Marrone's potential chameleon offense

I doubt if this article accurately predicts the Bills O in 2013. There's been talk coming from OBD of elements of the K-Gun and a lot of West Coast looks and the author doesn't mention this. Nor does he talk about Marrone's offensive tactics at Syracuse very much. But the article does present an exciting case for the options Marrone does have. IF guys live up to their potential, Marrone & Hackett will be having fun this year. So, too, us fans.

Iron Butterfly, thanks for the link. It was a good read.

These plays -K-Gun/WCO- could well be the other 20 options noted in the article.

Great read, Inthegardenofeden! Thanks!

Good article, and I agree if we put our players in the proper positions and mix things up, this offense could be nightmarish to defend...

speed all over the field and a game breaking RB that is electric in space...

The Offensive line needs to be as good as can be for this offense to work. They let Levitre go, so the line will be weaker. So at this point I'm a bit pessimistic.

The only thing concerning me on the offense is the line. I am worried more then a little about the entire front. this article is great and all. It sounds a lot like all the stuff I have been saying about mismatching our offense to the D but we need to win the trenches to do anything

Why do you say that? It's been around for decades. Not much to understand. QB is reading the DE (usually, although could be an LB) to the play side of the run called and whether or not he is lined up inside or outside the T (this usually tells the QB who the pre-snap key is for the defensive player he is reading). The only recent new wrinkle is the prevelance of running the option out of the shotgun (or pistol, for that matter). I think most fans know what it is since the talking heads make it sound like it's something brand new.

GO BILLS!!!

Read the posts in this thread. People seem to believe that Manuel, Wilson, and Kaepernick are the only QBs in the league who can run it.