As Supported by the Buffalo BIlls No Open Containers of

other information that was stated, that I did not include was that there are many, many incidents that also go without arrest. Kind of because the security is so understaffed they can't possibly tackle every issue. So they break up fights but don't arrest anyone, confiscate alcohol but not arrest anyone, confiscate tickets but not arrest scalpers, confiscate merchandise but not arrest the illegal vendors.

I really can't, or won't mention other stories here. All I can say is your basing your information based on articles and I'm basing my information based on real actual people that I know that have worked the stadium for years.

With all that said, most of you know my opinion on the tailgating and partying situation in he past. I was all for the craziness. Knowing how stubborn I am, and I'm sure all of you know I am, I have changed my opinion of the tailgating and partying situation after speaking with my friend about this. That should tell you something about the situation of its changing my views on it.

I'm 100% certain that real actual people contributed to the article I linked to.

Regardless, it's all conjecture. As I said, I'm not calling the info you've received into question; I'm simply saying that--in all recordable, quantifiable terms--the behavior at the Ralph doesn't seem to be outlandish in comparison to other stadiums.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they really wanted to be that strict, they could still get you for an open container even if it's pocketed.

An unopened can is an open container violation? What

I'm 100% certain that real actual people contributed to the article I linked to.

Regardless, it's all conjecture. As I said, I'm not calling the info you've received into question; I'm simply saying that--in all recordable, quantifiable terms--the behavior at the Ralph doesn't seem to be outlandish in comparison to other stadiums.

i respect your opinion and I obviously can't change that. Honestly, I don't care that much. If you don't want to believe my inside information, that's fine. Just thought I'd inform as many people as possible.

We only had one prime time game in the last 3 years and we won it.

PTR

You're correct, I over-exaggerated. I just still can't get those nightmare Browns and Pats* games out of my head from a few years back. At the very least, (if I recall correctly) the Pats* game was in NE not the Ralph, so we didn't choke at home.

I can believe that. Go to any other NFL game and it's like a police state. Especially Pats* games. They have a zero tolerance policy on douchebaggery.

We only had one prime time game in the last 3 years and we won it.

PTR

Don't confuse his rant with facts! Some just need a reason to complain to make them happy.

Don't confuse his rant with facts! Some just need a reason to complain to make them happy.

Not sure how that was a complaint or a rant, but thanks for the over-reaction. I know context is hard over the computer screen but I was mostly joking, and admitted I over-exaggerated. All I was attempting to say was I'm happy the Bills seem to finally have somebody pushing primetime. The more exposure the better, even if we might crap the bed during the game. Thanks.

Edited by TheLynchTrain

An unopened can is an open container violation? What

Yup. If you have a six pack and one of them breaks free from the plastic rings it also can be an open container violation. I don't know if you buy 6 packs or the tall 24oz cans but stores are required to bag them now otherwise you can be charge with an open container.

It's basically the officers choice whether to actually charge you for it or not.

Edited by The Wiz

I believe they dont get primetime games because they have no draw. They stink.

The infrastructure of the stadium is also outdated for all the primetime equipment.

Also, out of all the Bills games I have been to, I have never ever seen a fight (or even a near-fight) not result in an ejection.

I have seen the inside of Eagles games and things are worse.

Edited by May Day 10

i respect your opinion and I obviously can't change that. Honestly, I don't care that much. If you don't want to believe my inside information, that's fine. Just thought I'd inform as many people as possible.

It's not that I don't believe what you're saying; I'm confident that there are plenty of unreported incidents and such.

I just don't know how it can be accurately correlated to other team's reported #s; that's all.

And I too don't care much; I don't go to games to drink...I go to watch the team. If I choose to drink, it's always just a few and always within the context of the rules.

Finally leading the league in something!!!

Unfortunately, that's what it has become. The product on the Field isn't good enough, people wanna get together an go to these games and drinking seems to be the only relief for some fans...

Edited by mattsox

Unfortunately, that's what it has become. The product on the Field isn't good enough, people wanna get together an go to these games and drinking seems to be the only relief for alot of fans going to the games...

it's not the team; people drink because they drink

It's not that I don't believe what you're saying; I'm confident that there are plenty of unreported incidents and such.

I just don't know how it can be accurately correlated to other team's reported #s; that's all.

And I too don't care much; I don't go to games to drink...I go to watch the team. If I choose to drink, it's always just a few and always within the context of the rules.

i was simply stating his experiences and just how is fans here post and have opinions on the stadium on Sundays. The officers do as well and they have more accurate information. That's what he's basing his experiences and information on and what he relayed to me. Any reports you see, they see, plus have the real story. Plus they have the real stories and information from the other teams sources as well.

i was simply stating his experiences and just how is fans here post and have opinions on the stadium on Sundays. The officers do as well and they have more accurate information. That's what he's basing his experiences and information on and what he relayed to me. Any reports you see, they see, plus have the real story. Plus they have the real stories and information from the other teams sources as well.

