Let's update that 53 man bad boy!!

After what I've seen thus far and the people that I've talked to here's my updated projection for final 53 man Bills roster (subject to change):

QB: Manuel/Kolb

RB: Spiller/FJax/Choice (could really use a big back)

FB: Summers (not a shoe in; V. Leach is available)

TE: Chandler/L. Smith/Dickerson/Gragg (could be improved and then reduce 4 to 3)

WR: S. Johnson/Woods/Graham/Rogers/Goodwin/B. Smith (watch out for Hogan says an insider)

OT: Glenn/Hairston/Pears/Young/Sanders

OG: Urbik/C. Brown (watch out for C. Scott says an insider)

OC: Wood/Legursky

K: Hopkins (not a shoe in)

P: Powell

LS: Sanborn

DT: K. Williams/Dareus/Branch/Carrington/Troup (could use another athletic big man; R. Bernard and R. Seymour are both available)

DE/OLB: Ma. Williams/Lawson/Anderson/Hughes/Br. Scott (Pough and Blatnick are both good players who make the PS)

ILB: Bradham/Alonso/Moats/Dowtin

SS: A. Williams/Searcy/Meeks (Meeks is on the bubble; AW is the fashizzle)

FS: Byrd/D. Williams (DW can play S and CB)

CB: Gilmore/McKelvin/Brooks/Rogers/Robey/Butler (only an average group; could use at least one vet CB addition; Robey can really cover the slot)

Really wish we could keep almost every receiver, whether stash them on PS or something . Too much young, and unproven talent, and it is a bit of a crap shoot which ones will turn out best for us.Like the year we drafted stevie and hardy, the one that works out for us can surprise. I am personally surprised Brad Smith is still on the team. I would rather cut him and have these younger guys develop into something. Brad smith isn't much more than a 4th receiver anyway. And is wildcat is a bummer, and we have enough special team folks

Makes me realize how much we are hurting in the LB department. Hoping that Alonso plays like a 3rd year all pro. Bradham looks promising but doesn't have blazing speed. IMO , when we played smith from the wildcat he got first downs almost every down. I question what part he'll play this year since we have such young talent on the team. Was less than impressed with his return capability next to McKelvin.

Rubes, Do you mean ILB Bart Scott?? If so, yes, he's still available. The only problem with him is that he's a lil long in the tooth (over 30). I think Whaley/Marrone are favoring the youth movement at least to the extent that they're not looking to sin vet FAs over 30. For instance, they signed Legursky as opposed to B. Moore (33). With 23 yr old Manuel ready to take the reigns of this team very soon the Bills are looking to bring in guys close to his age (certainly not over 30) so that they can grow together. The few Bills vets that are over 30 (Lindell/Pears/B. Scott/B. Smith/FJax) will be scrutinized for sure to determine their value to the team. The Bills already released 30 yr old TJax (one of the six players on the roster that are 30 or over). I think FJax is safe as well a B. Scott, at least for another year. However, Lindell/Pears/Smith are not safe. If they're competition plays equally well they could be gone. I, myself, would not cut Smith (he just too good on ST and too versatile, especially when injuries hit hard) or Pears (not a lot of high quality depth at OT).

Stashing any of our new wideouts on the PS is not going to be easy unless one of them pulls a ganubie during TC. There are lots of teams that need WRs.

Depends who the receiver is. A team has to put a practice squad player on their active 53 when you poach one. Marcus Easley was very comfortable sitting on the PS for most of 2012.

I think Legursky will be the starting LG on Day one of the season.

Don't be surprised if Aaron Williams returns back to CB.

Dickerson may be the H-Back instead of a true Full back. That allows them to retain the three TEs.

Really wish we could keep almost every receiver, whether stash them on PS or something . Too much young, and unproven talent, and it is a bit of a crap shoot which ones will turn out best for us.Like the year we drafted stevie and hardy, the one that works out for us can surprise. I am personally surprised Brad Smith is still on the team. I would rather cut him and have these younger guys develop into something. Brad smith isn't much more than a 4th receiver anyway. And is wildcat is a bummer, and we have enough special team folks

That's true of most teams' fourth-sixth wide receivers.

It's unlikely that they will all develop, and Smith is a proven solid wideout/returner; there is no reason to keep Easley over him, for example.

As for the depth chart, I think Justin Rogers and either Moats or Dowtin get cut.