Last Call at RF365

that is a nice link steve. kiko and petitine seem like a match made in football heaven. i am seriously enthused about the future of this team. i bought some kool-aid packets and a new glass pitcher. some encouraging pre-season game play could get me to think about mixing up a batch. i believe pre-season play says a lot- not the whole story- but it can be a good read.

i'm starting to like this site- it's easy to read without having to login, login is easy (once you get the password) and the bouncers / chinese government officials seem to have figured out we're harmless.

we can post "articles" as threads on TSW and then link 'em back here. here is an example of one i posted not too long ago about marrone.

http://forums.twobil...nce-chuck-knox/

bf-bob is one stubborn sob! tell him there are some nice jason peterson threads here. can you say "fat bass turd"?

peace.

Edited by jethro_tull

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve, I LOVE reading that about Alonzo!! Man I hope it's true!! The Bills run defense has been basically non existent for years. I was a huge Puz fan but even I had to admit that the majority of his tackles were downfield.........wayyyyy downfield.

I'd love the Bills to have a guy who could smack a running back and bring him to a complete stop at the line of scrimmage! BAM! Here's hoping......

Any good news about the Offense??? I really hope Chandler brings it this year. He's a huge, strong guy and I think he has so much potential. I hope he becomes the Bills version of Gronk. Again......here's hoping............

I got an email from Goose this morning. They sent him his password but it still doesn't work! He's soooooo frustrated. I just think it's so bizarre that he could post that first day over here then all of a sudden he couldn't...........What a mess.

when in doubt. It's user error.

I just logged in with his credentials. Easy-peasy. I assume he was using the wrong name, so I sent him that too.

Steve, I LOVE reading that about Alonzo!! Man I hope it's true!! The Bills run defense has been basically non existent for years. I was a huge Puz fan but even I had to admit that the majority of his tackles were downfield.........wayyyyy downfield.

I'd love the Bills to have a guy who could smack a running back and bring him to a complete stop at the line of scrimmage! BAM! Here's hoping......

Any good news about the Offense??? I really hope Chandler brings it this year. He's a huge, strong guy and I think he has so much potential. I hope he becomes the Bills version of Gronk. Again......here's hoping............

I got an email from Goose this morning. They sent him his password but it still doesn't work! He's soooooo frustrated. I just think it's so bizarre that he could post that first day over here then all of a sudden he couldn't...........What a mess.

It sounds like we have a good crop of WR's this year. IMO, I think the Bills will keep 6 WR's: SJ, Woods, Goodwin, Graham, Rogers and Brad Smith. The offense has been going at a very rapid pace in the OTA's (getting off snaps in 8-10 seconds between plays). Here's what SJ had to say about the WR's & offense: http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Stevie-Johnson-on-Offense-and-2-WR/26edf5ad-04ac-4b4a-8466-dafd482863e0

The O-line is a concern with both Pears & Hairston coming back from injuries battling it out for the RT position, plus the absence of Levitre. I'm hoping Hackett will properly utilize the talent on his roster and give Spiller & Freddie the ball much more often than what Cooter did. Spiller should run the ball 20-25 times a game. With a new offensive system and a lot of younger WR's on the team, running the ball more would make more sense this season.

that is a nice link steve. kiko and petitine seem like a match made in football heaven. i am seriously enthused about the future of this team. i bought some kool-aid packets and a new glass pitcher. some encouraging pre-season game play could get me to think about mixing up a batch. i believe pre-season play says a lot- not the whole story- but it can be a good read.

i'm starting to like this site- it's easy to read without having to login, login is easy (once you get the password) and the bouncers / chinese government officials seem to have figured out we're harmless.

we can post "articles" as threads on TSW and then link 'em back here. here is an example of one i posted not too long ago about marrone.

http://forums.twobil...nce-chuck-knox/

bf-bob is one stubborn sob! tell him there are some nice jason peterson threads here. can you say "fat bass turd"?

peace.

That's nice to know. I was wondering why my post was transferred.

The defense got a ton of pressure in OTA's without some 1st stringers in the lineup (KW, Dareus & McKelvin). That could mean some different things: Pettine is smart and is maximizing the talent he has available; the O-line is that bad; or a combo of both. Kyle Williams was hampered two years in a row with 2 different heel injuries. I hope KW will be able to come back healthy and we can see him return to his old form. I know a lot of people are down on Dareus because he hasn't made the Probowl yet (given he was a #3 pick in the draft). Dareus lost his brother lost year and that's a very devastating thing to go through, so people need to give him some slack. If players on the D can stay healthy, such as KW, Dareus, MW, plus with the infusion of new talent (Jerry Hughes, Alan Branch, Kiko Alonzo), as well as the further development of our draft picks (Gilmore & Carrington) it's possible that the defense we were expecting last year could happen this year. I still don't want to drink the kool-aid and get my hopes up just to be let down again (the Bills are like the movie "Groundhog Day," same disappointing thing year after year).

Edited by Jerry Jabber

Nellie, dude.....sell the kool-aid at a discount!! NOW!!! I fear this season's gonna be baaaaaaaaad.......mainly 'cuz......the Bills have no Quarterback!!! Kolb???.....Their season is basicalling hinging on Kevin Kolb.......sigh.................that's all I have to say about that..........

Nellie, dude.....sell the kool-aid at a discount!! NOW!!! I fear this season's gonna be baaaaaaaaad.......mainly 'cuz......the Bills have no Quarterback!!! Kolb???.....Their season is basicalling hinging on Kevin Kolb.......sigh.................that's all I have to say about that..........

One thing is for sure, the Bills will never be a playoff team until they get a good QB. Is Kolb better than Fitz? Who knows? Will Manuel pan out and be the QB that the Bills desparately need? Only time will tell.

