Last Call at RF365

Well it had to happen sooner or later but our Bills fans semi-private meeting place known as Realfootball356.com has been off line for almost (2) weeks and had not been publishing user submitted articles for several weeks.

Formerly a very active NFL and NCAA site since 2006 with a scattering of dedicated writers, the site has been user articles only for the last 3 or 4 years or so. The articles were submitted by members (sans compensation) and then published by the admin. Nearly 99% of these articles and the comments that followed (sometimes nearing 1000 comments) were submitted by a handful of Buffalo Bills fans. It was often commented on that we Bills fans were the only ones keeping the site alive- and we frequently questioned when the lights would be turned off. I guess we have an answer to that question.

TSW is an awesome site for Bills fans, and is thriving like minnows in the Niagara river. But RF365 transcended Bills and football commentary. We knew each other- and nothing "off topic" was verbotten. I likened it to our virtual Wally Bobeks, a hole in the wall virtual tavern where we could speak our minds and vent some steam and often in politically incorrect (but friendly) dialogue. Politics, religion, WNY food, sports, family life, health issues, business, holiday greetings, jokes and humor- everything was on the table. I know many do participate on TSW under different names, and maybe we can all reconvene on this site in a new sub-forum.

Please forgive me if I missed anyone, but here is a list of those who were still standing at the last call.

Goose

greg s

Gary g

Bflobob8

Bilzrock

Cowgirl

anello1960

ddd

steveb

joma

mikey from colorado

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it had to happen sooner or later but our Bills fans semi-private meeting place known as Realfootball356.com has been off line for almost (2) weeks and had not been publishing user submitted articles for several weeks.

Formerly a very active NFL and NCAA site since 2006 with a scattering of dedicated writers, the site has been user articles only for the last 3 or 4 years or so. The articles were submitted by members (sans compensation) and then published by the admin. Nearly 99% of these articles and the comments that followed (sometimes nearing 1000 comments) were submitted by a handful of Buffalo Bills fans. It was often commented on that we Bills fans were the only ones keeping the site alive- and we frequently questioned when the lights would be turned off. I guess we have an answer to that question.

TSW is an awesome site for Bills fans, and is thriving like minnows in the Niagara river. But RF365 transcended Bills and football commentary. We knew each other- and nothing "off topic" was verbotten. I likened it to our virtual Wally Bobeks, a hole in the wall virtual tavern where we could speak our minds and vent some steam and often in politically incorrect (but friendly) dialogue. Politics, religion, WNY food, sports, family life, health issues, business, holiday greetings, jokes and humor- everything was on the table. I know many do participate on TSW under different names, and maybe we can all reconvene on this site in a new sub-forum.

Please forgive me if I missed anyone, but here is a list of those who were still standing at the last call.

Goose

greg s

Gary g

Bflobob8

Bilzrock

Cowgirl

anello1960

ddd

steveb

joma

mikey from colorado

Got me. I am mikey From Colorado

Goose

greg s

Gary g

Bflobob8

Bilzrock

Cowgirl

anello1960

ddd

steveb

joma

mikey from colorado

I was very active and very much enjoyed RF365 when it stuck to football. When it switched to politics and religion, I bailed. Please don't turn TSW into a politics/religion rant board. If the moderators allow this, this board will be at risk as well. There are all kinds of places to debate the non-Bills, non-football stuff. This is the only place left where it is all football and pretty much all-Bills. Buffalo Rumblings is Ok, but that is a commercial site that ultimately is about selling you stuff. That will be the last refuge for Bills fans if TSW goes all politics/religion.

TSW is an awesome site for Bills fans, and is thriving like minnows in the Niagara river.

But RF365 transcended Bills and football commentary. We knew each other- and nothing "off topic" was verbotten. I likened it to our virtual Wally Bobeks, a hole in the wall virtual tavern where we could speak our minds and vent some steam and often in politically incorrect (but friendly) dialogue. Politics, religion, WNY food, sports, family life, health issues, business, holiday greetings, jokes and humor- everything was on the table. I know many do participate on TSW under different names, and maybe we can all reconvene on this site in a new sub-forum.

Well, welcome to TBD and TSW. For Jethro_Tull, I'd recommend some of the other fine forums on TBD, such as OTW and PPP. You might want to check out the Last Post Wins thread in OTW. It's as close to a daily Bills fan blog as it gets in these parts. :beer:

I was very active and very much enjoyed RF365 when it stuck to football. When it switched to politics and religion, I bailed. Please don't turn TSW into a politics/religion rant board. If the moderators allow this, this board will be at risk as well. There are all kinds of places to debate the non-Bills, non-football stuff. This is the only place left where it is all football and pretty much all-Bills. Buffalo Rumblings is Ok, but that is a commercial site that ultimately is about selling you stuff. That will be the last refuge for Bills fans if TSW goes all politics/religion.

