16 GB Ipad. Is that enough space?

My girlfriend got 16GB IPad for her graduation and were are discussing whether or not it is enough space for music/pictures ect. My mom has a 32GB but she downloads a lot of apps for her business and doesnt have much music. So far my mom hasn't had an issue with the memory.

Anyone have a 16GB? Is it enough memory for you?

does apple offer cloud storage? i purposely went with a lower storage droid device because i use google music to store my stuff in the cloud rather than on the device...naturally with the cloud you need to be connected to a network so you'd need a data plan or constantly finding wifi...on it's own, i'd blow through 16 gig of music in about 10 minutes...

does apple offer cloud storage? i purposely went with a lower storage droid device because i use google music to store my stuff in the cloud rather than on the device...naturally with the cloud you need to be connected to a network so you'd need a data plan or constantly finding wifi...on it's own, i'd blow through 16 gig of music in about 10 minutes...

I think apple charges for their cloud stuff.

I love my nexus 10. Everything is on the Google servers or my own network drive which updates every night. My cell sends pictures to my personal network. I have a router from net gear that allows a HDD to be connected and host files' etc. If the cloud is not available I log in to my network

Apple offers a service called iTunes Match. All of your music is stored in the cloud. I can access all 60 GB of music on my 16 GB phone. I don't use the iPad for music, so 16 GB is more than enough space.

Oh, but the iTunes Match does cost $24.99 per year. Well worth it IMHO.

Edited by Fatty McButterpants

I have a 16GB iPad, and it works just fine for me BECAUSE I don't use it to store my music. I use my iPhone for that, and since I'm never 10 feet from that, the redundancy is unnecessary.

Was just scrolling to get to the reply box so I could post exactly this.

16GB iPad here, I have a bunch of apps on it, use it a lot, and still have about half the space left. All my music is on my iPhone, and all the video for the iPad is streaming. Or if I do want to listen to music via the iPad, I just use Pandora or another streaming service.

With all the extra space I have, I guess I could even keep 4-6GB of music on it if I chose to.

She should be ok with the 16GB.

Was just scrolling to get to the reply box so I could post exactly this.

16GB iPad here, I have a bunch of apps on it, use it a lot, and still have about half the space left. All my music is on my iPhone, and all the video for the iPad is streaming. Or if I do want to listen to music via the iPad, I just use Pandora or another streaming service.

With all the extra space I have, I guess I could even keep 4-6GB of music on it if I chose to.

She should be ok with the 16GB.

Precisely my setup. We have a smart TV also, and I have my Mac mini hooked up to it with a wireless keyboard/track pad.

Hulu plus & some generous friends with Netflix streaming/HBO GO/Watch ESPN and I've got everything I need sans cable.

Apple offers a service called iTunes Match. All of your music is stored in the cloud. I can access all 60 GB of music on my 16 GB phone. I don't use the iPad for music, so 16 GB is more than enough space.

Oh, but the iTunes Match does cost $24.99 per year. Well worth it IMHO.

This is intriguing. I only have an 8 GB i-phone, and have been terrified about putting my music on there.

I assume you have to be connected to a network or wifi to listen to music from itunes match?