For those sipping on the Pettine kool-aid, you might want to hold off a little bit before taking another sip.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/158986-criticism-of-pettine-from-jets-nation/

"An ESPN blurb I picked up via PFT this morning seems to imply criticism of Bills new DC Mike Pettine."

"Ironically the criticism is that the Jets defense was not aggressive enough over the last two seasons when Pettine assumed a larger role in the defensive play calling. Considering that the Bills D seemed to be blitz crazy during OTAs and minicamp this offseason, the allegations seem strange to say the least.

But apparently the statistics back up the claims:"

http://espn.go.com/b...rand-of-defense

"The statistics don't lie. Here's a breakdown of the Jets' blitz percentage (5+ pass rushers) over the past four seasons, according to ESPN Stats & Information: 52.4 percent in '09 (first in NFL), 44.7 percent in '10 (third), 32.8 percent in '11 (12th) and 34.0 percent in '12 (11th). Detect a trend? In fairness to Pettine, he lost the top corner in football, Darrelle Revis, which may have caused him to become more cautious. Yet when I mentioned that alibi to two players, they shot it down, saying Antonio Cromartie capably replaced Revis as the No. 1 corner. I'll say this: The defense will be fun to watch in 2013."

It should be interesting to see how Pettine's defense will unfold this season and how well Pettine makes adjustments.

Through the help of Administrator Scott I'm finally able to log on---Thanks Scott!! Now I'm trying to learn the navigation of this site as many things are different even the simple things like starting a new paragraph.

Through the help of Administrator Scott I'm finally able to log on---Thanks Scott!! Now I'm trying to learn the navigation of this site as many things are different even the simple things like starting a new paragraph.

Welcome to the site. I have to use the toggle switch in the upper left corner. Toggle off I can create paragraphs, toggle on I can use the other functions (bold, underline etc.). I'm assuming that this is due to my work browser. If this doesn't make sense send me a PM. There is a customer service forum where you or anyone else can post questions like this. That will ensure that they get answered.http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/forum/11-customer-service/

out of curiosity i am responding to this to see how difficult it is to start a new paragraph.

I did a double <enter> and hit the space bar 5 times to indent a new paragraph. I am soon going to post this response and see how it looks in the thread view. I want to see if there is anything tricky about creating new paragraphs.

Forgive me for the rambling but I have never put any thought into how to format posts in paragraph form. Here goes, I am almost ready to hit post and then see how the post looks with <returns> and spaces as indents.

I thought It was me- :thumbsup: I'll get the hang of it eventually.... The tip on the toggle switch did the trick!!

Now I I'm trying to find out who is who from 365 as names and avatars are different ...

Joma-same

Nellie--Tull

CG--same

Steve--Jabber

3D-same

Mikey from Colorado--???

I saw 8 & 8 and not sure of the others that post here...

out of curiosity i am responding to this to see how difficult it is to start a new paragraph.

I did a double <enter> and hit the space bar 5 times to indent a new paragraph. I am soon going to post this response and see how it looks in the thread view. I want to see if there is anything tricky about creating new paragraphs.

Forgive me for the rambling but I have never put any thought into how to format posts in paragraph form. Here goes, I am almost ready to hit post and then see how the post looks with <returns> and spaces as indents.

So what you're saying is in order to indent five spaces, you hit the space bar five times.

And if you hit the enter button two times, it will drop two lines.

This is really easy.

I wonder what would happen if I hit the space bar six times. Would it make the paragraph look funny?

I'm testing that out to see if it's still legible. This is crazy. I feel so alive.

oddly enough, when you 'quote' someone's response it appears the formatting goes away

So what you're saying is in order to indent five spaces, you hit the space bar five times.

And if you hit the enter button two times, it will drop two lines.

This is really easy.

I wonder what would happen if I hit the space bar six times. Would it make the paragraph look funny?

I'm testing that out to see if it's still legible. This is crazy. I feel so alive.

Welcome to the site. I have to use the toggle switch in the upper left corner. Toggle off I can create paragraphs, toggle on I can use the other functions (bold, underline etc.). I'm assuming that this is due to my work browser.

I have that problem at work, IE is screwy and I have to use the toggle switch, or I can use Firefox with no issues.

welcome jgoose22!

very slow bills news, nfl news. hopefully none of the players will get into trouble on their time off. they really need to follow a few simple rules and they will be ok.

1. keep your guns at home and safely locked.

2. always have a dedicated driver.

3. keep your drunk ass off of twitter.

welcome jgoose22!

very slow bills news, nfl news. hopefully none of the players will get into trouble on their time off. they really need to follow a few simple rules and they will be ok.

1. keep your guns at home and safely locked.

2. always have a dedicated driver.

3. keep your drunk ass off of twitter.

But some of that offseason drama was fun!! Whitner gettin' tazed, Marshawn driving away from a hit 'n run with weave dangling in his grill..............also, didn't Marshawn steal $20 from a Cop's wife?!! Good times...............

Any of you all watching the NBA Finals?? I saw the end of game 6. Man, those dudes are HUGE!!!!!!!!!!! I only watch College Hoops so I'm not used to seeing such big guys. That was quite a battle tonight. It was kinda fun to watch.

Bilz has been watching the entire NBA playoffs....only not live. He records it 'cause I'm such a hag that I won't let him watch it live... I suck!

I pull the ol', 'I'll go in the bedroom and watch TV' or 'I'll stay with my Mom....'

I'm trying REALLY hard to get my mind ready to watch game 7 on Thursday. A nice chick would let her fella watch the final game!! I'm gonna try.............(but I don't want to...........)

Edited by Cowgirl