exclusive Season Ticket Holder Fan Forum call

You are invited to join Head Coach, Doug Marrone and Voice of the Bills, John Murphy for an exclusive Season Ticket Holder Fan Forum call. The Fan Forum will take place on Wednesday, May 8 from 12:30-1:30 p.m. and is a free benefit to Season Ticket Holders.

first interesting comment was that the Bills new about a 1 and 1/2 week before the draft that E J Manuel was their pick.

coach Marrone indicated that he is inclined to play rookies sooner rather than later/letting them sit for a year. did not mention any bills players by name, but referenced an experience he had with New Orleans and OG Jarhi Evans.

could bode well for E J Manuel.

I liked the Marrone hire when it happened and I like it even more now. He always reminds me of a young Parcells for some reason?!? Hopefully he will have similar accomplishments over the next 25 years or so! He has a large presence and he's so confident in his vision and answers that he makes me believe he knows exactly how to turn this thing around.

Edited by zow2

I liked the Marrone hire when it happened and I like it even more now. He always reminds me of a young Parcells for some reason?!? Hopefully he will have similar accomplishments over the next 25 years or so! He has a large presence and he's so confident in his vision and answers that he makes me believe he knows exactly how to turn this thing around.

I've been holding back on mentioning this because Im already a big enough Kool-aid drinker, but I've seen him as a young Parcells myself. Obviously, he has a loooong way to go before he can rightly be compared, but I know what you mean.

Opinion of wildcat?

-studied it when it came out, over the course of wildcat, it's becoming less effective. Feels better about a more mobile QB.

Dictating offenses with the 3-4 defense?

-gonna be multiple. Best players in field. Best opportunity to win. Doesn't like being vanilla. Will be lining up in multiple defenses to out pressure to dictate offenses. Wants to be the team to dictate.

Q: do you think C J Spiller should be utilized more ?

A: said C J's ave yard per carry was unbelievable. then went on to say that if they see a mismatch on the field to the bills advantage, that he would call that play 25 times in a row if it kept working.

Q: will McKelvin continue to return kicks

A: this team is loaded with good returners, mentioned newcomers wood and goodwin by name.

Trade for Jerry Hughes? Where he fits, and why not Kelvin?

-opportunity to trade a player to put each player in better situations. Highes will be pass rusher. Liked him out of college. Liked his flexibility in the system.

How time in N.O. will help here?

-structure, foundation, teamwork. Always learning and striving. Buffalo has a better tradition than NO. "Have a chance to when ppl wake up on Monday morning and out in their Bills gear and be proud" "we wanna win for the fans" "greatest fans in this league, I've played in this stadium" "fans will help us win games" the pressure is on from everyone. The coaches, players, fans.

Getting down to 53. Who makes the decisions who makes the team?

-buddy is GM and they meet and evaluate, at end of the day, buddy, Marrone, Whaley, RB, and position coaches. Everyone listens to everyone's opinions.

Why Tuel Didnt get drafted? I think? Weird call.

-wasnt as productive as he could have been. But brought him in.

Are they looking to make more FA moves or trades?

-always looking to upgrade. (But sounds like not)

Said he doesn't see anything in The horizon but could change.

Brought a level of enthusiasm beyond what we've seen in a long time, how do we get by the Pats? Giants have us blueprint, more up front to out pressure on Brady, how to beat them?

-be smart. Gave NE props. Said if you focus too much on NE then you could hurt yourself in the other 14 games. Brady is great QB, and manages the games. (Wants OUR QBs to do the same) talks about Bree's when he was in NO. Must beat teams in division. Must play physical. (Big emphasis on being physical here).

Important to make adjustments on the fly, on the sideline. Cat and mouse with opponents; have to adjust and more importantly, have to make adjustments you know the players can execute.

QBs, some that are rookies, as some Vets, how to manage time in practice and pre season?

-lots of practice time to figure it out. Feels that one will distance himself from the others. Says "players, and coaches know who's going to win or lose the job". No front runner right now. Excited to see rookies starting tomorrow. Production and results, who wins will start.

Biggest challenge getting this team to playoffs and being competitive?

-work ethic. Study he's done over 13 years? Jen yiur plus 1 in turnover you win 80% of games. When your minus, your aweful. Must secure ball in offense and STs and on defense to take ball away. Already working in it.

Coaching staff communication with fans?

-put all energy into winning football games. Has team around him to manage season ticket holders and fans. Be out in community for events. Fans will believe what they see, not what they hear. Fans will respond to results. " Will not be out worked by anybody"

Lol. Called Philly fans evil. Lol

If you win coin toss, do you prefer to receive or kick?

-discussed during week. If you feel you can dominate them defensively, can kick. Win games by how you adjust on sideline. Always know what kind of plays or looks to call before the situation always arises. Loves making adjustments. Likes the ball at the half.

How to generate by in from players? Especially ones that he hasn't coached yet. (Basically the entire team)

-tradition is great here in Buffalo. "Playing for yourself and playing for money, your playing for the wrong reasons" player dedication. The want to play and win regardless of money. "We have ability to affect a region playing football, and if you don't want that, you can go play for another football team" (sounds like a **** at Byrd IMO)

Talked about playing up in Buffalo as a player and wished he played for a place where the fans were as crazy and passionate as we are here.