Powerball Saturday $600,000,000

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seiously, how would you spend that amount of money? I could take care of any and all obligations, get the beachouse, fancy car etc and still have a ton of money left. I imagine I would give a big hunk to family members, The rest would go to charities ...but I'm not sure to whom and for what.Telll you what I WOULD do. Huge Buffalo Bills tailgate party on me.

Winning that much money would be dangerous. You'd have to flee the country.

And that's exactly what I'd do. I'd build a nice house (not huge it's only the wife and me) on an island in the Caribbean and spend most of my time there. I'd also have a place in CA wine country (probably Sonoma) and probably a place in Europe (Italy or France).

The hardest part would be quitting my job. I'd like to quit the day I won but couldn't do that seeing I love the company and it's CEO. But I'd want to get to all the things I'd want to do ASAP.

And that's exactly what I'd do. I'd build a nice house (not huge it's only the wife and me) on an island in the Caribbean and spend most of my time there. I'd also have a place in CA wine country (probably Sonoma) and probably a place in Europe (Italy or France).

The hardest part would be quitting my job. I'd like to quit the day I won but couldn't do that seeing I love the company and it's CEO. But I'd want to get to all the things I'd want to do ASAP.

winning that much money you would have to move. no way you could stay at the same place, you would have a big target on you. Id move to Canada and have dual citizenship.

Could you imagine the taxes on 550 million dollars. Crazy.

For NY, figure 1/3 to 1/2 going to taxes. So plan on what you can do with $275 Million, not $550 Million.

Unless you take the cash value, rather than the annual payout. In which case you end up with less than $100M, probably.

Unless you take the cash value, rather than the annual payout. In which case you end up with less than $100M, probably.

That is cash value. Payments is closer to 1/3, cash is closer to 1/2. Either way it's a **** load of money.

For NY, figure 1/3 to 1/2 going to taxes. So plan on what you can do with $275 Million, not $550 Million.

Actually $550MM is the value of the annuity so if you take the lump sum you need to calcuate the PV before you apply taxes. So figure more like $350MM, or ~$200MM after taxes.

Actually $550MM is the value of the annuity so if you take the lump sum you need to calcuate the PV before you apply taxes. So figure more like $350MM, or ~$200MM after taxes.

200 million would do just fine .....since its free money.

only time I buy Powerballl when it gets over 200 mill. Id even settle for the second place prize. 2 people won 2 million second place prize Tuesday night, not bad...

Edited by Bufcomments