Sorry but when you start out by saying your friend has told you that the Ralph has more arrests then the rest of the NFL stadiums combined on any given Sunday your friend loses a touch of credibility on this board. That is just not possible. The Ralph is what it is. It is for the most part a young crowd(20-40 years old), it is a drinking crowd, with true blue collar fans in attendance, it is one of the last few stadiums in the league that has not been taken over by Corporate America. If they ever do start winning, the Ralph will be one of the most feared stadiums in the league for visitors to come into(kind of like in the late 80's/& most of the 90's). It does get ugly in there sometimes, but with all the losing that is to be expected. Keep yout head down, don't look for trouble & try to sit in the better seats & your fine. I have been going to the games for 25 years & have only had one incident happen to my friends & me. I still like going to the game day experience.

Sorry but when you start out by saying your friend has told you that the Ralph has more arrests then the rest of the NFL stadiums combined on any given Sunday your friend loses a touch of credibility on this board. That is just not possible. The Ralph is what it is. It is for the most part a young crowd(20-40 years old), it is a drinking crowd, with true blue collar fans in attendance, it is one of the last few stadiums in the league that has not been taken over by Corporate America. If they ever do start winning, the Ralph will be one of the most feared stadiums in the league for visitors to come into(kind of like in the late 80's/& most of the 90's). It does get ugly in there sometimes, but with all the losing that is to be expected. Keep yout head down, don't look for trouble & try to sit in the better seats & your fine. I have been going to the games for 25 years & have only had one incident happen to my friends & me. I still like going to the game day experience.

So the Ralph is filled with 20-40 year old blue collar hard drinking crowd where as long as you keep your head down and sit in the better seats you should be fine.

While most of the other stadiums are filled with mainly white collar corporate types.

You basically just made his point that it would indeed be possible for the Ralph to have more arrests than the other stadiums if what you said is true.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Teams are likely to have drastically different ejection and/or arrest policies. I'd say that as long as you limited your ticket purchase to those areas populated by season ticket holders that you'd be fine in the Ralph or most anywhere else. Sit in the endzone and you're likely to rub elbows with an angry, intoxicated single game ticket buyers that have decided to forgo the rules of common decency.

I can't imagine that the Bills' crowd is any worse than the Raiders', for one.

So the Ralph is filled with 20-40 year old blue collar hard drinking crowd where as long as you keep your head down and sit in the better seats you should be fine.

While most of the other stadiums are filled with mainly white collar corporate types.

You basically just made his point that it would indeed be possible for the Ralph to have more arrests than the other stadiums if what you said is true.

No, he said they have more arrests then every NFL stadium combined & I am telling you that statement is just not possible. Does that statement seem possible to you. I mean on a given Sunday at the Ralph there are probably between 100-200 arrests. So your telling me in 15 other venues in a particular Sunday, where the combined attendance is of those 15 other venues is probably pushing a little north of 1 million people, that there are not 200 arrests combined? His friend is wrong plain & simple. People love to exaggerate how bad the atmosphere at the Ralph is just how people love to exaggerate how bad the weather is here. That is my point.

Edited by Gordio

It does seem unlikely to me. But if like you suggest the Ralph indeed is full of younger, hard drinking, blue collar types that have been tailgating all day and the other stadiums are filled with older white collar people who show up just for the game then it could be at least possible.

Plus if the info is coming from a sheriff who works at the Ralph I would tend to believe that over Wikipedia.

All I was saying was if your characterization of the crowds is accurate, it could be possible.

How would a sherrif that works at the Ralph have weekly arrest figures from all other NFl stadiums? Asking a serious question. Obviously they would have accurate numbers for the Ralph but doesn't seem like its info that would be trickled down to and shared amongst 31 other enforcement groups. It's not like they're all working under one company/department.

Man people must have been making snowballs for hours before that started.

How would a sherrif that works at the Ralph have weekly arrest figures from all other NFl stadiums? Asking a serious question. Obviously they would have accurate numbers for the Ralph but doesn't seem like its info that would be trickled down to and shared amongst 31 other enforcement groups. It's not like they're all working under one company/department.

People in the same industry tend to meet one another. I have met al kinds of people around the world in my industry.

Hey, I'm not saying it is true or not true. Only made the observation that if Gordios characterization of the crowds at the various stadiums is accurate, then it could be true.

I have no freaking idea of the actual stats, one way or the other :)