge Hernandez is booked on is obstruction of justice. He's suspended four games.

Do the Patriots and Hernandez appeal the suspension until Gronk is healthy, or have Hernandez sit the first four games of the year?

I cant envision Gronk being ready. He has a history of speeding up recovery which causes a reoccurring injury. With 't something this serious, I don't think Big Bill is going to but his Million Dollar Baby on the line vs. a rebuilding franchise.

Hernandez, on the other hand, can almost be slotted in as out. Whether it be incarceration or suspension, he won't be playing.

The real question this topic is missing:

What kind of impact will having only one, or very possibly none, of their star TE's have on the outcome of the game?

They will dress Gronk, likely, and use him has a distraction. He will likely not play.

I'd say slim to none we see Hernandez and put gronk at a coin flip. If there are no more setbacks odds are he plays, if there's any hiccup it gets real slim real quick.

Edited by NoSaint

99% for Hernandez b.c Goodell will suspend him even if he beats it.

Gronk is unknown I say 40% the 12 week recovery puts him in track for 2 days after the Bills game. We all know athletes don't heal on the same time table. You won't know till the Pats take him off pup list. They have till the last day in Aug after that Gronk can't be cleared to play till after week 6.

Thats fair, Ralph- I just wanted to be smart ass..... the worst stonger of all if the McKelvin return = loss ot the Pats.... that one hurt

Bingo, Cursed. I have been on a few Bills MB's today, all of them have a thread about "chances" in the season opener now due to RG's surgery, Hitman Hernandez's legal challenges, Welker leaving, Brady's perrenial decline that started in 2009....

I love the Bills, but it articulates how far we have from the grace of the great teams and management of the later 80's and most of the 90's. I guess the Chefs, Faiders and Chargers all prayed for Elway to decline, Smith to get suspended, Davis to get hurt and need surgery... but man, just once I wanted to see this organization get is right a reclaim the top of the East without wishful thinking....

I cant envision Gronk being ready. He has a history of speeding up recovery which causes a reoccurring injury. With 't something this serious, I don't think Big Bill is going to but his Million Dollar Baby on the line vs. a rebuilding franchise.

Hernandez, on the other hand, can almost be slotted in as out. Whether it be incarceration or suspension, he won't be playing.

The real question this topic is missing:

What kind of impact will having only one, or very possibly none, of their star TE's have on the outcome of the game?

Don't forget no Wes Welker either. We are going to spank their asses!