For you 8-8 4ever... not so much. Please just stay on TSW and don't venture out any further. Your feelings might get hurt.

Once again, Scott - thank you for making this place what it has been and remains today and hopefully at least until The Bills win their third SuperBowl Championship - THE GREATEST BILLS FAN SITE EVER! :worthy:

Anyone who wants to debate politics can go to PPP. Anyone who wants to talk non football stuff can go to OTW. Anyone who wants to a good place to talk about all things relating to where we all grew up - WNY and Bills country can stick around. From talk about Wegmans and where you usetacould race your car in Buffalo to who took Thurmans helmet and all things Mario Williams.

This site is not too bad, especially after being ground up so much and left in the freezer.

Anyone who wants to debate politics can go to PPP. Anyone who wants to talk non football stuff can go to OTW. Anyone who wants to a good place to talk about all things relating to where we all grew up - WNY and Bills country can stick around. From talk about Wegmans and where you usetacould race your car in Buffalo to who took Thurmans helmet and all things Mario Williams.

This site is not too bad, especially after being ground up so much and left in the freezer.

Debate. Lol

Wally Bobek's?

For a generation that place was Wally obek's.

Anyways to the topic, I remember that Connor Byrne wrote for RF365 but after he left, it wasn't quite the same.

Mrs. Bobek once gave me the bum's rush for telling a joke that offended one of the dancers, kind of ironic.

Got me. I am mikey From Colorado

mikey, what was your avatar at RF365?

Wally Bobek's?

For a generation that place was Wally obek's.

Anyways to the topic, I remember that Connor Byrne wrote for RF365 but after he left, it wasn't quite the same.

i dunno, yeah bobeks is a hot dog brand. it's been a while eh?

8 and 8, yes i remember you. i do not suggest that TSW transforms into "all off topic, all the time". just a new subforum.

Goose

greg s

Gary g

Bflobob8

Bilzrock

Cowgirl

anello1960

ddd

steveb

joma

mikey from colorado

I'm still here (steveb). It sucks about RF365, but we kind of knew it was going to happen sooner or later. How has everyone been doing? Have you been able to locate the rest of the RF365 crew?

mikey, what was your avatar at RF365?

8 and 8, yes i remember you. i do not suggest that TSW transforms into "all off topic, all the time". just a new subforum.

I am not Mikey. :nana:

And, There are enough subforums. OTW is for anything non-sports or politics related. If it is not worthy of a thread put it in Last Post Wins. To say we need more forums is ridiculous.

I'm still here (steveb). It sucks about RF365, but we kind of knew it was going to happen sooner or later. How has everyone been doing? Have you been able to locate the rest of the RF365 crew?

hey jabber. i have not located anyone- i have a few e-mails and will try.

tags realfootball365.com realfootball365 rf365

Edited by jethro_tull

Way back in 2008 RF365 changed a lot in their format, and made people jump through hoops to stay, and post. That was when myself, and many others simply left and never went back, many migrated here, Rumblings, or both....

All due respect to Conner Bryne, but the writing was on the wall even then...

Way back in 2008 RF365 changed a lot in their format, and made people jump through hoops to stay, and post. That was when myself, and many others simply left and never went back, many migrated here, Rumblings, or both....

All due respect to Conner Bryne, but the writing was on the wall even then...

Conner was a good writer, I enjoyed most of his articles, but the guy that took over for him [Anthony Bialy] was a bad writer. RF365 was good while it lasted.

I was the guy who kept insisting Jauron got the most of the talent he was given to work with. Yes, DDD is in the house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Mr. Wonderful

I remember the rep of Conner Bryne getting burned here. Somebody exposed him as (perhaps) as being a recent HS graduate.

Just sayin'. Few here were overly impressed with his writ.

Don't really mean to dump on your picnic.

I remember the rep of Conner Bryne getting burned here. Somebody exposed him as (perhaps) as being a recent HS graduate.

Just sayin'. Few here were overly impressed with his writ.

Don't really mean to dump on your picnic.

It's been years but I thought Connor wrote pretty well and more importantly I thought he was hard-working and conscientious.

I appreciated his effort unlike some actual professionals who are obviously lazy.

As JJabber and I said upthread, after Connor left the standards for the Bills write-ups went down considerably.

It's been years but I thought Connor wrote pretty well and more importantly I thought he was hard-working and conscientious.

I appreciated his effort unlike some actual professionals who are obviously lazy.

As JJabber and I said upthread, after Connor left the standards for the Bills write-ups went down considerably.

I agree!