[OT] Official 24 thread

Just Jack

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Marianne has amnesia...then 24 has officially jumped the shark.  I love this show more than any other on television...

BUT SHE CAN'T HAVE AMNESIA!!!

232102[/snapback]

I doubt they go as far as amnesia but I could see a bad concussion with memory loss or she just stays unconscious for a while.

If Marianne has amnesia...then 24 has officially jumped the shark.  I love this show more than any other on television...

BUT SHE CAN'T HAVE AMNESIA!!!

232102[/snapback]

:w00t:

Either Amnesia...or the Evil Twin / Good Twin storyline.

Now that the two insiders on the plot (Powell, Marianne) have been taken out in one way or another, does anyone think that we will ever find out what their motives for involvement were?  Were these people really evil enough to just do this for money?!

232124[/snapback]

Well, Marianne wasn't really "taken out" - just knocked unconscious. She'll be back and I doubt she has amnesia. Having said that, you still make a good point. There seem to have been some loose ends in previous seasons that weren't tied up. I'll bet we'll still see more of Marianne. In fact, I hope we do. :w00t:

I thought the same thing that BuckeyeBill did...we now have sympathy for Sarah and don't think she's a mole. But don't count her out. Powell was offering money to Jack & Tony for helping him out - don't bet that the "people he knows" already did that to Sarah.

In re: your statement about the witness getting killed, I haven't seen the other seasons but I kept wondering what they were waiting for to get him in the car.  Also it was a weird finish to have Tony's "I'm unemployed" line for some humor and then an sniper shot in a matter of seconds.

231898[/snapback]

I saw that as just a bad attempt at humor, really. Somehow, I don't think Tony will turn to the dark side. Now that we know Palmer pardoned him, I see Tony coming back to work for CTU. Yeah, I know he committed a federal crime, but this is TV. :w00t:

I knew it was too good to be true when they had Marianne and Powell in custody. Each episode has to end on something bad happening, so I was waiting for it.

Yeah, people getting shot and blown up all over and you don't isolate and protect such a key bad guy/witness?  :w00t:  At least they got that biatch Marianne.  I can't believe they couldn't figure it out just from observing her shiftiness.  Too bad Sarah had to suffer.

Still, an entertaining episode.

231907[/snapback]

Yeah, Sara suffering was bad. I think Sara is hot. I need her to stick around on the show a little while longer. lol

I saw that as just a bad attempt at humor, really. Somehow, I don't think Tony will turn to the dark side. Now that we know Palmer pardoned him, I see Tony coming back to work for CTU. Yeah, I know he committed a federal crime, but this is TV.    :w00t:

232323[/snapback]

I was actually wondering if there might be some trouble involved once the higher-ups find out that Tony is working with Jack, seeing as how they still don't know.

I'm sure that Johnson will have a shot or something to take care of that.

232159[/snapback]

Hahha I love when they just say "do we need to bring in Johnson?" and you just immediately think of extreme questioning/pain techniques.

Anyone else notice when the SoD was talking to Driscoll about finding out who the mole was - Sara (initially) - and how the guy working with him from DoD, forgot his name, confirmed it was Sara?? I thought that was REALLY fishy. He was also the one defending it when Edgar realized it was Marianne, and they all came around eventually on that.

Something tells me HE may have some alterior motives, since he was the only one to say that it was Sara who was giving out confidential material. Could be something to watch.

My favorite part of the episode was having Jack and Tony in the same frame, running with their weapons drawn - ahh the good ol days of 24 :doh:

This is shaping up to be a great season. Maybe the best...well, second best (Season 1 was a classic). I thought the first 10 episodes of season 2 were terrific (until they deviated from the original plot), but so far, this season is just as good.

They have brought in new characters that are really enjoyable. Edgar is GREAT. Even Curtis (who I can't tell if he's just a bad actor or if his jaw is wired shut) and the Azraz Family.

Last night I think Berhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus took a turn. I mean, killing the guy with the shovel was classic, but he still seemed a little weak. But last night he had the "I'm going to !@#$ up my father" look in his eye. I think Behruuuuuuuuuuuuus is going to clean house pretty soon and take out his father (maybe more) without going to the police. It would be cool to see Jack work one end of the threat (the corporate side) while Berhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus gets midevil on his father's side of the threat.

Of course, I just love saying Berhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus

If they even say one more time that "we need to find the override before the rest of these reactors go critical" I dont know if i can watch this show anymore. This is over the top. Granted I work with this stuff, but every single reactor in this country that is producing power is currently "critical" This is a VERY good state, and the preferred state , for a reactor to be in. Its obvious they did absolutly no research on the topic of nuclear power before producing this show.

If they even say one more time that "we need to find the override before the rest of these reactors go critical" I dont know if i can watch this show anymore.  This is over the top.  Granted I work with this stuff, but every single reactor in this country that is producing power is currently "critical"  This is a VERY good state, and the preferred state , for a reactor to be in.  Its obvious they did absolutly no research on the topic of nuclear power before producing this show.

239371[/snapback]

ok, now you know how i feel every time there's a courtroom scene on tv. relax, it's entertainment. :blink:

Yeah, Sara suffering was bad.  I think Sara is hot.  I need her to stick around on the show a little while longer.  lol

232457[/snapback]

I almost hate to admit it, but Chloe was getting towards doable in the early ep's this year.

Last nights show was rather uneventful.  Is there any doubt that Tony (as a civilian that has nothing to live for) will end up saving the planet before this season is over?

239579[/snapback]

I thought the last minute with what TerrorMom said about the reactors was good. The rest of the episode was pretty easy to predict. The only thing that would have surprised me was if Lispy's mom was saved.

If they even say one more time that "we need to find the override before the rest of these reactors go critical" I dont know if i can watch this show anymore.  This is over the top.  Granted I work with this stuff, but every single reactor in this country that is producing power is currently "critical"  This is a VERY good state, and the preferred state , for a reactor to be in.  Its obvious they did absolutly no research on the topic of nuclear power before producing this show.

239371[/snapback]

I would look up information like this on the internet but with "homeland security" I don't want to be the guy doing a google search on nuclear power plant meltdown levels.

Yeah, i know its entertainment, but this show bugged me last night. Besides the whole "Critical reactor" thing, how is it that edgars was close enough to go help his mother, who was near the meltdown on the west coast? (I presume Edgar was at CTU in DC).

Why didnt Navi just shoot baruz when he shot his brother?

Why was baruz yelling "we are terrorists" in the hospital and nobody did anything about it? It was loud and in public. One would think if I was in a hospital while a terrorist act was occurring and someone was crying saying "We did this", I might try to do something myself.

Now, I love this show, but my reason for loving it is the same reason It annoys me. You have to think ALOT while watching this show. Every little detail is potentially very important and you need to peice things together. Since the show is under intense scruitiny, these little details bug the heck out of me because I otherwise wouldnt have noticed them.

But back to the Critical Reactor for a moment...I guess my main problem with this is the lack of understanding the general public has about nuclear power. It is very safe, and very efficient. People fear things they do not understand, and nuclear power is one of the things most people do not understand. Shows such as this one (which IMO, could have created a realistic terrorism act against nuclear power plants), only further the public fear of something they should not be nearly as worried about.