What is the highest speed you have driven car or truck.

millbank

First, I'd like to say i absolutely LOVE this topic. Thank you for the get away from the rest of the everyday offseason crap. Heres my list of cars and the speeds ive driven in them:

Ford Tempo- 95

Ford Ranger- 95

Pontiac Sunbird- 120

Chevy Lumina- 109 limiter at 110 I think

Ford Mustang- can't remember, around 100

Oldsmobile Alero- 114 limiter at 115 I think

Mercedes C230- 130+

I've also driven a late model NASCAR stock car, without a speed limit available, the spotter said I was probably around 110. That was recently at Lancaster Speedway

I've also been shotgun in a Eagle Talon TSI at 154 on the QEW. Scary as hell. We were going so fast I thought the mirrors were going to fly off.

I'd like to take this topic a little farther. What is your favorite song to drive to? Or the song that I scantly feeds your need for speed or driving with wreckless abandonment.

For me it's Shoot to Thrill by AC/DC I have this one readily available to me at all times and if I hear it I'm automatically speeding and swerving in and out of lanes like I'm in a Fast and Furious movie.

When I was a senior in high school i used to peel out of the school parking lot in time with the chorus of "Ramble On"

Conversely, on the last day of school i pulled IN to the parking lot in time with Sweet Emotion, just as they do in Dazed and Confused on their last day of school.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably 105 then I saw the cop.

Often when I purchased a new vehicle have looked at speedometer and pondered just how fast the car could travel, but rather have had the courage or been so stupid to see what the top speed I could drive a particular car or truck. Thinking on it 80 miles per hour is about the highest i have driven this testing a Ford Taurus out in the country was nervous about getting caught speeding or harming myself or others for that matter. Can recall riding in car with salesmen between Winnipeg and Regina, This nut reached speeds of 110 +.. This the fastest speeds in car I have experienced. Scary as anything... Simple question what is the highest speed you have reached in your vehicle and for what reason. What is the highest speed in a car, truck or motorcycle you have experienced?

Wow 80 in CA is what you need to do just to keep up with the flow of traffic.

My 93 Nissan Sentra would max out, make an odd sound, and stop accellerating at around 117

My 92 Saturn SC2 maxed out around 120

My 95 Buick Lesabre eclipsed the 120 mark

And I got an 07 Honda Odyssey over 120. 120+ In a mother!@#$in minivan. What up!?

Pretty much pushed anything to the limit back when I had no kids.

Best or worst story was on my Norton 750 Commando in January driving between Boulder and Denver. Dry road and late I had it around 110 MPH when I blew past the radar. I was 5 miles down the road before they even started pursuit. It was daytime and I was in no mood to outrun them although I think I could have. I was arrested for reckless driving, speeding, and wasting natural resources (gas) I believe it was during the gas embargo crisis. The bike was towed and I had to be bailed out. They had zero sense of humor back then. They did mention that even driving in the cold on a bike was nuts enough, much less driving north of 100mph. Man I still miss that bike.

wasting natural resources

That is some damn good ticket writing right there. In prison we do the same kind of thing with the inmates. Sorry to hear of your bad luck, but man, that cop was good.

Did you drop it out of an airplane?

little fun fact, the 1990s box style Mustang GT was completely unable to drive past 120mph due to wind resistance.

That is some damn good ticket writing right there. In prison we do the same kind of thing with the inmates. Sorry to hear of your bad luck, but man, that cop was good.

little fun fact, the 1990s box style Mustang GT was completely unable to drive past 120mph due to wind resistance.

That car was one ugly POS. The other guitarist in my band in college had that car and I was like "dude, what'd they do to the Mustang?!"

265 HP under the hood. Don't doubt the Odyssey.

lol. Funny story, when I was at Lancaster speedway, the spotter was yelling at me when I first pulled out "that thing has over 500HP and right now your using about 80, get on the gas"

That's all I needed to put my foot to the floor.

When I drove from Rochester to Chicago, I hit 130mph in my '90 Eagle Talon AWD Turbo when I was driving across Indiana. It was an open stretch of highway, straight, where you could see for miles ahead.

I've caught myself doing 95 a few times in my old '99 Toyota Camry. Didn't feel like it was that fast, and when I noticed, I quickly reduced the speed and put the cruise control on.

Looks like I'm the slow poke in the group though. :D

First, I'd like to say i absolutely LOVE this topic. Thank you for the get away from the rest of the everyday offseason crap. Heres my list of cars and the speeds ive driven in them:

Ford Tempo- 95

Ford Ranger- 95

Pontiac Sunbird- 120

Chevy Lumina- 109 limiter at 110 I think

Ford Mustang- can't remember, around 100

Oldsmobile Alero- 114 limiter at 115 I think

Mercedes C230- 130+

I've also driven a late model NASCAR stock car, without a speed limit available, the spotter said I was probably around 110. That was recently at Lancaster Speedway

I've also been shotgun in a Eagle Talon TSI at 154 on the QEW. Scary as hell. We were going so fast I thought the mirrors were going to fly off.

I'd like to take this topic a little farther. What is your favorite song to drive to? Or the song that I scantly feeds your need for speed or driving with wreckless abandonment.

For me it's Shoot to Thrill by AC/DC I have this one readily available to me at all times and if I hear it I'm automatically speeding and swerving in and out of lanes like I'm in a Fast and Furious movie.

I totally agree! This is a cool thread!

80-85 in the 1976 Ford Granada in 1979 along I 10 in California

80-85 in the 1995 Ford Taurus in 1996 along. I

10 in California